Haruhi Discussion & Information

This is the kouryaku site I've been using, it's worked well so far and looks to be fairly comprehensive:

http://savedata.jp/ps3/haruhi-tsuisou/

Another one referenced on the JP Trophy Wiki:

http://haruhitsuisou.wiki.fc2.com/

Now that I'm a lot farther into it, here are a few notes to those who are considering importing...

Import Friendliness for Trophy Hunters

Intermediate level of Japanese recommended. If you don't know Japanese, the Platinum won't be "near impossible" like 428 or White Album, but it will be definitely harder than the likes of Clannad, Love Once, and Umineko. It isn't a super straight-forward "follow the decision guide" game, there are a lot of instances where you need to follow one of many paths, trigger an event flag on that path, then "Jump" back in time to trigger a different event flag which will let you follow a different path, and so forth. It's less complicated than 428, but more-or-less the same concept. There are also a lot of collectibles (CGs, Events, Items, 120 Stamps etc.) as well as challenging mini-games (Breakout, Endless Fight etc.) for the Platinum.

Time to Platinum

A couple folks on the JP Trophy Wiki who have it already claim it's in the ~40 hour range. I'll corroborate that estimate as I get closer to it (currently at ~12 hours myself).

Good Game?

Hell yeah. Totally recommended for fans of the anime.

Nice! I wanna order it!

Here are a couple options...

$80.90 @ NCSX

Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsuisou - PS3

$84.90 @ Play-Asia

Buy Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsuisou (PS3) - Play-Asia.com

got a couple of questions i own an xbox360 and i know namco bandai doesnt make games just for sony so 1 why didnt they make this for both xbox360 and ps3?2 will this game ever see the light of day on xbox360 even if just in japan? i buy japanese video games for xbox360 so that wouldnt matter to me and maybe for ps3 if shin megami tensei persona 5 lands on ps3 only which i hope it makes it to xbox360 and ps3

got a couple of questions i own an xbox360 and i know namco bandai doesnt make games just for sony so 1 why didnt they make this for both xbox360 and ps3?2 will this game ever see the light of day on xbox360 even if just in japan? i buy japanese video games for xbox360 so that wouldnt matter to me and maybe for ps3 if shin megami tensei persona 5 lands on ps3 only which i hope it makes it to xbox360 and ps3

No it won't be on Xbox 360. Kadokawa are more for Sony and Nintendo than Microsoft. Plus they figure the game will sell better on PS3 and PSP than Xbox 360 in Japan since chances are pretty slim to like almost no chance of it coming to America and Europe where Xbox 360 is more popular. Not as much of a market for Xbox 360 in Japan since most of them would prefer to play it on PS3 and/or PSP.

Also there is 1 feature that the game has that can only be done on Playstation which is to be able to play it on your PSP from your PS3 saved data. (though not sure if you need the PSP version as well to do this since I haven't done it yet).

So it is multi-platform, but only for Sony systems.

Also , some developers don't want to deal with the 360 , due to the piracy issues on their older SKU models , + the faulty 55% RRoD issues on older SKU models .

its too bad we xbox360 get left out on great games because game companies favors one system more than the other multiplatform releases really hurts no one because i assure you there will be more than a few people that would buy this on xbox360 also thats why it sucks when no multiplatform releases happen for games not made by the system owner sony nintendo etc. because people who own other consoles have to go out of their way to buy another console for certain games

Edited by iamdemon7

its too bad we xbox360 get left out on great games because game companies favors one system more than the other multiplatform releases really hurts no one because i assure you there will be more than a few people that would buy this on xbox360 also thats why it sucks when no multiplatform releases happen for games not made by the system owner sony nintendo etc. because people who own other consoles have to go out of their way to buy another console for certain games

Well think of it this way, Xbox 360 has plenty of visual novel games that will never be on PS3. So when it comes down to it, developers have their own prespective on what system they want their games on which leads to having great exclusives on 1 system, but then another system will have it's own great exclusives.

Like PS3 has quite a few JRPGs, but Xbox 360 only has a few(which are sometimes a port made a year after being on PS3).

Dude, J-360 has MANY, MANY MORE VISUAL NOVEL EXCLUSIVES than J-PS3 does, not to mention stuff like Idol Master, Mushihime-sama Futari and other shmups, etc. Granted, J-PS3 has the edge in terms of RPGs, but it's not like the J-360 import scene is dead in the water, there's tons of great games available to you.

But, I digress. :p Now at 78% Trophies in Haruhi and I just discovered that a minimum of 2 Playthroughs are required for the Platinum, it's impossible to get all CGs/Endings in a single run. Kinda miffed about that, but at least since I read through the whole story, I can use Text Skip w/ a clear conscience now. :)

i can agree that xbox360 has its fair share of visual book novels but ps3 is starting to get some of the games 360 only had example clannad and thats 1 example for visual book novels another game mamoru-kun so they arent just staying on 360 not that i care i like watching the games released muti consoles so everyone can enjoy them not just stay on 1 console so only the people who own that console can enjoy them my reason for being unhappy with namco bandai is im a fan of the the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya anime and would like to play the game but only owning a 360 i cant do that can i now? other than paying a good decent bit of money for a ps3 for 1 game it doesnt come down to which system has more games in whatever category you want to go by it goes by the games should be released on both consoles and knowing namco bandai doesnt make games for sony alone its upsetting to see them favor 1 console rather than release this game on both systems which i hope they will open their eyes and put it on 360 also you people wont complain of course not its on your ps3 so it not being on 360 or the wii doesnt affect you just the people who own 360 or the wii

