Mirkwood glitch solution

Hi guys. I have found a fantastic solution to this glitch.

Heroic/Legendary characters can advance chapters on normal difficulty.

Myself, and two other friends have been playing this and got to our second playthrough on Heroic. It glitched for 1 of us not killing the part 1 Mirkwood boss, Wulfrun. Preventing her from passing chapter 5 part 2. Weirdly enough, it gave myself and my third friend the crash/freeze issue at chapter 5 part 5. This eventually currupted our saved games.

What I decided to do, I created a new character/save on normal and had them join my game with the bad saves. They could join my game no dramas. Having High level characters, sped the normal play to chapter 6 in a few hours.

Skipping side quests/secrets etc.

When we all got to chapter 6 on normal, we quit.

My friends discovered they were now on chapter 6 prologue on heroic difficulty.

I just prevented a 2nd play through (kinda). Saved our save files.

So my advice to you, before you enter Mirkwood. On your second return to Rivendell make a back up save. Or join someones game who is in a chapter before you. You don't have to be on the same difficulty. But obviously switch so you get the difficulty trophies.

Good luck guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Never mind. I found a solution where you DON'T have to find a partner online, and can use the existing save file.

What you need to do is - Load the game, it should automatically load the game you're in and put you in the character select screen. From here, RELOAD YOUR GAME, hit select and select the save file and load it again. This should repair the broken quest (which is probably your issue) and allow you to move on.

If you saved after the game prevents you from moving onwards (i never did, when i found it was broken i deleted the save and worked from the old save backed up on ps+, still glitched but i hadn't passed the spider yet) then i don't know if this will work.

Edited by spratters53