Rate the trophy difficulty...  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_4.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.04

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to settle for a 4, three playthroughs is required but the game is pretty short if you rush through it.

Farin, the Dwarf, makes the game extremely easy. Hes such an overpowered character thanks to explosive shot, and the instant warcry resurrection. I pretty much plowed through the game after I switched to him from my Lore-master.

3-4 shotting the last boss with that skill is laughable.

I gave it a 5. Farin exploit aside, it can get a little challenging in a couple areas on Legendary difficulty.

One main difference on the harder difficulties is that if you get hit by a sapper (exploding orcs) one time it's instant death, which makes the seige on Nordinbad fairly challenging when they're bomb-rushing the door (pun intended).

• 3 weeks later...

I'd give it a 5 normally because it's pretty easy. The only ones that are giving me problems are the "bullseye" headshot trophy (Damn game has no kind of detection whatsoever) and the "Heroic" mode trophy. The game seems to have completely skipped Heroic mode after I completed Normal and it put me on Legendary. So here I sit with the trophies for Normal and Legendary and if I want the Trophy for Heroic I have to start from scratch and lose everything. Makes me not even want to play the game again because I'm not sure if there will be another glitch.

• 4 weeks later...

gave it a 5, took longer than it really should of done. not so much the 3 playthroughs. my opinion is this is a daunting task if playing solo. the AI of your companions can be very dim at times making the end of mount gundabad and the defence of nordinbad very difficult on legendary difficulty. i recommend doing it in co-op. finally got my 59th plat after 4 days of play.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got the plat yesterday. Not hard, gave it a 4. Legendary difficulty would be considered hard but Farin's Explosive shot makes it so easy and cooldown is really fast. I defeated Aganduar in less than a minutes without needing to heal at all. Strength of our Alliance can be a pain though. To get 2 other boosters and to press :triangle: at the exactly same time took its time.

Fun game, but could have been much much better

• 4 weeks later...

I gave it a 5. Explosive Bolt is as overpowered as they say, so nothing is really hard except a few Sapper sections that are really just annoying. I enjoyed the first 2 playthroughs and the trophies did a good job of getting you to try different characters and different things. That 3rd playthrough is annoying, but by that time I was so leveled I finished the entire playthrough in only 2 easy sittings.

• 4 weeks later...

The story itself really isn't that hard with the 1st playthrough actually being the hardest and the final one on legendary being ridiculously easy once you've fully leveled up.

I managed to get through it glitch free but had massive trouble getting Strength Of Our Alliance spending over 5 hours and not getting it. Turns out getting 2 other human players and surrounding an enemy with a countdown to attack isn't the best way. Instead I randomly joined a game to find one guy playing alone in a challenge and within 2 waves I had it even though the dwarf was an NPC.

Checked my stats afterwards and that was the first group kill my character had been credited for, I also checked the stats on a second controller my friend used when we played through and he had done 5 group kills. It just doesn't make sense. Overall 5/10.

• 2 weeks later...

4. Not a hard one, after getting used to the controls the 2 other playthroughs are easy and can be done as speed run ones. And if you use the glitch to get infinite money, it also helps, since you can buy immediately the best itens for you and your companions.

But, if you play only as the Dwarf, this game would be a 3, since it gets ridiculously easy with its explosive shot, very unbalanced.

• 1 month later...

Voted a 3. Granted, I did use Farin the Dwarf which broke the difficulty of the game, but killing the final boss in two hits was just crazy. It got easier the higher the difficulty as you levelled up.

They only tough bit was the seige of Nordinbad trying to stop the armoured trolls from charging to the door on the first playthrough.

All in all, I had a lot of fun with that game. I didn't experience any of the glitches mentioned.

I would rate it a 4 out of 10. Only actual part that was a bit tough was the part when the trolls are heading for the inner gate while defending the dwarf fortress. For some reason they would just sprint there and I could not hold aggro on them. Not a bad game either! Combat was a bit boring but besides that FUN!

I rated it a 3. I'm on my second playthrough and i'm not seeing a big difference from the heroic difficulty other than the sappers which are OP as hell.

I will concur with the above during the siege of nordinbad where the 2 trolls section was a pain in the butt cause even on normal i failed that part 15 times it seems before I finally got it from a game glitch where if you're far away from the trolls they don't see to attack the door for some reason and you can snipe them away with bows/crossbows. Just make sure you beat one before doing so.

I literally also got 80% trophy completion just playing the game my first runthrough and I wasn't trying at all to get them. Just randomly popped up so yea plat is easy.