ACREV_LostArchive_hero_en.jpg 

by TwiztidDGM

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 6/10
  • Offline trophies: 10 (7 (B), 3 (S))
  • Online trophies: 0
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 3-5 hours
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
  • Number of missable trophies: 0 (chapter select)
  • Glitched trophies: 0
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: No difficulty options
  • Do trophies stack?: N/A
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: N/A

Introduction

Welcome to the third and final Assassin's Creed: Revelations DLC installment, cryptically entitled "The Lost Archive". This story arc deals with some of the gaps concerning Subject 16's past, as well as additional background information about the always lovely Lucy Stillman. This DLC does NOT add anything to Ezio's gameplay experience per se, however downloading it does unlock the "Vlad The Impaler" pre-order bonus mission if that was something that you missed out on.

This installment strictly features the "Portal/Tetris" gameplay that so many gamers either love or absolutely hate, but from a difficulty standpoint it's all quite reasonable.

Walkthrough

Step 1: Play through all 7 Memories

First time through just load it up and get through all 7 Memories. This will net you Part of the Creed, Jump they say, Enter the Animus, Meet Your Maker, The Loop and almost assuredly Save yourself as well. There is no reason that you can't get all of the decipher fragments as well in the first playthrough, but you can clean them up in chapter select if you'd rather just focus on the platforming.

Step 2: Locate all 20 decipher fragments

These are the glowing floating cube things that serve as the main collectable in the game (other than the letters, which have no trophy value from what I can tell). These aren't God of War feather chests just sitting around out in the open - they're hidden out of sight unless you're purposely looking for them.

Finding the 20th decipher fragment unlocks Find all Pieces as well as a screen message saying "LOCATE THE BACKDOOR" that opens up the way for the ending and the credits (and the Breaking the Loop trophy).

Step 3: Locate The Backdoor

At the very end of Memory 5 you can see another doorway over to the left of the one that you're supposed to go into. After getting all 20 decipher fragments and restarting Memory 5, you'll notice a new cut-scene when you load it up. It's a golden magical bridge leading to the previously inaccessible doorway. You have to replay the whole Memory and then take this new pathway at the very end. You will finally see the game's credits and unlock Breaking the Loop.

Step 4: Flawless Runs

This just leaves Impress Warren Vidic and Cross Styx without dying. Using DNA Memory select, you can load up Memories 4 and 7 as many times as need be until you ace the required parts without dying. See those trophies for more information.

Edited by Viper
Estimated difficulty bump.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trophy Guide

61.jpg  Part of the Creed (B)

Take the induction leap of faith

This is story-related and cannot be missed. This trophy will unlock at the end of Memory 2.

62.jpg  Jump they say (B)

Reach the Animus memo

This is story-related and cannot be missed. This trophy will unlock midway through Memory 3.

63.jpg  Enter the Animus (B)

Enter the Animus simulation

This is story-related and cannot be missed. This trophy will unlock at the end of Memory 4.

64.jpg  Meet your maker (B)

Finish memory five

This is story-related and cannot be missed. This trophy will unlock at the end of Memory 5.

65.jpg  The Loop (S)(H)

Experience the loop

This is story-related and cannot be missed. This trophy will unlock at the end of Memory 7, after you are thrust back into Memory 1. See Breaking the Loop(S).

66.jpg  Find all Pieces (S)

Find all of the decipher fragments

There are 20 decipher fragments spread out throughout 6 Memories (Memory 5 does not have any). They look like glowing, floating cubes... kinda like the ones in Star Wars: Force Unleashed, and make a kind of "shimmering" noise when you are near them. Here is a great video by DisturbedCreations02 showing their locations:

Also thanks to FurryFreak for pointing out that "you can hear a kind of 'shimmering' sound (for want of a better word) that indicates it is close".

67.jpg  Breaking the Loop (S)(H)

Break the loop, escape the cycle

When you clear the game for the first time, you will automatically unlock the Loop ending (and unlock the trophy related to it). The game will reset you back at Memory 1. To get out of this "Loop" you must collect all 20 decipher fragments (by using DNA Memory select). Once you nab the 20th, a message pops up on the screen saying "LOCATE THE BACKDOOR".

