Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - The Legend of Dead Kel - Trophy Guide & Road Map

Vuule

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 2/10
  • Total Trophies: 5 | 4 (B), 1 (G) (2 (H))  
    • Offline Trophies: 5
    • Online Trophies: 0

[*]Approximate amount of time to 100%: 3-6 hours.

[*]Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

[*]Number of missable trophies: 1

• Manic Pixie Dream Elf: Wooed Rast Brattigan.

[*]Glitched trophies: 1

• Exterminator: Killed 50 Scavs.

[*]Do cheat codes disable trophies: No cheats available.

[*]Extra equipment needed: None.

[*]Does difficulty affect trophies: No.

You need to update to Patch 1.02 before you can start earning trophies in the Dead Kel DLC!

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!! Ahoy, me Hearties! Avast ye! All hand hoay!

There’s no real path you should take with this DLC, just like with the game itself. Just enjoy the DLC and take your time. There’s however, 1 missable trophy. The Manic Pixie Dream Elf trophy. It requires you to be nice to Rast Brattigan all the time. Every time you have the option to choose dialogue, choose the upper right option.

Also, be on the lookout for any Map Fragments, ‘Bundles of’ and Message Bottles, which are all trophy requirements. Start the Gravehal Keep faction (Keep on Rising trophy) & Scattered Fragments quest (Give Her a Hand trophy) as soon as possible. See the related trophies for details.

Glitch warning: It seems that if you kill Scavs in 1 hit, they won't register as a kill. Make sure you hit them more then once before killing them.

Edited by Viper
Removed some redundant formatting.

9317696714_4628455ebf_o.png 

051.jpg  Message in a Bottle (B)

Located all eight message bottles in Gallows End.

These bottles are pretty easy to miss. You’ll see a ‘Pick Up Message in a Bottle’ in the bottom right corner of the screen when you’re close. These 8 are scattered throughout the whole bottom part of the island. One of the bottles can only be collected after completing the Main quest line.

These locations are written down as seen on the local world map.

• Bottle #1 - The beach you wash up on. In the top left corner, near a chest.
  • Bottle #2 - Jump down at the gallows in Cape Sollace. It’s located where you reach dry ground.
  • Bottle #3 - Close to Souldeep Fasting, bottom right near the shipwreck parts.
  • Bottle #4 - East from Cliffbreak Fasting, near one of the shipwreck parts.
  • Bottle #5 - West from Aubrey Gilcrest, on the other side of the cliff.
  • Bottle #6 - In the Mudhold Fasting dungeon. Reach the outer part, end of the dungeon. Close to the grass.
  • Bottle #7 - In the Undersea Fasting dungeon. Reach the outer part, very end of the dungeon. Close to a torch.
  • Bottle #8 - Close to Brigand’s Hideaway, bottom right near the cliff.
    • Before you can collect bottle #8, you’ll need to finish the Main quest line and start the ‘The Invaders’ side quest afterwards by talking to Alder Malloi in Cape Sollace.

052.jpg  Keep on Rising (G)

Gravehal Keep has been fully restored.

Note: The final upgrade cannot be obtained until after the "Dark Harbor" quest has been completed.

You can start the Gravehal Keep faction quest line by talking to Padrig Dower. He's the dwarf located in Cape Solace, the first village you’ll visit in the Dead Kel DLC.

There are a total of 14 quests in the Gravehal Keep faction. 7 of which are required for the trophy (the remaining quests are (never ending) tasks):

• Gravehal Keep
  • Restoring Gravehal
  • Gravehal Armory
  • Gravehal Tunnels
  • Gravehal Library
  • Gravehal Gallery
  • Gravehal Tower

Each one of these quests requires you to obtain a certain 'bundle of' items. These bundles can be found through the whole Dead Kel DLC, so be sure to pick up any you find. It’s easier if you start these quests while doing the Main quest line or any other quest for that matter. Once you’ve obtained the required amount, go back to Gravehal Keep and talk to Padrig. He will then start the construction, which will take 1 in game day. (You’ll get notified once he’s done.) You can choose to wait it out, do other stuff or use the bed in the Gravehal Keep and sleep 1 day. (The bed is available after the completion of the 'Restoring Gravehal' quest.) If you can’t find any of the required bundles, you can always set the quest as active and it will show you locations on the map where to acquire the bundles.

In total you need:

• 11 Bundles of Sailcloth
  • 14 Bundles of Emberwood
  • 12 Bundles of Beachstone
  • 13 Bundles of Seasteel
  • 9 Bundles of Bearhide

053.jpg  Give Her a Hand (B)(H)

Found Aubrey Gilcrest's severed hand.

Before you can obtain the hand, you’ll have to start the ‘Scattered Fragments’ by talking to Aubrey Gilcrest. You can't complete this quest until you've completed the Main quest line.

She will give you 1 of 3 map fragments and you’ll have to locate the missing 2. When you’ve completed the set, go to your inventory > items > items > and select one of the 3 fragments. This will combine the pieces and it will mark a treasure on your map. Once you’ve found the treasure, head back to Audrey to start the search for the next fragments. There are a total of 4 maps, each consisting of 3 map fragments, 1 of which is always given to you by Aubrey.

