Which luck trophy is making you mad?

which luck trophy is a makeing you made  

18 members have voted

1. 1. which luck trophy is a makeing you made

• 2009 3 strikes
    • 1998 plinko
    • 1983 plinko
    • land on 1 buck 2 times

for me its the 2009 3 strikes at last count im on my 578th game of doing it. i hate luck trophys they have no place in games it should be about skill not how lucky you are:mad:

None of them do (make me mad!) but your spelling do! (just kidding!)

I think the Plinko ones are a pain, as you have to replay 39 mini-games, or almost to get back to plinko!

so I say that the Plinko ones are not only based on luck but double luck!

as you have to get to the mini-game & than get lucky when you drop them!

the 3 strikes can be played directly from the archives (so it is faster to get to the mini-game)

and finally Spin is like Plinko based on luck!

BTW to play 3 strikes it is imperative that you don't make any mistake placing the number where they belong (so make sure you know the value of each cars). To tell you the truth it took me approx 30 mins to get 3 strikes!

And I'm still working on Plinko & Spin!

Good Luck!

None of them do (make me mad!) but your spelling do! (just kidding!)

I think the Plinko ones are a pain, as you have to replay 39 mini-games, or almost to get back to plinko!

so I say that the Plinko ones are not only based on luck but double luck!

as you have to get to the mini-game & than get lucky when you drop them!

the 3 strikes can be played directly from the archives (so it is faster to get to the mini-game)

and finally Spin is like Plinko based on luck!

BTW to play 3 strikes it is imperative that you don't make any mistake placing the number where they belong (so make sure you know the value of each cars). To tell you the truth it took me approx 30 mins to get 3 strikes!

And I'm still working on Plinko & Spin!

Good Luck!

well sorry about the spelling but my labtop loves to spell check on all my stuff for some f up reason and i know thr prices for the 2009 3 strikes but i allways get the X 1st

I really don't mind that the trophies are based on luck and that you have to be really lucky to get them... that's what some of the games on The Price is Right is about.

What I DO mind, however, is that we can't choose an episode to play online. This was a MASSIVE oversight on the developers' part, especially because they chose to include trophies and achievements based on shows that you must obtain online. Nothing is worse than FINALLY getting to that episode that you need and then missing out on the trophy, only having to play for 3+ hours to get back to the episode you want. It's quite discouraging, actually.

I know it probably won't do squat, but I think I'm going to email the developers and ask for a feature like this. It'd be nice not to spend a plethora of hours just to get to an episode you need, only to fail in the end.

I really don't mind that the trophies are based on luck and that you have to be really lucky to get them... that's what some of the games on The Price is Right is about.

What I DO mind, however, is that we can't choose an episode to play online. This was a MASSIVE oversight on the developers' part, especially because they chose to include trophies and achievements based on shows that you must obtain online. Nothing is worse than FINALLY getting to that episode that you need and then missing out on the trophy, only having to play for 3+ hours to get back to the episode you want. It's quite discouraging, actually.

I know it probably won't do squat, but I think I'm going to email the developers and ask for a feature like this. It'd be nice not to spend a plethora of hours just to get to an episode you need, only to fail in the end.

i email them all ready and im still have heard from them

You probably won't hear from them but sure it will be nice to receive a reply!

as you write Hoagie324, I also don't mind luck in game but I mind replaying 3 hours (or more) to see if I will be lucky! :think:

Also I think that this thread is one of the best for this game so far, as there is no mention of price(s) but only our common like & dislike of the game. :applause:

Good Luck!

Gotta be the plinko's, they're all i need for plat and after a combined 20 hours trying, i've only hit the 5k/10k slot with 2 chips on 3 or 4 occasions. Strikes wasn't too bad and the 2x100 on the wheel I found pretty simple with the advice off 360a. Agree you should be able to choose your pricing game in multiplayer, there should be a skip option too, especially local.