Once you've received this, you need to restart Memory 5. You'll notice a new cut-scene during the intro showing a new bridge waiting for you at the very end of the level. Play through the whole level again, and when you get to the end take the new bridge which leads left off to a previously inaccessible doorway. This will "break the loop" and lead to the end credits.

If you are diligent in your first playthrough, you can get all 20 data fragments before finishing the game. You will still get the Loop ending, but can then immediately load up Memory 5 and get this trophy.

68.jpg  Save yourself (B)

Land on a block after falling more than 25 meters

Given that there are numerous sections in the game where you are required to fall and then catch yourself, this one is virtually unmissable. There will be long vertical tunnels that you'll have to both descend and ascend, so it's not even worth worrying about.

Edited by Viper

69.jpg  Impress Warren Vidic (B)

Complete the Animus testing sequence without falling

Basically, complete the hardest section of Memory 4 without dying. It is quite obvious when you enter the Animus, and any deaths incurred prior to you entering said Animus DO NOT matter.

Your goal in the Animus is to reach the button that will raise the big black cube up, thereby revealing a hole in the ground. Once you get down there you'll eventually make your way to a huge - and extremely dangerous - descending tunnel. You must make it alive to the bottom of this tunnel to get the trophy, which will pop immediately if you succeed.

Obvious tips would be to first know your route. The puzzles are all very simple in nature, so that won't be a problem at all. Then just practice the different parts of that Memory. None of the parts are overly hard by themselves, but putting it all together in one run can be frustrating. If you die at any point after entering the Animus you must quit out and restart Memory.

70.jpg  Cross Styx without dying (B)

Make it across the river Styx without falling

This one takes place in Memory 7. This is much easier than the previous Animus challenge, and is much shorter, too.

It begins when you reach the noticeable boat at the dock. In front of you will be numerous particle columns that you have to use your special jump pad to navigate across. All you have to do is make it across these columns to cross the "River Styx". The jump pads will send you flying around, but you can easily control your momentum here.

Never skip a column, because you won't make it. Take your time and go slowly, column to column. Ignore the decipher fragment to the right, assuming you haven't gotten it yet. It just adds numerous unnecessary jumps to the equation. If you die at any point before making it across (once you've gotten to the Death statue), you're going to have quit out and restart Memory.

There's a shortcut. When the Memory first loads, keep walking directly straight ahead until you reach the ledge. Right below you will be the Death statue that starts the River Styx sequence. Normally you would have to walk all the way around to the right and then go through all of the lasers to arrive in the red graffiti corridor where you then gain the ability to use the Jump Pad. Instead of all that, just stand all the way to the right on that aforementioned ledge, and look straight down. You'll see a glimpse of the red graffiti, as that's where that corridor is.

This is kinda tricky, but if you jump and press up and to the right, it is possible to land in that corridor. You have to throw a brick down to save yourself, and that can't be done until you're near the floating white particle field. It's definitely tricky, but it CAN be done. You can take this shortcut every time you fail and are forced to restart the chapter, and not have to deal with the whole laser portion repeatedly.

Here's a video by ObsidianDraconis, showing both the shortcut and a successful Styx crossing:

Edited by Viper
Removed signature and some redunant links.

Good job. You could mention in 'Find all Pieces' that whenever you are near a decipher fragment, you can hear a kind of 'shimmering' sound (for want of a better word) that indicates it is close.

Also I found this video helpful for finding my final fragment:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=315A10qNGBQ]Assassins Creed: Lost Archive - Find All Pieces Achievement Guide (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by FurryFreak

Your goal in the Animus is to reach the button that will raise the big black cube up, thereby revealing the descending tunnel.

I've done that alive twice, but the trophy didn't pop.

I'm the only with this problem?

First time I was replaying the memory through the start menu option.

Second time I started to quit the memory after every death and the restart it from the LA main menu.

EDIT: done.

But I had to reach the portal that will take away the ability to create blocks, not just the button that will raise the black cube.

