Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC - Road Map and Trophy Guide

If you have found this or any other threads that I maintain useful and are compelled to join this forum as a consequence, please give me a referral upon signing up by clicking here.

These road maps and/or trophy guides remains the property of the author. Ps3trophies.org is licensed to display this once here in the forum and one copy on the "front end" of the site under the guide tab. This license does not allow any additional copies to be posted on this site, nor in any other physical form, electronic media, or any other form. This may not be duplicated in any fashion without the expressed permission of the author.

Road Map

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 5/10 if you play as Lilith but 9/10 if any other characters are used. (Personal opinion).
  • Offline trophies: 10 (8 (B), 2 (S))
  • Online trophies: 0
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 15-20hrs (Personal opinion)
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
  • Number of missable trophies: 0
  • Glitched trophies: Yes, 1 - Completionist (B)
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: Not directly but playing on playthrough 2 or 2.5 will make the game a lot harder. Due to Crawmerax having a minimum requirement of Lv61, regardless of which playthrough you're on, you may want to do this DLC on Playthrough 2 so you level up faster.
  • Do trophies stack?:
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: Yes, there are separate lists for the PS4, Global and JP PS3 releases of the game.
  • Additional peripherals required?: No

Introduction:

The Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC, sees the Vault Hunters going after the Crimson Lance to stop them and General Knoxx from capturing a large chunk of the planet. Trophy wise, the only trophies you have to worry about are Vincible (S) and the DLC spanning Completionist (B). Vincible (S) can be made easier by playing as Lilith and using the ledge exploit mentioned in the Guide but do note that it's not as effective in the PS4 version of this DLC. Completionist (B) involves completing every main and side mission in this DLC but some, most noticeably the ones for killing Crawmerax and completing all of the Circles of Duty, are notoriously difficult without the proper gear and tactics but are doable with practice. Another fly in the ointment, is that it's possible to glitch Completionist (B) and stop it from popping if you play online and somehow end up with 2 or more of the Armory raid missions active in your Mission log.

Walkthrough:

Note: Due to Crawmerax having a minimum requirement of Lv61, regardless of which playthrough you're on, you may want to do this DLC on Playthrough 2 so you level up faster.

Step 1: Finish the story and complete as many Side-Missions as possible

The Story Related trophies are easy enough to get but the side missions can be a pain so feel free to leave some of them until Step 3.

Trophies earned during this step:

Making a Monster (B)

Athena, Out (B)

Depot Demolition (B)

Step 2: Completionist, Vincible and the Ding! trophies

Completionist (B), spans the entire DLC and requires you to complete every story and side mission in the DLC (including the aforementioned one for killing Crawmerax) so will take a long time to obtain. You will also be using this step to get some of the misc trophies, including the 2 Ding! trophies and Vincible (S). Vincible (S) involves killing Crawmerax The Invincible, who one of the hardest and most notorious Raid Bosses in Borderlands history but fortunately there are some exploits you can use that will make life a lot easier so see Vincible (S) for more details.

Vincible (S)

Ding! Overleveled (B)

Ding! Overleveled to 11 (S)

Completionist (B) - GLITCHED

Step 3: Cleanup

By this point, you should only be missing 3 trophies: Sneaky Little Buggers (B), Speed Kills (B) and Sucker born every minute (B)(H) but none are hard to get and should have killed most of the loot midgets anyway, if you have been opening every chest and container in sight.

Sneaky Little Buggers (B)

Speed Kills (B)

Sucker born every minute (B)(H)

Edited by Viper
Guide revisions by Terminator, 11/04/2019.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trophy Guide:

87d.jpg  Making a Monster (B)

Built the New Car: Monster

Story related, can't be missed.

You will get a mission from scooter to collect parts. Just follow the waypoints and when you're done with the mission, you will get this trophy and a new vehicle!

5a1.jpg  Athena, Out (B)

Rescued Athena

You will get a mission to rescue Athena from Lockdown Palace. Just follow the waypoints and when you're done with the mission, the trophy will pop.

456.jpg  Depot Demolition (B)

Destroyed Lance Depot

You will get a missions to destroy the Atlas Armory. Just follow the way-points (expect a nice fight and some nice loot) and when you're done with the mission you get this trophy.

