No new trophies for The Pinball Arcade DLC (answer inside)

spoonman

So, I was wondering why we haven't seen the new trophies for pack #16 and the answer was posted by Farsight on their Facebook page today:

We have hit the limit of trophies we are allowed for our game on psn, starting with pack 16.

Is this true?

I could have sworn I've seen games with over 100 trophies.

I kind of wish I didn't buy the entire Season Two Pass when the last 8 tables won't have any trophies. I always saw the trophies as an added value and a reason not to buy the game + DLC on a different platform where bugs are addressed and where tables are released 3-4 months earlier than PSN.

Yeah I was in that thread on Pinball Arcade Fans. Kind of a bummer, but I'll still play the tables, I'm pretty much addicted to them.

Surprised there's a limit, I'm sure it's from the points rather than the # of trophies. TPA is at 2400 points... no other game has that many points I'm aware of.

But as usual, a game I really like and am good at has to have something screwy with trophies. PAIN kept updating the game and making existing trophies easier, BZB added trophies but never released the content, and now TPA hits the trophy limit. :facepalm:

Edited by Vyrastas

Yeah I was in that thread on Pinball Arcade Fans. Kind of a bummer, but I'll still play the tables, I'm pretty much addicted to them.

Surprised there's a limit, I'm sure it's from the points rather than the # of trophies. TPA is at 2400 points... no other game has that many points I'm aware of.

But as usual, a game I really like and am good at has to have something screwy with trophies. PAIN kept updating the game and making existing trophies easier, BZB added trophies but never released the content, and now TPA hits the trophy limit. :facepalm:

Yeah I enjoy them as well, but if they plan on releasing Season 3 tables without trophies I'm not going to buy them on dual platforms.

I currently buy them for both the Kindle Fire HD (because they look amazing and work great in portrait mode) and I buy them on the PS3 for easy access on a big screen and for the trophies.

So I guess worse case scenario I save $30. :p

There are games with more trophies though. Uncharted 3 has over 100. This doesn't make any sense.

The limit is based on trophy points, not number of trophies.

TPA has 96 trophies, but 2400 points... that's the highest of any PSN game.

Uncharted 3 has 105 trophies but only 2190 points.

Clearly there are different limits between a platinum and non-platinum game, since there are a couple platinum games with more points than 2400:

PS3 & PS Vita Games - PSNProfiles.com

Clearly there are different limits between a platinum and non-platinum game, since there are a couple platinum games with more points than 2400:

Thanks for the explanation on that.

It would be nice if Sony could make an exception here.

The limit shouldn't apply to games like this where tons of DLC is expected. They have quite a few more tables planned for the PS3 version of TPA and not getting any new trophies from here on out is kind of a bummer.

Not to mention, Uncharted 3 is a disc based game while TPA is a digital only game. I've heard disc based games get more trophy points than digital games.

TPA and ZP2 are also in a unique situation, since both heavily rely on DLC. It's possible that there is a trophy limit when comes to DLC add-ons.

Edited by shogun00

I think it will be a mistake for Farsight to release another 20 tables (Season 3 Pass) without resolving a way to add trophies.

I really only buy the PS3 version for the trophies and easy access to a large screen. I've been double dipping on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" tablet version + this, but if they cut off trophies I'll just stick with the Kindle version and use an HDMI cable to display on my HDTV.

That I did not know, thanks for the heads up.

If i'm not mistake Spelunker HD (a PSN game) has 2580 points, so i don't think that the points has a limit

Since Uncharted 3 its "retail" and has over 100, maybe the PSN cann't overpass the 100 mark?, but thinking right..., the company could created a 3-trophy list like the previous DLC and leave it with 99...

So my only guess is that the games can only put trophies in 15 differents DLC packs?, its the only thing that can have logic (or sense)

Would be nice to know how the trophy system works, compared to the achievements, Sony is a big mistery

If i'm not mistake Spelunker HD (a PSN game) has 2580 points, so i don't think that the points has a limit

I mentioned that in my earlier post here... Spelunker HD has a plat, TPA does not.

Edited by Vyrastas

Why the hell they have not simply took 2 of the new dlcs, put them togheter n labelled them as The Pinball arcade 2 ??????? so "new" game n new trophy list n all new tables would have been released for this "second chapter"...