Edited by Nathan Corso

Good job. You could mention in 'Find all Pieces' that whenever you are near a decipher fragment, you can hear a kind of 'shimmering' sound (for want of a better word) that indicates it is close.

I honestly never heard this, but then again in all fairness I never really listened for it or paid any attention. I've heard a couple of other people mention this though so I'm gonna throw it in 'cause I'm sure it's really there. Good catch.

EDIT: done.

But I had to reach the portal that will take away the ability to create blocks, not just the button that will raise the black cube.

You got me slightly confused on this one... but I'm glad you got it. I just fixed up the wording some on my end so that it's not as confusing though. The button that you mention reveals a hole in the ground, and after initially dropping down it and walking through a few rooms you will come across the descending tunnel with all the spinning and moving parts that you have to dodge. Putting feet on floor at the bottom of this tunnel is what pops the trophy. I'm guessing that once you hit the ground you immediately went through that next door - and that's when your trophy popped - making it look like that's what caused it. It's all good... like I said, I'm glad you got it!

Edited by TwiztidDGM

You got me slightly confused on this one... but I'm glad you got it. I just fixed up the wording some on my end so that it's not as confusing though. The button that you mention reveals a hole in the ground, and after initially dropping down it and walking through a few rooms you will come across the descending tunnel with all the spinning and moving parts that you have to dodge. Putting feet on floor at the bottom of this tunnel is what pops the trophy. I'm guessing that once you hit the ground you immediately went through that next door - and that's when your trophy popped - making it look like that's what caused it. It's all good... like I said, I'm glad you got it!

Ok, thanks for clarifying me about it ^_^

Initially I thought that the button was the trigger for the trophy ^_^'

However, I can confirm too for the shimmering sound hearable while near a fragment: it's the same with the desmond's memories.

I honestly never heard this, but then again in all fairness I never really listened for it or paid any attention. I've heard a couple of other people mention this though so I'm gonna throw it in 'cause I'm sure it's really there. Good catch.

Yea I never noticed it until this dlc. I didn't notice it when going for the multiplayer emblems. But it's kinda like a chime sound.

Has anyone else had any success using my "shortcut" method on Memory 7 (River Styx)? I know I can't be the only one this works for, but all the same it would be cool if at least one other person could confirm it as well. :smoke:

I can confirm it... and I already leave my thanks in the other thread ;)

After a dozen tries I ended to succeed using the shortcut 2 times out of 3 ^_^

Has anyone else had any success using my "shortcut" method on Memory 7 (River Styx)? I know I can't be the only one this works for, but all the same it would be cool if at least one other person could confirm it as well. :smoke:

after reading your post about this shortcut i decided to try it out and i also confirm that i used it and it works, although it takes practice to get it right :o

good job on the find :applause:

After around 10 tries on that chapter 7 shortcut, I ended up finally getting it. Then every time I used it, I was able to land safely.

Only trophy remaining - Impress Warren Vidic. Annoying one.

Thanks for the guide man. =)

Holy crap, Impress Warren Vidic is bloody terrifying. It's not impossibly difficult... just really, really chokable.

I agree, it's definitely the hardest trophy of the lot. It sucks to make it all the way to the end just to die going down that last stupid tunnel! But as in most everything else gaming-related... constant repetition breeds success!

Edited by TwiztidDGM

I agree, it's definitely the hardest trophy of the lot. It sucks to make it all the way to the end just to die going down that last stupid tunnel! But as in most everything else gaming-related... constant repetition breeds success!

I don't understand why developers even include trophies like this. Having to do something perfectly for 10 minutes and then have the hardest bit right at the end, so if you fail, you have to do everything all over again, that's just silly. Especially since the final drop seems to be all about luck: sometimes you make it, sometimes you don't, there's no real strategy or skill involved.

And I agree for the last drop, I failed 4/5 times on it before I passed it without dying for the trophy

What would be the best bet to pass this, I wonder?

Take it slow and try to create blocks between every level or try to drop as quickly and as far as you can in one go?

I got through the level (not without failing, so I will have to go back eventually) by taking it slow, but I have seen videos where people basically drop from the top to the middle bit in one jump and then to the bottom in one other jump. Which is pretty crazy.