About Mirkwood glitch...

I thought I'd have to scrap this one after getting stuck in Mirkwood with no apparent workaround. But after joining a friend's game and playing through it together, I have apparently "unglitched" myself. My save now says Chapter 7 pt 1 as opposed to Chapter 5 pt 1. So quite possibly this works for other areas of the game as well. Good luck everyone on your journey to plat :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had the captive quest and Mirkwood on, both cleared but no followup quest triggered. What I did was use the teleport point to go back to Rivendell, notice that Bilbo didn't recognize I had finished Mirkwood (chronicler quest), teleported back to the final map on Mirkwood and the boss battle was there a second time. This time I also got to continue. No reloading saves or any of that sort.

Edited by ars
grammar

Oh I love this game, I also got stuck in Mirkwood.

I freed the captive and quit the game.

Next time I started playing the game it told me to free the captive again but he wasn't there anymore and the questlog also stated that he was already freed.

http://www.abload.de/img/dsc_0013rls08.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/dsc_00141wsrp.jpg

And now I'm stuck because that wall thingy wouldn't let me pass and my companions are like "oh noes, we have to free the elf from the orcs".

http://www.abload.de/img/dsc_0016jhsr6.jpg

Any tips on how to solve this problem?

I've just now encountered this glitch, and have tried reloading, quick travelling to Rivendell, and online with someone else's game, although I watched them run into the same glitch! This game is doing my head in.

Does anyone else have any suggestions? :confused:

I have just found the same glitch I am stuck after killing the big spider. I have also tried the above. I am out of ideas. So annoying. I don't want to start again :mad:

Edit: after getting past my stuck point online my save game does not load!!!

Edited by Ricardo_Eugenio
Update

• 2 weeks later...
F**king "Mirkwood glitch" ambushed my coop play! Unbelievable AND inexcusable for an old game like this, that still has such an shitty game breaking glitch! :confused:......... No need to rush about fixing this Snowblind Studios.......:mad:

From what I've heard they gave up on the game because if the poor sales. The glitch can be sorted with the coop fix though it works for me after glitching twice. Once solo and the second time playing online but I got lucky the third time

Yeah i suppose playing with someone online seems to be the only solution for this since i can't try this solo anymore. It just freezes at the loading screen after i launch game no matter what.....:confused:

That happened after i played online with strangers at first Mirkwood stage and before that i was at Chapter 5 part 2. Now i'm suddenly Chapter 5 part 4 even though no story progress occurred online ........:(

Just need to check online once in a while i guess, if someone would be at Mirkwood or at least near it.

• 3 weeks later...
I got this glitch how i bi passed it was to quit the game and load in as new character once i passed the spider boss all was fine.

Got that yesterday night and I did the same thing. Quit and reload again and everything went back to normal.

Easiest way to prevent it is to always create a new save when playing co op, and also make sure that when you first load up the game go in-game and immediately exit to the main menu and manually load up your save. It'll fix the bugging of missions that happens when the game first loads up your save. I did that on all my playthroughs and always made a backup save when prompted after choosing mp. Never once ran into the Mirkwood glitch that way, nor did I ever lose a quest in my log.

Got that yesterday night and I did the same thing. Quit and reload again and everything went back to normal.

At first I was confused but after seeing this thread it seems I encountered the same glitch. Thanks for this, I'll try to reload 'till it works and I'll see. I really enjoy the game so far so it would be a shame for me to stop there. :)

EDIT : Okay. Looks like I'm screwed up. I'll retry to replay the whole region area where the spider boss battle is and if it doesn't work then I'll give up with this game.

Edited by Alex Fly

I'm definitely screwed up. The quest apparently restarted to : "Find his house in the forest" and I am at the boss battle. The only solution I found was to count on the multiplayer part. Fortunately I found a multiplayer match in the 5-4 section but unfortunately I have been quicked very quickly because when I joined they were in a battle and I had first to assign my points to competences and such so I couldn't help them !

Well I have enough of this **** and I decided to stop here ! This game is way too glitchy for me ! I won't spend more time on this one, and especially when you have to play the whole game 3 times for the plat' ! :mad:

I went back to Gorin and every time I talk to him it's the same dialogue as when I first met him. I can't talk to Belaram at all either, in fact I can just run right through him; I think that may be the root of the problem here. Also I can continually fight the boss now - she just keeps respawning - but it doesn't help, I can't progress. Also tried using a different character, and sure enough it reset the quest in my log, but it still didn't help - it now says ''Find the home of Radagast'', instead of just having nothing in my quest log.

What a mess, avoid this game at all costs, even aside from these glitches, it's not a good game. Now am I to understand if playing with someone in coop doesn't fix this, then I have to start the game again on Heroic from level 1?

Edited by McGarnigle

Fuck this game. I wanted to help my friend by online coop now i'm also stuck at mirkwood.

And the save-data can only be copied within 24 hours.

Now i have to wait 24 hours and prey that his progress hasn't glitched my progress.

He didn't see the dragon-knight boss so his progress has been glitched at the end of mirkwood.

Edited by loveaya

• 1 year later...

glitch at Mirkwood happened to me also, if anyone has a save file for that section on Normal and is willing to help please message me.

edit: got past Mirkwood thanks to a random player, now I know the method to avoid any more glitches I should be fine.

Edited by plisken1979

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This happened to me when I died in Mirkwood on legendary difficulty. When the level reloaded, I had "Kill Wulfrun" as my quest goal even though I was more than halfway through the chapter. Reloading the game wouldn't help, reloading the save file wouldn't help, and other supposed fixed posted online wouldn't help.

My advice: DO NOT DIE in Mirkwood, no matter what. I was an idiot and got cocky, thinking I could take down three heavy orcs by myself while Eradan and Andriel were already down.

What's weird is that I died in Mirkwood a lot in my Normal run and nothing bad happened. I don't think I died in Mirkwood in my Heroic run because I was abusing the hell out of Explosive Bolt, so it didn't happen then.