These locations are written down as seen on the local world map.

• Northern Coast
    • Fragment #2 - Mudhold Fasting. On the very left path, after jumping down, you'll come across a few skeletons. In the chest in the right corner.
    • Fragment #3 - Mudhold Fasting. At the very end (bottom) of the dungeon, the outer part, in a pile of wreckage between two torches.

[*]Scuttle Beach

• Fragment #2 - Undersea Fasting. At the very end (left) of the dungeon, the outer part, in a chest in the bottom right corner near a torch.
    • Fragment #3 - Undersea Fasting. From the chest above, go back in the dungeon and jump down in the water and follow the path. It's in the very first chest, before you have to jump down.

[*]Jawbone

• Fragment #2 - Souldeep Fasting. After opening the very first fate door, drop down. The very first chest on the right.
      • You can't collect this fragment until you've started the 'Until Death' Main quest.

[*]Fragment #3 - Siren's Den. Follow the path on the left. In a chest at the very end, in the top left corner.

[*]Cape Solace

• Fragment #2 - Cliffbreak Fasting. Follow the path on the right. After a second encounter with a few Scavs, in the chest on the left.
    • Fragment #3 - Brigand's Hideaway. Follow the path on the left. Once you're in the water, keep swimming on the right side. After a small swim, you can continue swimming or go left to land. Go on land and follow the path until you have to jump down. It's in the pile right behind you after jumping down.
      • You can't collect this fragment until you've completed the Main quest line and started the 'The Invaders' side quest afterwards by talking to Alder Malloi in Cape Solace.

Once all 4 have been found, you’re not done yet, even though the quest itself is done. You’ll need to find Aubrey’s Hand. You’ll need to kill and loot a crab located near ‘Mudhold Fasting’. Here’s the location. (Or see the related video.)

7079294603_093d4c5600_z.jpg 

054.jpg  Manic Pixie Dream Elf (B)(H)

Wooed Rast Brattigan.

***MISSABLE***

Every time you talk to Rast Brattigan (the girl that brings you to Gallows End) and you have the option to choose dialogue, choose the upper right option. You’ll need to be nice to her throughout the whole main quest line. The trophy unlocks after talking to her one last time after the completion of the last main quest ‘The Exiles’. She will be waiting in Cape Sollace.

055.jpg  Exterminator (B)

Killed 50 Scavs.

Scavs are pretty much the same as Niskarus. They shouldn’t be too difficult, but be careful when there is more than 1. Keep this trophy as last, since you’ll probably kill quite a few before obtaining all the other trophies. Throughout the Main quest line you should be able to get about 13 kills.

If you haven’t killed 50 before having obtained all the other trophies, you can always revisit Flooded Cavern, Cliffbreak Fasting, Undersea Fasting and Souldeep Fasting and kill the Scavs there. Once you’ve killed them all, go find yourself a bed and sleep a few days to make them respawn.

Glitch warning: It seems that if you kill Scavs in 1 hit, they won't register as a kill. Make sure you hit them more then once before killing them.

Edited by Viper
Updated the Keep On Rising trophy.

Wow, great job getting this up so quick! I never expected to see a guide already. Your game guide was excellent. Cant wait to play this and use your guide.

Thanks :) Once I heard trophy support was coming to the PS3 I prepared a guide in advance. Played through the DLC 3 times, lol. If you rush it, you can pretty much finish the main quest line in 1.5 hours.. Got all the Dead Kel trophies. Now waiting for the Naros DLC on wednesday :)

:pirate: N00b Question - Where is there a bed anywhere on the DLC maps that I can sleep instead of waiting out a day for the next objective in Keep On Rising (G) ?

Start the Gravehal Keep Faction and complete the "Restoring Gravehal" quest. There will be a bed available in Gravehal afterwards. (Main building, second floor on the right.)

Hmm, I think I'm experiencing this glitch for Exterminator I've killed well over 50 scavs. I'll try not using Meteor and see if killing them one by one registers better but thought I'd throw this out there.

Exterminator Achievement Not Unlocking

EDIT: Got it after going back to Undersea Fasting and killing the Scavs with my Chakrams instead of Meteor.

By the way, Undersea Fasting is the fastest spot to farm these as there are 6 in a pretty close proximity. You can travel back and forth to Gallows Keep and rest in the bed between slaying so they re-spawn.

Edited by eburkulosis

Can I still Woe Brattigan if I was accidently mean to her once?

While I'm not 100% sure, I don't think you can. Better safe than sorry and reload a previous safe file if you can.

A Dead Kel speedrun on easy can easily be done in 1-1.5 hours. However, the DLC requires you to be level 10+, which will take a little longer.

Edited by Vuule

While I'm not 100% sure, I don't think you can. Better safe than sorry and reload a previous safe file if you can.

A Dead Kel speedrun on easy can easily be done in 1-1.5 hours. However, the DLC requires you to be level 10+, which will take a little longer.

I know but when I came to play Reckoning all that was left was an auto save all my other saves where gone! So I'll have no choice to restart just for that trophy

I can confirm on my end that I made her mad the first time I spoke to her and still got the trophy

• Viper changed the title to Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - The Legend of Dead Kel - Trophy Guide & Road Map