Found easy way to do Archery Challenge

Hi guys,

So I found some sort of a glitch for an archery challenge.So first of all you need to do it not earlier than Rivendell level is complete,because during the rivendell you gain the ability to make flame arrows.So after that mission is complete go back to the Shire -> to the archery challenge.As soon as the challenge starts SWITCH THE normal arrows into flame arrows by pressing X.Than hold the R2 button and aim into the second barrel from the left(it will be right in front of you).The trick here is you have to find the moment when the target is hidden and aim at the actuall barrel not the target!Shoot that barrel couple times and it should give u a win. It usually takes couple tries to get used to.With this method I was able to beat all the archery in no time.I hope it will help somebody.If something is not clear please feel free to send me a message or post it over here.

• 2 weeks later...
Worked for me. Thanks a lot for the great find!

I'm wondering if this will work with the 2.00 patch. I hadn't installed it for my go of the game.

Works with the 2.0 patch too. Just did it :)

THX for the tip it was easy that way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Totally random when I were on my first playthrough I have already missed some of the pots and started doing the challenges late in the game with a hope that I will be able able to find the missign pots.Than i got so pissed that started just spamming arrows without aiming and than i found out that somehow i got it completed.so i got interested and tried to replay and figure out what did i do to get it.than i figured it out and as soon as i double checked everything during my second play throuh i posted it overhere.happy end =)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's an interesting glitch but this really isn't that hard to do legit. I just did all 3 challenges and the free (hardest) level within about 5-7 minutes. Here's what you need to know if you don't want to wait for the glitch:

1-Don't use the L1 aiming mode, it just slows you down.

2-The real points to aim at aren't actually the targets, they are offset for perspective. So the real aiming spots for the side targets is a little more towards the center than it looks. To clarify here's a diagram of the aiming points X and targets 0 to show where to actually aim your cursor.

(0)---X------(X)------X-(0)-----X----(0)

3-Once your cursor moves over the aiming points above it will turn red and (as long as the target is available) a red lock circle will show up on the target. As long long as you have that red lock circle on the target your arrow will hit the target when released (as long as the target doesn't drop before it gets there). Even if your aim cursor has moved away from the aiming point the arrow will still go towards the lock circle. So basically watch for the red target lock circle to appear then release the arrow.

4-Pay attention to the order in which the targets drop and raise and you'll get it within a few tries.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I disagree.It is hard to do it legit cause the archery stall is that bugged.If it wasn't then I am in total agreement with you...example:dodgy camerawork,he randomly started facing the wrong way midway though,trudging through the water slowing you down (thats not a bug I know but even when I was not in the water the same thing happened) and one of them that really p1553d me off is the first two targets up are the right mid and the far right then the left mid stands up,I nailed the 1st three targets from right to left (sort of)in about 7 seconds and the far left target did not stand up for the remaining 10 seconds :mad:. I was still trying to do this legit and got it by accident.I took the method into consideration but was not confident I could do it in the time provided.Accidentally switched to fire arrows I swear to god,I missed the the middle target once and then hit it once and it was over.I was like wtf how did that happen. :)....Thanx