5f3.jpg  Vincible (S)

Killed Crawmerax the Invincible

This is the final main story related mission (there are some side quests too, which can be done either before or after this). Crawmerax is one of the hardest boss fights in the entire Borderlands franchise. Both Crawmerax and his minions can kill you in one to two hits. The official wiki has a detailed breakdown and walkthrough of this fight: LINK. Crawmerax has a minimum level of 61, thus you need to be at or higher than that to even make a dent in his health.

Strategy:

• Craw Maggots: Weak to Shock, shoot in it's glowing eye
  • Armored Craw Worms: Weak to Acid
  • Green Craw Worms: Weak to Fire, shoot in eyes for critical
  • Crawmerax: Kill the above minions until you hit lvl 61, it will be fast. Now, a low accuracy weapon is the way to go, as you have more of a chance to hit Crawmerax's purple weak spots. Shoot each purple-head till it pops, and when all the blobs are gone, Crawmerax is dead.

Here are some videos, showing various ways of killing Crawmerax - including variations on the Safe spot exploit. PS4 Note: The safe spot exploit has been heavily nerfed in the PS4 version of this DLC and only works to any successful degree if you play as Lilith but barely works at all if you play as anyone else.

Legit (credit to citric69😞

Safe Spot v1 (PS3) (Credit to wavern, The Hoop, Jay Johnston and cinaed84)

Safe Spot v1 (PS4) (Credit to Joltzdude139😞

Hybrid strategy (PS3/4) (Credit to VinylicPumaGaming😞

Safe Spot v2 (PS4, though it should also work in the PS3 version) (Credit to EpicNNG😞

fc6.jpg  Sneaky Little Buggers (B)

Killed each of the loot midgets

There are five loot midgets that will jump out of various loot chests, and you need to kill each of them:

Meat Popsicle: Meat Popsicle will be in a fridge in Lockdown Palace (just after the vending machines in the middle of the level and can appear in others). A level 61 Meat Popsicle can be found in a hidden room under T-Bone Junction.

Truxican Wrestler: Will usually be in one of the first lockers of Lockdown Palace.

Mini Steve: Can appear anywhere but is most commonly encountered in a red weapons chest near the Claptrap in Lockdown Palace.

Crimson Shorty: is hidden in a Crimson Lance Chest at the end of Road's End.

Dumpster Diver: In the dumpster in Motorhead's garage and can only be reached once the Little People, Big Experiments mission has unlocked access to this room.

Credit to the Official Borderlands Wiki for this info: LINK

Credit to Ramza411sb for the video:

They can be killed by yourself or your co-op partner!

Credit to Sajiko for testing the co-op kills.

393.jpg  Speed Kills (B)

Destroyed a Lancer while in a Racer

After one of the story missions, you will have access to a Racer from the catch-a-ride posts. One of the easiest ways to get this is with a partner, in online co-op. One of you drives the racer (which is a lot faster than the Lancer) while the other one shoots the Lancer. The racer is really weak (a few shots and your toast) but it has a longer shooting range so just keep your distance while shooting, then both you and your partner will get the trophy!

6f9.jpg  Ding! Overleveled (B)

Reached Level 51

See Ding! Overleveled to 11

000.jpg  Ding! Overleveled to 11 (S)

Reached Level 61

You need a total of 5,985,087 XP to hit level 61 (though Lv69 is the level cap). This is easiest done on Playthrough 2 (available after you beat the base game once) or 2.5 (after you beat it twice), which increases the enemy levels and experience from killing them) but it's possible to get both of these trophies in Playthrough 1 if you either cheat or power level. See Ding! Champion (main game trophy) for more info on the various methods and exploits for levelling up fast.

Specials by class:

• If you and/or your party are soldier(s), equip the Soldier Class Mod "Leader", which can give up to 25% Bonus TEAM Experience! If you have a party of four soldier's with the 25% bonus each, that is double EXP for everyone.
  • Siren: The INTUITION skill can give you up to 20% bonus (reset skills option at New-U stations).
  • Hunter: The SMIRK skill can give you up to 15% bonus (reset skills option at New-U stations).
  • Tank: N/A
Edited by Viper
Guide revisions by Terminator, 02/05/2019.

001.jpg  Completionist (B)

Completed all missions in Secret Armory

GLITCHED

There are 43 missions (including side missions) in this DLC and all of them must be completed to get this trophy. See here for an in-depth mission guide: LINK. This trophy can be very glitchy if done whilst playing with friends so please see below for more details.

