Shortcut on Memory 7/Styx River

TwiztidDGM

When the Memory first loads keep walking directly straight ahead until you reach the ledge. Right below you will be the Death statue that starts the Styx River sequence. Normally you would have to walk all the way around to the right and then go through all of the lasers to arrive in the red graffitti corridor where you then gain the ability to use the Jump Pad. Instead of all that, just stand all the way to the right on that aforementioned ledge, and look straight down. You'll see a glimpse of the red graffiti 'cause that's where that corridor is. This is kinda tricky, but if you jump and press up and to the right, it is possible to land in that corridor. You have to throw a brick down to save yourself of course, and that can't be done until you touch the floating white particle field. Like I said it's definitely kinda tricky, but it CAN be done.

It took me at least 20 tries before I landed it the first time, but since the spawn point is right back on top of that ledge it's really quite painless to keep trying again & again. Now that I've had some practice I can land it about 1 out of every 5 tries. Point being if you're going for the Cross Styx without dying trophy, you can take this shortcut everytime you fail and are forced to restart the chapter, and not have to deal with the whole laser portion repeatedly.

Sorry I don't have a video to illustrate but I promise with a little practice it definitely works & saves quite a bit of time!

Edited by TwiztidDGM

Works wonders, thanks man.

Just be sure and aim for the particle field at the far end of the opening.

No doubt... glad to help out. I've noticed that even if you don't get your body into the particle field, you'll be alright as long as the brick that you spawn to catch yourself touches the field instead.

Thanks a lot for making that trophy A LOT less a pain! You should post this on the sister site, I saw a lot of people having trouble there and I didn't see someone mentioning that shortcut anywhere, they'd certainly appreciate it.

• 3 months later...

Finally took a shot at this trophy yesterday and I actually managed to stick that shortcut landing on my first try. After that, I think I managed to make the jump about once every three or four tries. Took me a couple of times to actually cross the river without failing... because the square jump pads have that annoying tendency to not catch you if you have too much forward momentum and even switching to the rectangular, regular blocks didn't always work properly.

• 3 weeks later...

Kudos for sharing the shortcut. Finally got around to picking up Revelations and decided to knock out the lost archive right away. The River of Styx was actually pretty painless with the shortcut. It took two or three tries to nail it, but once I was at the docks, it took one attempt at crossing by switching between the singular jump block and the rectangular blocks. Either way, this thread saved me a lot of time between the write-up and video.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...