I might have found a way to speed things up for Plinko,

just play 2 players & start an online game with one of your buddy or boosting partner, if the mini-game is not Plinko, abort the game & start a new one, until you reach Plinko,

BTW if you drop the Plinko between the " N " & the " K " exactly where the " K " cross you might be able to fall in the $10000 spot but I will suggest that if you play 2 players not to drop you Plinko beside each other they might interfere with each other, so 1 player does it, than next turn (next time you hit the mini-game) player 2 does it...

Good Luck!

The one that was stressing me was "Homerun." Somehow, the gaming gods smiled on me this afternoon, since I found out that my PS3 no longer reads any discs. Everything else is fine. Before work tonite, I decided to try. Keep in mind, I have all the car prices. Somehow, my eyes were fixated on the Prism price. Turns out, I got it with that car! I decided the pain is too much, so whenever I picked, I kept my head down. I get to within 1 digit. I decide too look down. I hear silence, a slight cheer, look up. I did it! I jumped around like a little kid! Relief!

The one that was stressing me was "Homerun." Somehow, the gaming gods smiled on me this afternoon, since I found out that my PS3 no longer reads any discs. Everything else is fine. Before work tonite, I decided to try. Keep in mind, I have all the car prices. Somehow, my eyes were fixated on the Prism price. Turns out, I got it with that car! I decided the pain is too much, so whenever I picked, I kept my head down. I get to within 1 digit. I decide too look down. I hear silence, a slight cheer, look up. I did it! I jumped around like a little kid! Relief!

lucky sob on the homerun im up too 600 something and the gods are stilling acting like brock fans to me if i dont have it by time may 20th i give up

Three Strikes is theoretically a huge pain, but it really doesn't take that long. Each try takes all of 2 minutes (at most), and you can try again immediately after each attempt. For me, getting this trophy took about 16 minutes from when I started working on it. I can't imagine it taking anybody more than maybe 20-30 attempts, or an hour at the most (provided that they have the car prices in front of them, which I did).

On the other hand, the Plinko trophies are much more of a pain. It takes about 15-30 minutes between each ATTEMPT just in trying to get TPIR to spawn the Plinko game. If you notice any curtains other than the 80's/90's (depending on which Plinko trophy you're working on), you just abort. Even so, it only comes up about every 12-15 games. Then it takes 4 minutes to play through the Plinko run. Assuming that the game is truly using a randomized Poisson process to determine the direction of the Plinko chip drops, then the probably of getting 3 (or more) of 5 in the middle slot is only 2.66%. So, theoretically, EACH Plinko trophy should take approximately 10-12 straight hours of attempts (with a cooperative partner online).

I will say that the best spot to drop the chip is right from the middle - thinking that other spots provide better "luck" is the same mentality that causes people to think it matters which case they choose in Deal or No Deal.

Edited by MrMinderbinder

I might have found a way to speed things up for Plinko,

just play 2 players & start an online game with one of your buddy or boosting partner, if the mini-game is not Plinko, abort the game & start a new one, until you reach Plinko,

BTW if you drop the Plinko between the " N " & the " K " exactly where the " K " cross you might be able to fall in the $10000 spot but I will suggest that if you play 2 players not to drop you Plinko beside each other they might interfere with each other, so 1 player does it, than next turn (next time you hit the mini-game) player 2 does it...

Good Luck!

also if at the start of the Online Show doesnt say .. "let's party" .. "an hour of laughs" start over, cause all the 90s shows start with that, and your trying to get 1998 for Plinko. Also works if your going for the Local Plinko one it will say .. "televisions fastest hour" .. "prizes galore"

Edited by TterrajSiwel
add comment

also if at the start of the Online Show doesnt say .. "let's party" .. "an hour of laughs" start over, cause all the 90s shows start with that, and your trying to get 1998 for Plinko. Also works if your going for the Local Plinko one it will say .. "televisions fastest hour" .. "prizes galore"

You can tell which decade it is by the curtains in the background.