Sound so simple...

All this is ridicolous, why there s a trophy limit, what s the reason ? technical ? "moral" ? i can t see any...

• 2 weeks later...

They probably haven't bothered to contact Sony about fixing this situation.

If you guys remember correctly we had to fight to get Farsight to even add ANY trophies to the table DLC.

I personally spoke to several Farsight employees about the benefits of them and they eventually went back and added them.

They are probably thinking of this as one less thing they have to program....unfortunately it's going to cost them some sales of people that care about having trophies as it was an incentive for some.

At the very, very least they should have added 3 final trophies the this last table pack, which was just a single table, Terminator 2. It would have seemed appropriate in a couple different levels.

Anyway, I'm sure this is something Sony could fix in a snap, but it's doubtful it will happen.

I doubt Farsight really cares about trophies or achievements, given the lack of effort they put into them (recycled images, same trophies every time). While it would be nice to have more trophies, I'm okay with it now since at least we know the trophy list is complete. Besides, I enjoy pinball so much that I'll keep playing it and buying the tables.

Personally, I'd rather Farsight spend time and effort patching the DLC, fixing all the bugs on both platforms and the bad graphics/textures on the Vita version.

They probably haven't bothered to contact Sony about fixing this situation.

If you guys remember correctly we had to fight to get Farsight to even add ANY trophies to the table DLC.

Anyway, I'm sure this is something Sony could fix in a snap, but it's doubtful it will happen.

Question: have any trophy hunters tried approaching Sony directly about this? Seems like it might force Farsight's hand if Sony got in touch and said, "Hey, good news -- we just doubled your trophy score limit!"

• 2 months later...

I find it funny ppl are passing on tables simply cause there are no trophies lol.....some of you are gamers right :confused:

I mean its rather funny someone with a sig "video game obsession" keeps going on about either passing on tables(some great ones at that) or saying its a mistake by farsight for not adding trophies with upcoming tables......I'll fill you in, the vast majority of gamers get these tables not for the trophies but you know....to play the tables :whistle:

No wonder this place gets made fun of, kinda sad when trophies have become more important thn the games and gameplay(......) themselves. This place is rather kinda sad

I find it funny ppl are passing on tables simply cause there are no trophies lol.....some of you are gamers right :confused:

I mean its rather funny someone with a sig "video game obsession" keeps going on about either passing on tables(some great ones at that) or saying its a mistake by farsight for not adding trophies with upcoming tables......I'll fill you in, the vast majority of gamers get these tables not for the trophies but you know....to play the tables :whistle:

No wonder this place gets made fun of, kinda sad when trophies have become more important thn the games and gameplay(......) themselves. This place is rather kinda sad

For a game like this, I agree. First off, anybody who buys this game for trophies is some level of sadistic because it's a very difficult and time consuming completion that involves some level of skill combined with luck. Second, I doubt that many people have completed all of the original trophies as it is. Third, the game is only at 66 trophies on the PS4, plenty of other games have more, so they should be able to add more now. Personally, I'm more interested in building as big of a pinball machine collection as Farsight sees fit to release, trophies or not. Keep 'em coming!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

this makes me sad. also those disparaging trophy hunters should look again at what forum they are posting on. there are lots of games that i want to play, however i prioritize the ones that have trophies. they are not the only reason i play games but im not ashamed to say that trophies do affect my purchases. ive bought season 1 and 2 but wont be buying season 3. unless they figure something out.

• 2 months later...

To the mod who closed my thread. You should sticky this thread so everyone sees it. Last reply in here was 22 days ago and wasn't at the top of the TPA forum.

Edit: I just received an email from Pinball Arcade support, and it seems like there will be more trophies being released, just not right away. Here's their reply, word for word.

"Hi there! :)

Since we have a limited amount of Trophies we can release, we're examining our options for Trophies. Right now it looks like we'll release a batch of trophies for Season 2 and Season 3 once they're entirely released on PS4."

Edited by kawasakizx636

• 3 months later...

Well, as I've said in other threads, the limit is on the amount of DLC packs that can have trophies, which is 15. As for proof regarding this, Ciel no Surge had another list made to hold the trophies for DLC packs past the 15th since the original list already got to 15 packs.

• 2 months later...