The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition

Sharp Tongue Trophy

I'm having a real bad time with this trophy. I have all the insults and comebacks but one! The last one I need is about a scar, but the pirates just won't say it! Do I have to keep doing sword fights or should I go to the Sword Master and try getting the trophy while fighting her? Also, can you quit the fight with her?

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
I wonder if they are progressively rarer the further down the list (the one linked to the trophy guide) you go? I'm down to missing one that's second or third last and I think I've heard the others a lot :D

there is quite a bit of randomness to insult swordfighting. but I always find it helpful to do this:

1) when all the learned insults have responses already, start the fight by calling them ugly, and keep failing to respond to their insults. the point here is to let them keep throwing insults at you, so you might learn new ones

2) as soon as you learn a new insult, use it first at every fight until you learn its response. otherwise keep on using "boy you're ugly" insults, and "oh yeah?" responses.. you want to create learning opportunities here.

3) when you just got a couple insults missing, always start the fight with the latest insult you've learnt. it does seem like opponents come in various skill levels, and the lower ones simply wouldn't know any advanced insults.

Edited by CatNZ

there is quite a bit of randomness to insult swordfighting. but I always find it helpful to do this:

1) when all the learned insults have responses already, start the fight by calling them ugly, and keep failing to respond to their insults. the point here is to let them keep throwing insults at you, so you might learn new ones

2) as soon as you learn a new insult, use it first at every fight until you learn its response. otherwise keep on using "boy you're ugly" insults, and "oh yeah?" responses.. you want to create learning opportunities here.

3) when you just got a couple insults missing, always start the fight with the latest insult you've learnt. it does seem like opponents come in various skill levels, and the lower ones simply wouldn't know any advanced insults.

Thanks for your advice! This trophy is pure randomness and somehow we have to eliminate it. Unless of course someone wants to fight pirates for 3+ hours :D.

• 2 weeks later...