Shire & Palantir Maps

Shire Map, Palantir Locations & Equipment List

Shire Map

100% Found:

12 Mushrooms

15 Afternoon Treature Pots

15 Evening Treasure Pots

5 Lore Feathers

*Note - The 5th Lore Feather will show up at night after a certain amount of levels have been completed.

(Credit : bodigard)

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz96/smallrecords/ShireLocations.jpg

Palantir Locations

Flight of the Ford Palantir

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz96/smallrecords/FlightoftheFord.jpg

Rivendale Palantir

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz96/smallrecords/Rivendale.jpg

Moria Palantir

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz96/smallrecords/Moria.jpg

Fangorn Forest Palantir

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz96/smallrecords/FangornForest.jpg

Rohan Palantir

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz96/smallrecords/Rohan.jpg

Helm's Deep Palantir

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz96/smallrecords/HelmsDeep.jpg

Pelennor Fields Palantir

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz96/smallrecords/PelennorFields.jpg

The Black Gate

There is NO Palantir for this level... All items are around and near the outside walls. They shouldn't be too hard to find.

Equipment List

This should be what items you have at the end of your game in the equipment list. Some of them are earned, some are in chests, and some are on the ground...

Crown of Gondor - You will acheive this automatically after finishing the last level

Chain Vest - This does not matter... will change depending on level automatically

Anduril - You get this automatically through Story Mode

Chain Strike - You get this automatically through Story Mode

Heavy Strike - You get this automatically through Story Mode

Battle Cry - You get this automatically through Story Mode

Bow of Galadrhim - You get this automatically through Story Mode

Shield of Thoeden - (Side Quest) Kill all scouts in Rohan

Shield of Gondor - You will acheive this automatically after finishing the last level

Phial of Galadriel - Fangorn Forest - Save the captain by kills all the enemies.

Thoedens Spear - (Side Quest) Collect 5 horses in Rohan

Horn of Gondor - You get this automatically through Story Mode (Pelennor Fields)

Rally - You get this automatically through Story Mode (Pelennor Fields)

Bow of Haldir - After entering Fangorn Forest... Follow the dead end path to the Spider Queen. You will see something glowing green on the ground in one of the corners.

Quiver of Glorfindel - Large chest next to a feather in Helm's Deep (to the left of Eowyn)

Balins Axe - This is in a chest towards the back of the room where Balin's Tomb is.

Thorins Shield - You get this automatically through Story Mode

I hope this helps everyone find some of the missing items they were looking for. Good Luck... and happy trophy hunting :dance:

Edited by Steve_LWL
Completed

Awesome job Steve!! Thank you very much! I'm missing 1 evening treasure and I believe your map showed one that I don't remember getting.

Thanks man... I now have a complete list for the shire so if anything seems to be missing let me know and I'll add it.

Glad I could help out. This part of the game seemed to be the biggest pain for me.

[quote=Steve_LWL;1137338

Crown of Gondor - You will acheive this automatically after finishing the last level

Chain Vest - This does not matter... will change depending on level automatically

Anduril - You get this automatically through Story Mode

Chain Strike - You get this automatically through Story Mode

Heavy Strike - You get this automatically through Story Mode

Battle Cry - You get this automatically through Story Mode

Bow of Galadrhim - You get this automatically through Story Mode

Shield of Gondor - (Side Quest) Kill all scouts in Rohan

Shield of Gondor - You will acheive this automatically after finishing the last level

Phial of Galadriel - Fangorn Forest - Save the captain by kills all the enemies.

Thoedens Spear - (Side Quest) Collect 5 horses in Rohan

Horn of Gondor - You get this automatically through Story Mode (Pelennor Fields)

Rally - You get this automatically through Story Mode (Pelennor Fields)

Bow of Haldir - After entering Fangorn Forest... Follow the dead end path to the Spider Queen. You will see something glowing green on the ground in one of the corners.

Quiver of Glorfindel - Large chest next to a feather in Helm's Deep (to the left of Eowyn)

Balins Axe - This is in a chest towards the back of the room where Balin's Tomb is.

Thorins Shield - You get this automatically through Story Mode

I hope this helps everyone find some of the missing items they were looking for. Good Luck... and happy trophy hunting :dance:

Are there really two Shield of Gondor? I have Gimlis axe but not Balins. Just missing one thing.

Could anyone please help me with the morning treasure vases in the Shire? I've looked everywhere for the 15th one. I found a list of all 15, but I'm not sure which I'm missing, can someone post a location of all of them on the map or screenshots of where each of the 15 are? Here's the list:

1 From the man fishing where you got this quest, head due east to find a pot on the left side of the path.

2 Return to the main north/south path and you’ll spy a bridge on the left that runs east/west. The pot is near the bridge.

3 Just north of the previous one, in the yard of the house on the right.

4 Follow the fence to the north (well, the fence runs NE) from the previous one to find it behind a few boulders.

5 On the right side (north side) of the archery area which is on the west side of the map near the river.

6 In the goat paddock, NW of the party field.

7On the blocked bridge in the north that runs NW/SE.

8 On the path running from where you started this level (your house) in the north of the map down to the party tree. It’s on the right side of that path if heading south.

9 In NE of the map, third house on the right.

10 To the south of the Sword party stall, near a big tree, in the corner where the wooden and stone fences meet.

11 Behind the big tree, just south of the Dwarf party stall.

12 Just south of the entrance to the Shield party stall (literally on the right side of the entrance, on the other side of the entrance fence), near the gear that raises the gate for said stall.

13 In the “Plague of the Moles” whack-a-mole area (area is marked by a pink banner with a horse on it).

14 At the base of the large party tree in the middle of the party area.

15 South of the party tree, near a hobbit sawing wood.

I have no idea what they mean by the first one, I know I have 2-9, and I checked 10-15 but found nothing which means I probably got them and forgot., I can't find where that last one is. Any help shall be appreciated. It's the last morning quest I need.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Follow the list posted by slyjak above. The first one in that list refers to the man next to the stone bridge at the south (he's the only one fishing there), near the beehive area. Just follow the list for the rest. All the morning treasure pots can be smashed without using a second (wizard) character. All of them are in the main Hobbiton area, you do not have to cross over the bridges to the ByWater or Mushroom forest areas.

Alternatively, start a new game on a separate slot and just do the morning treasure hunt by following slyjak's list. This way you will get a better feel of where the pots are. The confusing ones in the list are #10 and #11, as they both have a big tree and stone fence meeting wooden fence. #15 can also be misleading as there are 2 hobbits sawing wood in the area.

Oh, and one good news: you do not need to complete the morning treasure hunt to get the Key to the Shire trophy (and plat). I missed one pot and went on with the story. Thot I'm screwed but the trophy just popped at the end, after I completed the party stalls (last thing I attempted in the whole game).

Edited by Pierce

I cant seem to find the last mushroom... And I dont know which im missing.. Anyone know of a picture/video guide?

PS: I think it is the one in the middle of mushroom woods but as said, I cant find it.

Edited by Pettern

i need help as i can't find the feather at the bottom on the map right next to the

mushroom and i read thought a guide and it says "that is is between the two rocks but i ain't got no feather and it ain't there. anybody got a video for the feathers.

That feather can only be found in the evening. Don't fret if you can't find it in the morning and afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...

Thorins Shield.. You have to do all 3 Bilbon sidequest to get it ! So you may change that !

Same for Bow of Galadrhim, side quest again (Kill 5 birds)

Both of them in Fondcombe of course..

Edited by TDO

• 2 weeks later...