General Trophy Discussion

olsen77

• 1 month later...
Farsight confirmed there will be 2 bronze and 1 silver per table:

" Each table will have two silver trophies and a bronze. You’ll be able to earn them all twice – once on the PS3 version and once on Vita."

The Pinball Arcade Hits PS3 and PS Vita on April 10th – PlayStation Blog

Very much looking forward to this!

Also in those responses to the comments, the developer mentioned that a glitch has been fixed on the Tales of Arabian Nights table that made one of the standard table goals (one of the trophies now) almost impossible to get on that same table when it was in the earlier Hall of Fame Collection.

Today, there's another blog post with more details and a trailer now:

The Pinball Arcade Scores on PS3 and PS Vita Today – PlayStation Blog

Also in those responses to the comments, the developer mentioned that a glitch has been fixed on the Tales of Arabian Nights table that made one of the standard table goals (one of the trophies now) almost impossible to get on that same table when it was in the earlier Hall of Fame Collection.

Today, there's another blog post with more details and a trailer now:

The Pinball Arcade Scores on PS3 and PS Vita Today – PlayStation Blog

What glitch are you referring to? I have all the standard and wizard goals on the Williams Collection. I have beaten that table (didn't know it was possible) and found it was one of the easiest in the Collection.

Also, bought Pinball Arcade earlier. I just popped "Tales High 5" which is a Bronze. "Achieve a top 5 local high score on Tales of the Arabian Nights"

Going by the percentage numbers (and the usual "rule of 20" for a downloadable game - they get about 20 or 21 'points' of trophies to play with, with a Bronze being 1 point, a Silver being 2 and a Gold being 6), it looks like each of the four tables will have the following three trophies:

[Table Name] High 5: Get on the Top 5 scoreboard for the table [bronze]

[Table Name] Master: Complete all the Basic goals for the table [silver]

[Table Name] ??????: Complete all the Wizard goals for the table [silver]

I haven't completed any of the Wizard goals yet (with my skills, I was surprised I was able to even complete any of the Basic ones!), so I don't know what the description of the trophy for the Wizard completion will be. Probably [Table Name] Wizard.

Given how "Harem Pinball" is a Basic goal again in Tales of The Arabian Nights, and how each new table will add another three trophies to the group, it'll be hard to stay ahead of this one and 100% it because you'll need to keep completing the Wizard goals for each new table.

Oh, and the PS3 and Vita versions are separate - with the same trophies to earn in each but they'll count as different Bronzes and Silvers each time you do it on each version.

What glitch are you referring to? I have all the standard and wizard goals on the Williams Collection. I have beaten that table (didn't know it was possible) and found it was one of the easiest in the Collection.

At least on the 360 version, the "normal" method of getting Harem Multiball (for the Basic goal) was pretty much impossible because the ramp would never relight to let you get all five letters.

It could still be done by three Harem Sneak-ins, but even in this version where you COULD get a regular Harem Multiball, it really should be a Wizard goal instead of a Standard one! :)

At least on the 360 version, the "normal" method of getting Harem Multiball (for the Basic goal) was pretty much impossible because the ramp would never relight to let you get all five letters.

It could still be done by three Harem Sneak-ins, but even in this version where you COULD get a regular Harem Multiball, it really should be a Wizard goal instead of a Standard one! :)

Yeah, sorry I didn't catch the whole "360" part of that. I have the ps3 version.

I like the fact that it will be hard to keep a 100%. Adaptation to tables is how we grow as pinball players!

Yeah, sorry I didn't catch the whole "360" part of that. I have the ps3 version.

I like the fact that it will be hard to keep a 100%. Adaptation to tables is how we grow as pinball players!

Indeed. And a little "artificial challenge" goes a long way, too - if it wasn't for the fact that there was a goal connected to Harem Multiball, I wouldn't care less if I never activated it. Now I'm contractually obligated to learn the ins and outs of each table - which also improves my skill both on that table and overall.

I'm also curious about the "Challenges" that are supposed to appear once more tables are available for download. Not sure if it'll be like the disk collection (where you need to complete a series of tables in succession and reach a target score to move on) or something different. Either way, more ways to play never hurts! :)

Indeed. And a little "artificial challenge" goes a long way, too - if it wasn't for the fact that there was a goal connected to Harem Multiball, I wouldn't care less if I never activated it. Now I'm contractually obligated to learn the ins and outs of each table - which also improves my skill both on that table and overall.

I'm also curious about the "Challenges" that are supposed to appear once more tables are available for download. Not sure if it'll be like the disk collection (where you need to complete a series of tables in succession and reach a target score to move on) or something different. Either way, more ways to play never hurts! :)

I have to admit, the Harem Multiball takes skill regardless of platform.

Also, the "tournaments" once more tables have been released intrigues me. It says prizes; I am all about any prizes playing pinball.

is this game good like marvel pinball ?

As for a comparison to Marvel Pinball, it is more realistic. The machines are actual pinball machines in real life. Whether it is better or worse... well, I think it is better just because I own, and have played extensively, the Williams Collection, and am therefore more familiar with the gameplay (and hopefully upcoming tables).