Let's start with pro-active solutions:

1) Play offline, because Playing online might permanently mess up your mission checklist.

2) Don't take more than one of these missions at the same time: "Loot Larceny", "It's Like Christmas" and "Super-Marcus Sweep". After you complete one of those three, then and only then should take the next one. Loot Larceny is given by Athena (story progress) and the other two are from Marcus. You can always hit :circle: when being offered a mission. Once you take the mission, it's too late. There is a glitch to loot the armory that some people use but don't do that if you want this trophy.

3) Backup your game before accepting the three missions mentioned above. In the XMB, under the "Game" section, there is an entry called "Saved Games Utility (PS3)" ("Application Save Data" on the PS4). In there scroll down the list to "Borderlands", where you will find one save per character. Find the character in question (it will be the one on top if you just saved), hit :triangle: and you will see a "copy" option. As long as you have a USB drive and access to the PS Plus Save File Cloud, you will always have access to a backup.

4) If you are in a game and it glitches on you, XMB quit the game immediately and restore and reboot the game.

Here are some options once you are glitched:

1) Find someone who didn't start the mission yet and have him host. This host should of course backup his own save before trying.

2) There is a "Medkit Glitch" to re-enter the armory. Essentially, what you do is buy as many square medkits as you can and drop them all in front of the door. This overwhelms the engine somehow to the point where you can walk through the closed door and fall down into the armory. I personally haven't done this but many others have and confirmed it to work. Apparently you can even jump your way back up into the elevator to start the countdown for the missions! Credit to GuruInc74 for the video:

3) Do it on another playthrough. Meaning, if you are glitched on playthrough 1, go to playthrough 2 (requires you to beat the core game once) and do all the missions again.

😎 Have another character on your console get to that quest and do the mission in splitscreen. If it is the last quest you need for Completionist, this will not work, because the missions will end with the explosion and Player 1 needs to be the character that earns the trophy as far as I know.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/8681/995.jpg Sucker born every minute (B)(H)

Paid for a worthless tour of the world's largest bullet

The World's Largest Bullet is in the Sunken Sea region. You need to deposit a lot of money and you will get this trophy. The actual amount you deposit is inconstant: sometimes as little as half your balance but usually around 8 million dollars. To get up to $9,999,999 - just keep picking up loot the enemies drop, especially what Cramermax drops, and sell it to vending machines.

While playing mission 11 "Code Breaker: Time is Bullets", you will go nearby to pick up an ECHO recording. Complete the mission, then walk back outside the mini-town where there is a pole that saves the game (next to the catch-a-ride and school bus). Now go to the house next to the bullet. On the house there are numerous arrows pointing to a box with a money symbol on it. After depositing (and watching the trophy unlock), you can press the :ps: button then "quit game". When you load back up, you will both have your money back and be back at T-Bone Junction. Credit to Xzeno for the video:

Closing Notes

This Guide was written by TigerLust. Open to suggestions, feedback, comments etc. Thank you for reading and I hope you have fun getting your 100%.

Edited by Viper
Guide revisions by Terminator, 02/05/2019.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How do you do this? Anyone know?

Before you get any quests from Marcus, save/exit your current game. Then quit the game via XMB.

In the XMB, under the "Game" section, there is an entry called "Saved Games Utility (PS3)". In there scroll down the list to "Borderlands", where you will find one save per character. Find the character in question (it will be the one on top if you just saved ;)) and hit :triangle: and you will see a "copy" option. As long as you have a USB flash/hard drive and/or another PS3 profile, you will see them in the list of where you can copy it.

Does that work for you?

Edited by TigerLust

You can also copy your Borderlands saves to the Cloud if you have PSN+ :).

Before you get any quests from Marcus, save/exit your current game. Then quit the game via XMB.

In the XMB, under the "Game" section, there is an entry called "Saved Games Utility (PS3)". In there scroll down the list to "Borderlands", where you will find one save per character. Find the character in question (it will be the one on top if you just saved ;)) and hit :triangle: and you will see a "copy" option. As long as you have a USB flash/hard drive and/or another PS3 profile, you will see them in the list of where you can copy it.

Does that work for you?