70's - Wide, nearly solid brown

80's - Thin drapes with bright Froot Loop colors (red, yellow, green, blue)

90's - Thin droopy drapes with dark colors (red, green, blue)

00's - Wide droopy drapes with muted colors (yellow, blue, beige, brown)

Three Strikes is theoretically a huge pain, but it really doesn't take that long. Each try takes all of 2 minutes (at most), and you can try again immediately after each attempt. For me, getting this trophy took about 16 minutes from when I started working on it. I can't imagine it taking anybody more than maybe 20-30 attempts, or an hour at the most (provided that they have the car prices in front of them, which I did).

On the other hand, the Plinko trophies are much more of a pain. It takes about 15-30 minutes between each ATTEMPT just in trying to get TPIR to spawn the Plinko game. If you notice any curtains other than the 80's/90's (depending on which Plinko trophy you're working on), you just abort. Even so, it only comes up about every 12-15 games. Then it takes 4 minutes to play through the Plinko run. Assuming that the game is truly using a randomized Poisson process to determine the direction of the Plinko chip drops, then the probably of getting 3 (or more) of 5 in the middle slot is only 10.1%. So, theoretically, EACH Plinko trophy should take approximately 5-7 straight hours of attempts (with a cooperative partner online).

I will say that the best spot to drop the chip is right from the middle - thinking that other spots provide better "luck" is the same mentality that causes people to think it matters which case they choose in Deal or No Deal.

i am on my 800th 2009 3 strikes so dont give the bs it only takes 30 trys

i am on my 800th 2009 3 strikes so dont give the bs it only takes 30 trys

First, I don't believe you click-counted to 800. 50, maybe. For any random event, there certainly will be outliers.

Second, wait until you are on your 800th try for Plinko and tell me that 3 Strikes was the hard one. There are already websites devoted to ranting about the ridiculousness of these trophies. And there's TWO of them.

It's simple math. Even if 3 Strikes does take you 800 tries, the tries are between 1 and 2 minutes long. Each try at Plinko takes 15-30 minutes, and the Drop It Like It's Hot requires a patient partner. 3 Strikes is single player. So even if you are somehow truly on your 800+ try, it's still cake compared to the Plinko trophies.

Did some quick probability analysis of 3 Strikes. Assuming you make no mistakes in pricing the cars:

Probability that you succeed on in one try on 3 Strikes: 1/56 = 1.79%

(5/8)*(4/7)*(3/6)*(2/5)*(1/4) = (120/6720) = 1/56 = Probability of five digits & no strikes

Probability that you succeed in ten tries or less: 14.97%

Probability that you succeed in 30 tries or less: 40.70%

Probability that you succeed in 50 tries or less: 58.64%

Probability that you succeed in 100 tries or less: 83.20%

Probability that you fail 800 or more times in succession: 0.00005592%

So, who's bull-sh*tting who here? Math says you're bull-sh*tting us.

Edited by MrMinderbinder

Did some quick probability analysis of 3 Strikes. Assuming you make no mistakes in pricing the cars:

Probability that you succeed on in one try on 3 Strikes: 1/56 = 1.79%

(5/8)*(4/7)*(3/6)*(2/5)*(1/4) = (120/6720) = 1/56 = Probability of five digits & no strikes

Probability that you succeed in ten tries or less: 14.97%

Probability that you succeed in 30 tries or less: 40.70%

Probability that you succeed in 50 tries or less: 58.64%

Probability that you succeed in 100 tries or less: 83.20%

Probability that you fail 800 or more times in succession: 0.00005592%

So, who's bull-sh*tting who here? Math says you're bull-sh*tting us.

You can do your fancy math all you want but I was the very first person to get this trophie and it took me well over 500 tries so your probabilities are irrelevant. You don't know what kind of retarded formula they used in this game but with the correct odds I should have had it hours earlier then I did. I was down to only one number so often just to pull X every time it wasn't even funny. So what Im saying is don't be in a hurry to call bullshit on this guy just cause you got lucky and got yours quick.

"Well over" 500? Either you counted or you didn't. Even if it was many, many tmes, people can subconsciously under or over-estimate the truth based on their aggravation level at the time of achievement.

