LittleBigPlanet 2: The Muppets Level Pack DLC - Road Map and Trophy Guide

6M9CbQ6.png

The servers have now closed, therefore the 100% is unobtainable if you didn't get the online trophy before that happened.

Overview:

+ Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 2/10

+ Trophy Breakdown: 5(B) - 1(S) - 1(G)

+ Online/Offline: 1 Online trophy for playing community levels. The rest can be done either online or offline - Unobtainable

+ Approximate Time To 100%: 1 hour+

+ Minimum Number Of Playthroughs Needed: 1

+ Missable Trophies: None

Step 1 - Play through the DLC Story:

Simple enough, just play through all the story levels, make sure to pick up the 2 extra level keys from the first 2 levels to unlock the mini games. They are on the main path though so should be hard to miss. You should get the (B)Dancing on the Ceiling fairly quickly and once you finish you'll be rewarded with the (B)Muppet Mastery Trophy.

Step 2 - Side Levels:

There are two mini games in the DLC, and each has a trophy attached to it. So play through each of them until you reach the required score and you'll be rewarded with the (B)Captain Pig-ard & (B)Big Top! trophies, see the guide for videos of both.

Step 3 - Aces/Miscellaneous

Now play through any levels again where you missed the ace first time round, once you've aced all 5 story levels you'll get the (G)Standing Ovation! Trophy. I put miscellaneous in this step as there is only one trophy in the DLC and it's easy enough to do while going for the ace in that level at the same time. So when playing the "Muppet Labs" level, go for the (S)Beakers We Can trophy if you still need it.

Step 4 - Community levels: - Unobtainable

Finally, all you should have left to do is play through 5 Attract-O-Gel community levels for the (B)Stick Together trophy. Once done you should be at 100% in the DLC, congrats!

Trophy Guide:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/533/59.jpg(G)Standing Ovation!

Ace all 5 Muppet Story levels

Hardest trophy from the dlc, although 4 out of 5 of the levels shouldn't cause you much trouble. The final boss can be a bit frustrating, but it will just come down to being patient and trying until you succeed. The most annoying part I found was the falling debris section at the end. I found I kept getting caught to the right, so don't get caught going further and further to one side or you'll just get trapped. Make sure you move in both directions, also it can help to keep an eye on the shadows for where you should be dodging. I'd also say take it as slow as you can on the teeth sections and always go as close to the center of each one as you can. Just be patient and you'll get there. The rest of the levels are fairly straightforward compared to the last one.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/533/60.jpg(S)Beakers We Can

Complete 'Muppet Labs!' using no more than 40 Beakers

This is the 3rd level of the DLC "Muppet Labs". You get a creatinator that fires clones of the muppet character "Beaker". You need to use him to move platforms and other things around the level. For the trophy you need to get to the end of the level using no more than 40 Beakers. You actually have a reasonable margin for error, especially if you realise you can jump onto the targets at certain sections instead of firing Beaker. You can even suicide on occasion by dropping on to a target to save a Beaker, but it isn't necessary. Like I said there is a reasonable margin for error here. See the video below to get a better idea of what to do.

Also, I first did this in online co-op. I fired the Beakers and my playing partner didn't. When we got to the end the trophy unlocked for him but not me, so it is potentially a little glitched. It was simple enough for me to get it though, I just played it again solo and it unlocked without issue.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/533/61.jpg(B)Captain Pig-ard

Achieve a score of 4000 or higher in 'Pigs In Elevators (In Space)!'

Get the Key in the first DLC level, in the first low gravity section it's above the 2nd checkpoint.

This is one of the two mini games in the DLC. You need to continually move down through the level while a lethal red barrier is constantly being lowered above you. This isn't too bad, I would say don't go for all the bubble, even skip whole sections at times if you are getting too close to the barrier. When you have more room try and get more, max out the multiplier etc. To give yourself a better idea of how to do it, see the video below.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/533/62.jpg(B)Big Top!

Achieve a score of 2500 or higher in 'Gonzo's Endless Cannon Run Ride!'

Get the key in the 2nd DLC level, at the end of a long swinging section, you need to jump to get it from the last swing.

