Rate the trophy difficulty  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.79

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

Now that I got the platinum I will go ahead and rate this one a 7.

Most of the trophies in this game are not difficult. If a full price list is ever compiled it would make it more simple but while there isn't one you can always replay and write down the prices yourself so just time consuming really.

This game is lengthy, 4 decades covering 39 games will take awhile to complete, some will inevitably have to be replayed to win all showcases and for other random trophies. With 40 more games to be played across local and online MP where you can't skip any dialogue or item descriptions.

The platinum and my rating really comes down to just 3 trophies, "No strikes" "Lucky Chips" and "Drop it like its hot". These require lots of luck, there are bound to be people who get them like nothing while others might struggle for days or weeks and just give up.

The two latter are the worst of the bunch simply because not only are the odds of hitting 3 of 5 chips required in Plinko horrible they also don't let you choose the game. You will spend 90% of the time trying to land on that 1 of 39 games which makes the odds that much worse.

Edited by TheNukes

Being 1 trophie short of Platinum I will go ahead and rate this one a 7.

Most of the trophies in this game are not difficult. If a full price list is ever compiled it would make it more simple but while there isn't one you can always replay and write down the prices yourself so just time consuming really.

This game is lengthy, 4 decades covering 39 games will take awhile to complete, some will inevitably have to be replayed to win all showcases and for other random trophies. With 40 more games to be played across local and online MP where you can't skip any dialogue or item descriptions.

The platinum and my rating really comes down to just 3 trophies, "No strikes" "Lucky Chips" and "Drop it like its hot". These require lots of luck, there are bound to be people who get them like nothing while others might struggle for days or weeks and just give up.

The two latter are the worst of the bunch simply because not only are the odds of hitting 3 of 5 chips required in Plinko horrible they also don't let you choose the game. You will spend 90% of the time trying to land on that 1 of 39 games which makes the odds that much worse.

I agree 100% with you bro!! However i voted it a strong 8 due to those 3 trophies... mainly the 2 plinko ones... It's always a "so close, yet so far away" situation.

Voted 7 due to these crazy luck based Plinko trophies, u can't choose the Plinko game so when u start u have a 1 in 4 chance to get the right decade then a 1 in 4 chance to get Plinko then after all that u have to rely on luck once more so that 3 out of your 5 chips land in the middle slot :eek: This will really test your patience to grind out this platinum

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, scored.

This game is not a 10 in difficulty, but I felt it was a 9-10 in frustration. The luck required will cause you to seriously consider new religions. Including devil worship, if you're not already there. Don't go into this game lightly.

And let's not forget, you need a boosting partner who will not abandon you when they get theirs (50-50 shot with any partner on who gets it first).

• 2 weeks later...

This is a tough platinum to rate. Going by, long not difficult really. Even then it could be a way shorter platinum for some than others. I can't say it took me forever to get the Plinko trophies, but they didn't happen on my first few tries either. Probably close to 30 actual Plinko tries. 30 tries in 3 Strikes too for the no strikes trophies. Took around 30 hours total for me to platinum. There is nothing challenging about it in the end.

Even if you didn't use a guide you would eventually get repeating products. I found myself knowing the prices without needing a guide or anything. It's really weird to rate tho. I could put it as low as a 3-4 in difficulty, but in frustration level it was easily a 8-9. Impossible to platinum without organizing people to play with. This is my 60th platinum, and easily the toughest to rate. In total effort gave considering everything I can't go any less than a 7 as a whole. Nobody should go into this expecting a fast easy platinum.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We're one year in (yes, an entire year), and the game still has only 18 platinum achievers world-wide. Technically, there may be a few more, but most trophy hunters who have the patience for this game are signed up for at least one of the major trophy card sites.

Given this number of achievers, I feel confident in classifying this game as no less than a 9. True, it isn't skill-difficult. Still, a game that has frustrated and turned away so many would-be platinum owners deserves to be classified as one of the Top Tier Platinums. To all considering this game - it will destroy you.

• 7 months later...

I still get a sick feeling, just hearing the menu music now.

My head starts to hurt as well.

I actually still have 2 PSN friends that Platted this, and will help me, but I don't know if I want to deal with the frustration again, here in December 2013.

I tried 'Lucky Chips' a couple of times this year with 2 controllers, but STILL couldn't get 3 chips to drop in the middle. I'm sure it will now take into 2014 to dare I say, Plat this!!

I'm at the point where I'm starting to lose my love for the real-life game, thanks to this.

• 4 months later...

Ok. It is May of 2014, & I still need the 2 Plinko trophies.

The people that made the list should have tested the win rate for them. I'm sure they would not include them.

I think an 8.75 would be fair, considering the amount of answers on this site.

To be only 2 away for a show I grew up loving is unfair as hell.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...