Rate the trophy difficulty...  

412 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_4.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.06

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• 2 weeks later...
Due to time consumption for a plat, I am rating it a 5.

The voting guidelines explicitly state that time consumption is not a factor here. I guess those two voting 8 and 9 also did so due to time consumption. Way to mess up the score...

Edited by Zarkumo

The voting guidelines explicitly state that time consumption is not a factor here. I guess those two voting 8 and 9 also did so due to time consumption. Way to mess up the score...
It is a factor. The rules say "Remember, time consuming does not always equal difficult.". A different thing! But i see your point and i agree with it somewhat. The 8 and 9 votes are way off.

It is a factor. The rules say "Remember, time consuming does not always equal difficult." A different thing!

No offense intended, but I think you are misreading that sentence. The function of the sentence you quote is precisely to say that time consumption is not a factor, but can in some cases serve as an indicator of difficulty. The guidelines go on to give Resistance 2 as an example of a game which supposedly is time consuming but not difficult at all. If time consumption were a factor, this would by definition mean that Resistance 2 was difficult, at least more difficult than "not at all".

Another example would be Wipeout HD, which takes forever to complete because it is difficult. To get the Beat Zico trophy, you just need to finish a specific lap in 31 seconds, but in order to do that, you need to practice for many hours. If you are incredibly skilled in racing games, you could theoretically get that trophy in less than a minute - that most people need longer is an indication of the game's difficulty.

The Saboteur, on the other hand, also takes forever to complete, but in this case it is no indication of difficulty. You just need to blow up 1000+ targets spread all over Paris, Le Havre, Saarbrücken an the countryside around them. No matter how skilled or unskilled you are, this takes a long time. Even if you are very unskilled, this will not increase the time significantly: you just need to walk up to a target, press R1 and walk away. Done.

People who still grade The Saboteur 8 or 9 ignore the rules' separation of longevity from difficulty.

i havent actualy got this game but was gonna pick it up sumtime. just curious if its worth the money?

Yes, maybe not the full price, but once it drops down to like €40 I'll get it. At least worth a rent. Some memorable set piece shoot-outs. There are two threads in this forum with more opinions, they are titled "Any good?" and "Quality?"

No offense intended, but I think you are misreading that sentence. The function of the sentence you quote is precisely to say that time consumption is not a factor, but can in some cases serve as an indicator of difficulty. The guidelines go on to give Resistance 2 as an example of a game which supposedly is time consuming but not difficult at all. If time consumption were a factor, this would by definition mean that Resistance 2 was difficult, at least more difficult than "not at all".
None taken! We're just discussing here, aren't we?

I get your point, and likewise i think you get mine. We have different views of it and i do agree that The saboteur is nowhere near warhawk in time consuming, but comparing to pure easy platimuns like Sega Megadrive collection and Superstars V8 (which i would give a 2-3), saboteur not being harder (since you can do it all on lowest difficulty) would still get 3-4 from me.

I personally gave it a 6.

though you can play it on casual, the game is still not a breeze. some of the ambiant missions are hard to see/figure out, and a few of the tasks required for perks are quite hard like escaping on level 5... seriously that can take some time/luck to pull off *not to mention getting level 5 is hard enough*

in a lot of area's i found the AI to be beyond useless, like when you save Bry, i planted some tnt at a snipers post and he just stood there looking at it, and died... this happened a lot of times and lead to me/him dying over it

though as some said time isnt a factor, i disagree about that... like disgaea is a solid 2, since all youre doing is waiting for random spawn monsters and leveling equipment... it just takes around 200 hours to plat *it took me 40 or so hours+ to get all the pirates alone... =\* for this game i feel its the same, since the quests are so tedious i find it hard to keep playing for long periods, the same can be said about a lot of quests... like kissing girls, finding people to save, smoking *thats like leaving the game idle for and hour and a half*

About smoking - you activate it by pressing :l3: while Shaun isn't moving.

About difficulty - I think it's worth 4. May be it's not difficult considering missions but it's annoying to get all that collectables (don't know if you can call it collectable). It's not just picking sth up, most of the time you have to blow sth up and for this you need explosives; when you run out of explosives you have to go and by them at store, to buy it you need money, you get money from blowing up things - perfect cycle which takes more then 40h to complete.

Once I thought that 200 pigeons in GTA IV were too much, now I wonder what will there be in future - 20,000 of sth? I hope not.

Edited by wichor1

i said 6 just becuase i fear i am going to have to start the freeplay over due to a glitch that is preventing me from getting 20+ targets in the country and most likely more in paris, besides that i would say its more of a 3, but seeing as i wasted 10 hours already thats an instant double score in my book, lol

i said 6 just becuase i fear i am going to have to start the freeplay over due to a glitch that is preventing me from getting 20+ targets in the country and most likely more in paris, besides that i would say its more of a 3, but seeing as i wasted 10 hours already thats an instant double score in my book, lol

i think the simple ammount makes it more than 4, i mean even on casual, youll get swamped or destroyed just trying to get targets...

I was averaging 30 or so with a death ending in alert 5...

theres a lot of other things like... it appears that every area has +3 whatever the trophy is... which lets face it is a LOT and a lot of solving like all the viewpoint ones...

Being there only 4 missable trophies (stealth killing Generals, completing mission without an alarm, in a disguise), most of the trophies are easily achievable by just playing the story. Only thing that's "hard" is the Freeplay Ambient Events cause they're time consuming.

Verdict: 3