Would it be alright to copy this info to my anti-corruption guide?

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

Does that work for you?

Cheers man that worked perfectly :) Least now I don't have to worry about completionist glitching up on me a second time :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm on my first playthrough in the game and I just finished the main story missions in this DLC at lvl 43 and Crawmarax is WAY over my league. Managed to activate the safe spot glitch but I couldn't even kill of his minions. Was shooting at the same guy for 5 minutes and there was no noticeable change of his health bar. So to get higher level I need to finish the main game, but if I do that, won't I have to start all over with the DLC? I've done bunch of side missions already...

If you start a new playthrough then all your mission progress will be wiped and you will have to start again :(. The best weapon to use against Crawmerax is the Skullmasher Sniper Rifle but they're not easy to find so try and find someone in the Trading thread that will give you one :).

Aw damn it, should have started it one playthrough 2... But I do have Claptrap's New Robot Revolution and Underdome DLC left to play, think I could reach more higher lvl by playing those first? And also, what lvl do I need to be at to be able to do some damage to Crawmerax's minions?

You need to be max level which is 69 but Crawmerax will always be at level 73 and his minions will be roughly the same. You need to bring 1 each of the following if you want to kill the minions: 1 incendiary weapon (the Firehawk or the Combustion Hellfire work best), 1 corrosive weapon (the Pestilence Defiler works best) and one shock weapon, this last one is up to you as I haven't found one that works consistantly.

The only XP you will get from the Underdome is from turning in its one and only mission and from any Challenges you happen to complete. The Claptrap DLC is a better bet but some of the enemies are permanantly 2 levels above you which makes for a very tough playthrough.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

You need to be max level which is 69 but Crawmerax will always be at level 73 and his minions will be roughly the same. You need to bring 1 each of the following if you want to kill the minions: 1 incendiary weapon (the Firehawk or the Combustion Hellfire work best), 1 corrosive weapon (the Pestilence Defiler works best) and one shock weapon, this last one is up to you as I haven't found one that works consistantly.

The only XP you will get from the Underdome is from turning in its one and only mission and from any Challenges you happen to complete. The Claptrap DLC is a better bet but some of the enemies are permanantly 2 levels above you which makes for a very tough playthrough.

I need to be lvl 69? Guide doesn't mention that anywhere. And if I manage to get lvl 50 on this playthrough will I then be able to kill minions? With elemental weapons that is.

I need to be lvl 69? Guide doesn't mention that anywhere. And if I manage to get lvl 50 on this playthrough will I then be able to kill minions? With elemental weapons that is.

You don't have to be level 69. Craw will always be four levels higher then you, starting at a minimum of level 64 (he is level 64 if you are level 60 or below). It is fine to come back at level 60, and there shouldn't be much difference after that since he scales up along with you.

You CAN leave the DLC using the New-U station to do other stuff, such as the other DLC, and come back to "T-Bone Junction" once you are level 60+. I don't suggest finishing the game first thou, because I imagine Craw would be even harder on playthru 2...

You don't have to be level 69. Craw will always be four levels higher then you, starting at a minimum of level 64 (he is level 64 if you are level 60 or below). It is fine to come back at level 60, and there shouldn't be much difference after that since he scales up along with you.

You CAN leave the DLC using the New-U station to do other stuff, such as the other DLC, and come back to "T-Bone Junction" once you are level 60+. I don't suggest finishing the game first thou, because I imagine Craw would be even harder on playthru 2...

I know I can leave the DLC, but I'm close to winning the main game.

But the main thing I'm trying to find out now is, what level do I need to be at so I can kill the minions? I couldn't at lvl 43. When I can kill them then I'll start farming my way up to lvl 61.

The highest obtainable level used to be 61, and the Craw minions used to be doable at level 50+; however they changed a lot of the skill levels with patches since. At this point, I'm not sure what level you have to be at to kill them.

According to Wikia, the minions start at level 61, so possibly it will only be useful from levels 59-69 with the current patch.

Edited by TigerLust

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! I got the armory trophy glitched because I entered a MP session... can I do it if I go to playthrough 2? I tried to do the mission with another guy but I did not get the trophy... I need depot demolition and completionist, I have a lot of missions that are started but I can do nor turn in because the multiplayer...

Please share info about it if you know another way to do it.

Thanks!