Getting Harem Multiball in the EU PS3 version was no problem. Love the game after a night's play.. Graphics are stunning and imo this plays like real pinball! Only thing that needs work is the online part, which is non-existent yet. It will be added as more tables become available apparently.

My Ripley's table is buggy. Every time I have to enter initials, the big box on the bottom of the screen never goes away, the score never registers, and I can't get the trophy for Top 5. Also, hitting X does not make the box go away, it actually starts a new game that I cannot back out of nor can I get to a menu. I have to lose that game without a high score, and then my score registers and I can back out to the main menu.

It is also not registering my challenges completing either.

All the other tables are working fine except for Ripleys. I haven't tried to sync the trophies, but I hope that fix that soon too.

My Ripley's table is buggy. Every time I have to enter initials, the big box on the bottom of the screen never goes away, the score never registers, and I can't get the trophy for Top 5. Also, hitting X does not make the box go away, it actually starts a new game that I cannot back out of nor can I get to a menu. I have to lose that game without a high score, and then my score registers and I can back out to the main menu.

It is also not registering my challenges completing either.

All the other tables are working fine except for Ripleys. I haven't tried to sync the trophies, but I hope that fix that soon too.

Have you tried quitting out/restarting the game? I played a bunch Ripley's last night, trying to complete all the challenges. Got all the normal ones except the first one (get a skillshot) and realized I was getting skillshots it just wasn't registering for the challenge. The table ended up glitching up where when I tried to play another round the camera stuck to the menu view with the menu disappearing. I ended up quitting out of the game and starting it back up. Completing the challenge registered correctly after that.

Also noticed a glitch while playing Blackhole. The ball (or whole game, i guess) seemed to randomly freeze for a split second a few times while playing that table.

Overall, the game rocks though. Most likely will keep buying more tables as they come.

Did anyone notice a difference in how the "Tales of the Arabian Nights" table played compared to the Hall of Fame Pinball version? For some reason I really struggled to get into the top 5 last night though I don't have any problem scoring 10+ million on the disc version. It just felt different and I'm wondering if it could be a flipper lag issue.

Anyone else having a problem syncing the trophies on the PS3 version? it shows them in the trophy list, but its not counting towards my total trophies, every time I go in to look at my trophy list or compare trophies it tries to sync the trophies, but they won't.

I've got the exact same problem and so does a friend of mine. About an hour ago, I emailed Farsight Studios. Hopefully they patch this issue real quick.

Have you tried quitting out/restarting the game? I played a bunch Ripley's last night, trying to complete all the challenges. Got all the normal ones except the first one (get a skillshot) and realized I was getting skillshots it just wasn't registering for the challenge. The table ended up glitching up where when I tried to play another round the camera stuck to the menu view with the menu disappearing. I ended up quitting out of the game and starting it back up. Completing the challenge registered correctly after that.

Also noticed a glitch while playing Blackhole. The ball (or whole game, i guess) seemed to randomly freeze for a split second a few times while playing that table.

Overall, the game rocks though. Most likely will keep buying more tables as they come.

Yeah I quit and restarted both the game and the PS3 as a whole. I may try deleting and reinstalling the game tonight. Overall I still like it and will support any effort that might lead to a digital version of Twilight Zone. :-)

To the others: Yes, I have also noticed a difference between the two versions of Arabian Nights. Could it be a difference in camera angles/perspective making it easier on one table as compared to the other? Not sure, could be flipper lag as well.

Did anyone notice a difference in how the "Tales of the Arabian Nights" table played compared to the Hall of Fame Pinball version? For some reason I really struggled to get into the top 5 last night though I don't have any problem scoring 10+ million on the disc version. It just felt different and I'm wondering if it could be a flipper lag issue.

I find it much more difficult than the Williams collection version. I've scored a hundred million+ on that table. On the Pinball Arcade version, my best was 7 and a half million.

I felt the flippers lagged and that the ball seemed to roll slower.

Happened to me last night as well. Before that I did manage to register a high score and get the trophy though...

Last night it was buggy again, but almost on purpose. I "lost" a ball on the table. Lost a ball... on a digital table(WTF). It kept counting down from 20, but would never reset and allow me to continue. I tried to call the attendant, but the ball wasn't "stuck" so the call was cancelled. I had to use the PS button to quit the game and restart. My 39 mil score didn't save.

I'm also not getting credit for making the skill shot basic challenge, but I have all the others. This table is frustratingly buggy, but I like it still.

1st world problems. :)

Last night it was buggy again, but almost on purpose. I "lost" a ball on the table. Lost a ball... on a digital table(WTF). It kept counting down from 20, but would never reset and allow me to continue. I tried to call the attendant, but the ball wasn't "stuck" so the call was cancelled. I had to use the PS button to quit the game and restart. My 39 mil score didn't save.

I'm also not getting credit for making the skill shot basic challenge, but I have all the others. This table is frustratingly buggy, but I like it still.

1st world problems. :)

I had that countdown from 20 problem as well. The controller just kept shaking and the call attendant thing was cancelled as well. I exited out of the game, came back, and it was fine. Happened twice to me.