While there may be a more complicated formula, standard industry practice in a game like this is to use the Playstation's built-in random number generator software, which would support my math.

You got the trophy first, but you got it only 27 hours after you got your first TPIR trophy. Basically, you're claiming you tried 3 Strikes "well over 500 times" in 27 hours. This is including all of the other trophies you got in the first 27 hours, including playing all episodes. This is also ignoring the hours you certainly slept in that 27 hour period. So, you're claiming you played 3 Strikes 20 times per hour for 27 straight hours.

Even at a more realistic 12 straight hours of attempts at 3 strikes, you still couldn't have made more than 250 attempts. So forgive me if I take as skeptical a stance towards your ability to count as I did to the other poster, based upon my "fancy math".

"Well over" 500? Either you counted or you didn't. Even if it was many, many tmes, people can subconsciously under or over-estimate the truth based on their aggravation level at the time of achievement.

While there may be a more complicated formula, standard industry practice in a game like this is to use the Playstation's built-in random number generator software, which would support my math.

You got the trophy first, but you got it only 27 hours after you got your first TPIR trophy. Basically, you're claiming you tried 3 Strikes "well over 500 times" in 27 hours. This is including all of the other trophies you got in the first 27 hours, including playing all episodes. This is also ignoring the hours you certainly slept in that 27 hour period. So, you're claiming you played 3 Strikes 20 times per hour for 27 straight hours.

Even at a more realistic 12 straight hours of attempts at 3 strikes, you still couldn't have made more than 250 attempts. So forgive me if I take as skeptical a stance towards your ability to count as I did to the other poster, based upon my "fancy math".

Where did you get 20 times per hour from genius, you do realize sometimes you fail on your first pull or the second which can have you play 2-3 games per minute. Nobody gets to 4 on the regular. You can restart this game lightning fast and the only real time waste is the 10 seconds it takes to put chips in the bucket. It was more like 80-100 games per hour and it took me roughly 7 hours over 2 days.

So yea you don't know what their formula is so leave your shitty math aside and stop talking like everybody is lying and you have all the facts.

Edited by TheNukes

Question for you Nukes, how did you get the online plinko trophy? What I mean is private or public game, and did the other player have 1 chip or 5? I've been mainly doing private v 5 chips n I've only had a shot with the last chip a few times, each time fail obviously.

so leave your shitty math aside

Nothing screams "This guy knows what he's talking about" like somebody who openly eschews math and reason. There is no "my math" - there is only correct math and incorrect math.

Here's a little more shitty math for you - more than four times as many people have the 3 Strikes Trophy as have either of the Plinko Trophies.

Nothing screams "This guy knows what he's talking about" like somebody who openly eschews math and reason. There is no "my math" - there is only correct math and incorrect math.

Here's a little more shitty math for you - more than four times as many people have the 3 Strikes Trophy as have either of the Plinko Trophies.

You know why that is? Because there is only a hand full of people who are dedicated enough to attempt the Plinko trophies considering how long it can take to drop them once. Furthermore the few who are can't find a partner to boost with them which can be backed up by the 2 of 20+ posts in the boosting thread looking for a partner. 3 Strikes is easily accessible to everyone and is much faster to continuously retry which is why more people achieved this one.

What is the real problem here? Lets take away my 500+ games for a second which is so wildly unbelievable to you (I saw your post on 2mins per game and I don't know what you were doing but you were doing something wrong) and leave my claim of 7 hours dedicated to this. Is that bs also? Does that change things? What he and I were trying to tell you is that it can take some people many hours or hundreds of games to get these and giving me math formulas doesn't change that fact.

Work this out for me will ya I have a friend who got his online Plinko trophie on his second try! So I guess your claim off 800 tries in Plinko must be bs by your own logic? By the way did you keep count on those? Don't forget your own quote "even if it was many, many times, people can subconsciously under or over-estimate the truth based on their aggravation level at the time of achievement" and from that post seems like you are pretty aggravated with it.

Edited by TheNukes