i can agree that xbox360 has its fair share of visual book novels but ps3 is starting to get some of the games 360 only had example clannad and thats 1 example for visual book novels another game mamoru-kun so they arent just staying on 360 not that i care i like watching the games released muti consoles so everyone can enjoy them not just stay on 1 console so only the people who own that console can enjoy them my reason for being unhappy with namco bandai is im a fan of the the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya anime and would like to play the game but only owning a 360 i cant do that can i now? other than paying a good decent bit of money for a ps3 for 1 game it doesnt come down to which system has more games in whatever category you want to go by it goes by the games should be released on both consoles and knowing namco bandai doesnt make games for sony alone its upsetting to see them favor 1 console rather than release this game on both systems which i hope they will open their eyes and put it on 360 also you people wont complain of course not its on your ps3 so it not being on 360 or the wii doesnt affect you just the people who own 360 or the wii

Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony are businesses. They're doing this to make money, and part of making money is exclusives. Games that are only on one system, which will in turn entice people to buy that system. I understand your frustration, but it's always been like this in the past and it will continue to be like this in the future. If it bothers you so much, invest in a PS3, just like I would invest in a 360 if I couldn't sleep at night due to missing out on Idol Master, Mushihime-sama Futari, etc. If you can't afford a second system, then learn to be satisfied with what you have on the 360.

Just got the Haruhi (P). Took me ~30 hours or so, but I made a couple mistakes here and there and actually took two and a half playthroughs instead of the minimum two I mentioned yesterday. Great game, I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Actually, it's not a difficult platinum at all....

while not as straight forward as Clannad or L@ve Once....

the one slightly more challenging trophy was to cross stage 20 in the mini game.....

Actually, it's not a difficult platinum at all....

while not as straight forward as Clannad or L@ve Once....

the one slightly more challenging trophy was to cross stage 20 in the mini game.....

Never said it was difficult, only that an intermediate level of Japanese knowledge is recommended to those who are considering importing. ;) Personally I'd rate it 3/10, but for someone who couldn't follow the kouryaku site, it might be closer to a 6/10 or 7/10, don't you agree?

Endless Fight was so fun, I loved that mini-game. :p

on my last note its a thing to remember that games were made to be played for fun thats why i believe all games except the ones made by the system companies microsoft sony nintendo should be released on all 3 major consoles instead of one because one game company favors a certain system or because of deals made by a certain company sony microsoft etc that way everyone can enjoy the games i understand attracting customers to that system by means of exclusives is the reason but rarely will you see customers make that jump when they already own one of the major consoles so hopefully it will come to a point when games will get released on all 3 major consoles because then there wont be be unhappy customers hearing a game they were really looking forward to didnt land on the system they own then the customer doesnt have to be unhappy they didnt get a chance to play a game they really wanted to because of these situations

Never said it was difficult, only that an intermediate level of Japanese knowledge is recommended to those who are considering importing. ;) Personally I'd rate it 3/10, but for someone who couldn't follow the kouryaku site, it might be closer to a 6/10 or 7/10, don't you agree?

Endless Fight was so fun, I loved that mini-game. :p

Agreed, if one couldn't follow kouryaku sites, then they won't know what to do hence will take things the complicated way....

Just got this game yesterday together with Clannad..

I have played this for 2 hours and I really think that "dimension bookmark" feature is an interesting one :D

It reminds me to Back to the Future movie lol

Now, I need to finish this ASAP so I can focus to Clannad, and later Meruru :D

• 2 weeks later...
Just got the Haruhi (P). Took me ~30 hours or so, but I made a couple mistakes here and there and actually took two and a half playthroughs instead of the minimum two I mentioned yesterday. Great game, I thoroughly enjoyed it!

I bet that you missed some of stamps.

Am I right? :D

Overall, it was nice game.

But not for my heart since the BGM for bad ending and Asakura scenes was a little creepy :wall:

Especially this stupid CG

CG:46 悪夢のデジャブ

Almost got the heart attack when I was playing the route for it :wall:

Fortunately, the walkthrough gave me some time to get heart preparation so the shock was not big :p

Although, in the end, it turned out to be much different from what I thought :rofl:

Edited by celestial

Oh, my bad then.

I just couldn't imagine other leftovers beside Stamps trophy :p

Actually, now that I'm home from work and double checked, it was a Phase 4 CG...

45 絞殺未遂? フェーズ4 E2。E2ルートのエンディングを見てから再びE2 1日目 18:00~のイベントを見て「なにもしない」を選択。電力の事を教えようとして雷が鳴るイベント。

That was the one I missed because I didn't think that "go to the end of a route, then do it a second time - choosing the same options - for a new CG" would be a requirement, and I must have skimmed over it when reading through the kouryaku site. When コンプリート (G) didn't unlock at the end of my 2nd playthrough, I was like "what the hell could I have missed?" and it was that one silly CG, haha. :p

• 1 month later...