If they shut off the servers then the online trophies should be given automatically!!

I didn't have the luxury of being able to play this game right away when it came out, and i am mortified that i will never be able to play this game due to its crap-tastic ability of shutting down its servers.

Why would you make a game with online trophies if you would someday shut the servers down.

I mean I will never play this game now because it is pointless to me to have an unfinished trophy list on my record.

Trust me. plenty of people have now decided to never play this game due to its inability of a plat.

I see the only option for Pandemic now is to automatically give all players of this game those unobtainable online trophies just for having the want/need to put this game into their ps3.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free trophies. That is not fair to those of us who earned them regaurdless of the reason. If anything they should make a patch to change the requirements of those online trophies so you could get them in an offline mode.

im down with the patch

but how possible is it that they will spend that time to do something like that on a dead game.

And after looking at the online trophies it doesnt look like they are hard at all get ten head shots, get ten kills, capture ten points, those don't sound like grind-fest trophies, those sound like maybe a couple of hours online.

now it would be possible to make those co-op but thats about as likely as the servers going back online

Definitely agree on the NO-free-online-trophies thing. Otherwise I would just wait to play all these games after the server had closed. Unplat'able games are annoying too - a tough circle to square. I don't really like the idea of awarding the plat w/o the online trophies either (unless the developer was incredibly unfair in how long he kept the server up). A coop LAN option would be nice if it was built into the game from the start (perhaps with a projected server shutdown date that would activate it) to avoid developers needing to patch a dead game. It's still pretty restricted as you'd need to know someone in your area with another PS3 and the same game. (or own 2 systems & 2 discs) Sony would have to mandate that the developers include this option, and I'm sure they won't. It's in the developer's interest to get people playing the game earlier so gamers pay more for the game and minimize the server costs; Sony would really have to fight to make it happen.

I hate boosting, but not as much as playing online, or as missing out on so many plats! I just now make a mental note to avoid older EA games as they are the worst offenders.

The only bad trophy to boost is "I will take it" - the Frodo trophy. You can't choose the Shire map and it comes up rarely. Only one side can be Frodo, and he's easy to kill if there are any non-boosters in the ring. I lucked out on my first Frodo attempt (after my boosting partner quit, no less, the Shire map just wouldn't come up for us) and was overjoyed.

no i dont agree with you..they should give trophies only if they dont announce servers closure.. they said like 1 month before, they will shut them down, so you had 1 month to get platinum..

if they dont announce servers closure (like fifa 09) they SHOULD give trophies free since we didnt have time to get it, and in fifa 09's case there's only one f##k'ed up trophy

ok if i had a PS3 and the game when it was announced that the servers were being shut down then i probably would have busted my ass getting it but what about everyone who didn't have the PS3 at its release date?

everyone who got their PS3 after the servers were shut down?

so now their just shit outta luck

i would have loved to play this game

but now i think EA can shove it up their ass

they are just going to loose out on alot of people to enjoy playing their hard work/bread and butter

EA= Entertainment Assholes

I am with the 'no free trophies' crowd. If they just handed them out to anyone then they would have no meaning at all. Like others here, I put in the effort and got the trophies. This is now one of the favorite platinums in my collection BECAUSE it is no longer attainable.

Yeah, it does suck that others cannot get it. It is unfair to those who bought the game and are now denied the online portion that they had paid for. However, it wasnt like they shut the servers down a week after release while the game was still hot. This one was soundly in the 'bargain bin' when it was shut down.

well, i am one of the ones fortunate enough to platinum this game, and i definitely disagree with giving out the trophies, however they should find a way to make these trophies earnable, maybe only run the servers on the weekends

Yeah even though the servers are off, you shouldn't just be given the trophies, they should be able to be earned through a LAN network would be the best solution.

I can see why those of you that have the trophies say no, but there should never be such a thing as an un-plattable game (other than those that don't have trophies). If they shut down the servers, they need to either patch the game so you don't have to get those trophies (you'd still get the plat but not those specific ones) or patch it to give you some other way to get it.

If I had the game when the announcement was made it wouldn't be a big deal because I would have gotten it. My problem is that they still sell this game, and it probably still says "online play" and "trophies" on the back of it, both of which are misleading at this point.

I got this platinum ages ago, sucks for people that didnt. Shame cause it was a decent game.

Same here. I bought the game on its release day (because I'm a huge LOTR junkie :D) and got the platinum not too long after. Granted I haven't really played much of it since then because I've moved on to other games, it was a bit of a shock when I heard they were closing the servers. Wasn't there a DLC out for this game not too long ago too?

Tis a great game! They shouldn't shut down servers but that's EA.. those nazis! I now use this site to see if a game has online or not and if it does I earn the online first like in Need For Speed Under Cover just incase they pull the plug on that.

I don't agree on free tophies but I do think a patch to change the trophies would be best suited.