Is this game worth the money?

not at $9.99

If it was $4.99, sure.

I think its worse than wheel of fortune.

The loading times are a killer.

The game has no online, so the replay value is extremely low.

Once you get near 100% you know the prices of everything and it becomes a chore to play.

I guess i'll just hold off on this game....i thought, hmmmm the price is right....show was killer...maybe the game might be fun....i'll wait for the price to drop to like 4.99 or something....

Yeah, this is not that good of a game. You're basically paying $9.99 for a bunch of product advertisements. I would have been okay paying $4.99.

There's a lot of very lazy development in this game. They just ripped footage from the real show and put it into the game instead of developing original showcases and assets for products. All the real footage is apparently from 2006/2007 since all the "new cars" are 2007 models. The sound levels between the game commentator and the announcer on the real show (doing the products and showcases) are not even and they speak at different speeds, so it sounds weird when they switch back and forth.

Also, this game doesn't really work for single or multiplayer, because the format of the show is not made for that. Even with multiplayer, only one person is really doing anything at one time... everyone else is just sitting around holding their controllers. They probably could have done a much better job on the gamepaly to make it less boring. I loved the show as a kid, but it just doesn't work in a video game format.

• 1 month later...

It's okay. It does seem like it was somewhat lazy that every game that cannot be played for a car is played for cash and not some bedroom set or something.

That and I discovered an error in how one of the games are played. In Spelling Bee, the rules are in the real game that if you guess one of the prices of the items exactly right, you gain ALL of the prizes and ALL of the card choices, regardless of the previous guesses or how many you have left. It doesn't do that in the game, as I guessed the first item exactly right, and it still forced me to guess the remaining two items. Not sure why they did things like that.

That and you have to WIN a game to get it to unlock in the quick play thing. Playing the game does nothing. This is a chore for games like 3 Strikes, where part of the game is pure luck (you have to first get the number to be able to do anything with it, and one number and a strike left is perfect for the game to become a douchebag about things). They shoud've made it so just playing the game unlocks the quick play version of it.

The way they did the Showcase Showdown is weird, too. They seemed to always have you be the last person to spin, no matter WHAT you do before then, so you HAVE to beat a 70 score instead of setting the bar for the other contestants, and I've seen no way to change this. Again, this is pure luck instead of playing strategy. Plus, if you were to be the FIRST person to spin, you could set the score at a lower score than normal, and make the second person who spun and beat your score with a 50 have to think about the last person (since they could spin a 55 and be able to move on). Having you always being the last spinner takes that aspect away from the process, which can be a killer.

Oh, and as in the Wii editions of the game, you only get Rich Fields doing the announcing AND the hosting. No Drew Carey in there, which would've been REAL nice to have, since he's part of what MAKES TPIR what it is (though you can argue that Bob Barker made TPIR what it's become). Rich is an okay announcer, but he's not as good of a host.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Honestly, no. Family Feud is waaaay better, despite the fact that besides the actual game show, everything's the same. None of these game show games have much diversity in their questions/products, but TPIR will get old after about 4 games.

Family Feud is crap. You have to think and answer like a dumbass to get anything right. I swear they did all of those surveys in the backwoods of Kansas or something.:mad:

Wheel of Fortune is great, the best PSN gameshow IMO.

The Price is Right is also fun, but only single player, they totally screwed up the multiplayer aspect of it. If you're a big The Price is Right fan, it's worth the $9.99 just to play Plinko:D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...