Lost Archive 100% difficulty

erdvilla

Difficulty to get the 10 trophies for "The Lost Archive" DLC  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Difficulty to get the 10 trophies for "The Lost Archive" DLC

Since this DLC doesn't affect the Platinum at all, not making it easier or harder, I think it is accurate to post your opinions on how hard this DLC was to 100% for everyone.

In my personal opinion it was a 7/10 due to Chapter 4 trophy, the first sections where pretty easy but the pit of death can be tricky until you find the right tempo to drop down.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I thought the Impress Warren Vidic trophy was one of the hardest I've attempted on my PS3.

For that reason, I gave it a rating of 8.

Maybe I'm a bit shit? :confused: Maybe I just died so many times because I can't see how far away the goddam lasers are from me because I have no body. :mad:

Crossing the River Styx only took a couple of tries, but thank god for that glitch that allows you to get to the corridor and skip all the lasers along the way. :p If it weren't for that, I feel that trophy would have taken a lot longer as well. :whistle:

Either way, it's all done and dusted. And I'm glad to see the back of Impress Warren Vidic tbh. :dance:

Because of the Warren Vidic trophy, I voted a 10. Im ashamed to admit how many tries it took for me to complete that level.

I too give it a 10/10 for difficulty too. There is no shame in that, blstan49.

How can you others say, "it took me 2 hours, but I give it a 4"? Judging by several Youtube videos, the level from start to finish with a flawless run is 6 minutes. So after a minimum of ten tries, you still only rate it a four? You have a 10% success rate and yet give it a 4/10 for difficulty?

This is the only trophy holding me back from 100% completion on all AC games, (save AC4, which I may never play, especially if they throw crap like this Lost Archive into it). Crossing Styx might be a 4 for most players; I would rate it a 6, because it took me at least 6 attempts to cross it. But Vidic - no way this is a 4. If Ubisoft had placed a garbage trophy like this in the main game, players would have revolted. It is so out of character for the series, very difficult, and NO FUN WHATSOEVER.

EDIT: Thank you, GOD! Finally got it! I'm revising my vote to 8/10; of the eight times I tried this morning, the final attempt was successful. Waiting in the bottom of the pit, I slowly counted to ten and finally the trophy popped! In retrospect, the overall task appeared daunting and I was constantly frustrated by cheap deaths (yellow lazers and wind shifts are pure evil). However, slowing it down and taking it apart mentally section-by-section while reviewing two video walkthroughs, it became doable. One video by Zackske on the final pit of swirling death section was particularly helpful.

Also of a weird note, but on your initial descent in the pit, it seems the black Pacmen are better coordinated for dual drops. If you die even once, though, their synchronization seems to be thrown off, and it becomes harder to time the drops through as the coordinated gaps through their "mouths" become smaller, requiring more extreme maneuvering.

The trophy guide author says, "No video will help, imo." It was foolish of me to listen to him. Of course the videos helped!

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 4 weeks later...

I went with an 8. Besides "Impress Warren Vidic" & "Cross Styx without dying" this isn't too bad. Impress Warren Vidic was the hardest of the two, but after practice and watching a walkthrough I was able to get through. It took many tries over a 2 day period.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Voted 6/10. Would be a 2/10 if it weren't for "Impress Warren Vidic". I was lucky enough to get it on my 5th or 6th try... I never had any trophy with the final fall in that level, but I had major trouble with the stupid wall of yellow lasers -- it's just so random whether or not you get hit by one as you go through.

• 4 months later...

I voted 4, nothing too difficult with the exception of the impress Warren Vidic trophy which one you learn the movements of the traps becomes very easy. I see people complaining about the pit of death at the end but I found that to be the easiest piece, it was the yellow lasers that were a real pain in the arse for me.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

voted a 7/10 Just finished doing all the dlc trophies on the ps4 version as it is required for the platinum. The impress warren vidic and cross styx river without failing easily the hardest trophies of the ezio collection. impress warren vidic took me close to 5hrs to do and styx river around an hour such stupid trophies should not be put in any AC games ever again.

faisal999555.png

http://psntl.com/cards/faisal999555.png

6/10, obviously because of the Impress Warren Vidic trophy.

I just used a video guide for tips and paths. Took me about a dozen tries. I found the difficulty isn't in twitch gameplay or logic, yet variability in 3D placement of the blocks. The final decent wasn't the hard part for me, as that's a fixed experience with a set path once you know it, yet the yellow laser beam parts preceding it were the hard part, as they require not only good timing, yet successful placement to block the killer lasers, which seemed off at times.

• 2 weeks later...

If I could I would give this thing an 11 because a 10 rating while being the highest still signifies for me that the 100% is possible. Unfortunally thanks to the two flawless run trophies this thing is impossible for me. Granted it's a very subjetive evaluation as I cannot for the life of me make sense of first person perspective gaming, so anybody who doesn't have issues with this at all would still have lots of difficulties but it wouldn't be impossible. Still, the moron who thought that it would be a good idea to implement a fp perspective in a sp perspective game deserves to be fired. :mad:

• 10 months later...

voted a 7. Just did it for the PS4 Plat. The flawless memory 4 run is obviously the most difficult trophy. However, it wasn't a rage trophy for me. every time I died I knew it was my fault. Honesty, it probably took around 20 tries to get it. The heart was racing at the last big tunnel drop! The most annoying part of the level is the 2 yellow laser rooms. An overall enjoyable DLC, and part of the main trophy list for the PS4 Ezio Collection. Kind good that there were a couple of challenging Assassins Creed trophies!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...