This is the second of the two mini games in the DLC. In this one cannons & bouncy platforms, amongst other increasingly lethal things, will be moving right across the screen. You need to drop from the attract-o-gel ceiling when you can to get as many bubbles as possible. Again just play it reasonably safe when you need to and try to max out the multiplier when you can and you shouldn't have too much trouble, to get a better idea though, see the video below.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/533/63.jpg(B)Muppet Mastery

Complete The Muppet pack's story

There are a total of 7 levels in the DLC, 5 story levels and 2 mini games. This trophy is easy enough, you just need to finish the 5 story levels and you'll get it after the final boss.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/533/64.jpg(B)Stick Together

Play 5 community levels containing Attract-O-Gel

UNOBTAINABLE DUE TO SERVER CLOSURE

Simply play 5 community levels that have attract-o-gel in them. Easiest way to find levels is just to use the text search and enter "attract-o-gel". You'll find plenty of levels as well as a lot of instant finish ones if you just want to get your trophy as quickly as possible. The trophy will unlock when you play your fifth level.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/533/65.jpg(B)Dancing On The Ceiling

Travel 17.5 metres on the walls and ceilings

This is the main new create item in the DLC. It's a gel that can go on walls and ceilings that allows your sack person to defy gravity and walk along them. There are a lot of sections in the DLC with this so it's impossible to play through the whole thing and miss it, it will likely unlock in the first couple of levels that you play.

Edited by Terminator
Added server closure notices and fixed some broken links.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess if you don't hold down the :cross: button before landing on the teeth after being shot out of the cannon, you will automatically be incinerated. (It happened to me.)

But, yes, it was an annoying last boss to ace. I think I got lucky with the falling debris because there was one instance where it looked like I was a goner. Either way, $6 for a gold trophy is pretty much how I view this DLC. Money will spent? Yeesh. Damn 100%.

The difficulty of this is quite simply not 2/10. The last boss is the most infuriating level to ace and rewards you with the cheapest deaths I think I have ever seen.

Agreed. It took me about half an hour to ace it. The final boss of LBP2 looks like a piece of cake compared to this one.

2/10 seems about right to me. Took only 6 tries to ace (and 2 of those were stupid deaths on the flames at the start), which was only 2 more tries than the next most difficult trophy which was (S) Beakers. Every other level took one to three tries to ace (including first attempt at level).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2/10 seems about right to me. Took only 6 tries to ace (and 2 of those were stupid deaths on the flames at the start), which was only 2 more tries than the next most difficult trophy which was (S) Beakers. Every other level took one to three tries to ace (including first attempt at level).

Um, if it's a 2/10 then it shouldn't take more than one (if any) retries to ace.

So I disagree. The debris is bullshit in the final boss. Hard to tell where it's coming and they sometimes fall in unavoidable ways if you chose to go the wrong way to avoid the one falling at you. Plus the teeth sometimes fall through for no reason.

I'd give it a 4/10 personally.

2/10 (or a 1/5), implies there's pretty much no frustration. That's not hte case to me.

• 2 weeks later...
There's a pin for "chain together all the teeth in the final curtain". What does that mean? I'm guessing it means to bounce on all of the teeth in one go after shooting out of the cannon, but I haven't tried it yet.

OK, I confirmed it last night, the pin for "Dr. Teeth" unlocks when you bounce on all 6 teeth, one after the other, without touching anything else, after being shot out of the cannon.

• 2 months later...

I enjoyed this DLC pack. It wasn't really that difficult, but Beakers We Can gave me fits.

I actually didn't find the last boss all that difficult. I aced it on my second play, and the only reason I didn't on my first was because I got hit by the last pieces of falling debris at the end of the fight.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I know it's not a trophy, but does anyone know of a video guide (or even text for that matter) showing/telling how to get all prize bubbles for this dlc? Really want the "You Animal!" pin.

All I could find was a single video, covering one level...

Well, after watching the video and replaying the level a few times, I only need the 12 from the 2x player area, for Pigs in Space. Never expected THAT many to be there... Anyone spare 5mins to help me get them?

Edited by UrsusPrime

• 1 month later...
I find the Final Curtain annoying to ace. There is so many parts to it that are easy to mess up not mention the final section with the falling pieces.

The hardest (not to mention most annoying part) for me was the part with Gonzo's cannons and you have to bounce on the teeth. Played the level over 20 times and this was the part that always killed me :rant: