Trophy support for next DLC and Dead Kel!

Vuule

Muse, the Community Manager at 38Studio's just posted this:

As many of you know, when we released The Legend of Dead Kel, there were some circumstances outside of our control that prevented us from releasing the DLC with PS3 trophy support. It's extremely important to us that all our fans receive the same quality of experience, so we've been working diligently with our publisher to ensure PS3 trophies are supported with the next (and previous) Reckoning DLC.

We'll keep you updated as we know more, but we wanted you all to know what our intentions are and that we're working on it.

Source: PS3 Trophies for Reckoning DLC - Update

Great news :)!

And since my existing character has been struck by a rather 'game-breaking' bug, I'm going to start a new character and probably won't start the Dead Kel DLC with it just yet, or keep a seperate save file for whenever Dead Kel is getting trophies.

Edited by Vuule

Doesn't the first DLC come with a new copy?

The House of Valor was supposed to be the first DLC, but because of the Online pass, they gave it to anyone activating it. The actual first DLC is Dead Kel.

So Im curious, but did the xbox version have achievements? But the PS3 just did get trophies or what?

Yes, the Xbox has the achievements. Trophies were also made, however, due to 'certain constraints' they couldn't release trophies. There are no trophies yet, but according to Muse's post, they will patch in trophies. When? No idea. Probably after the second DLC release is my guess.

Muse, the Community Manager at 38Studio's just posted this:

Source: PS3 Trophies for Reckoning DLC - Update

Great news :)!

And since my existing character has been struck by a rather 'game-breaking' bug, I'm going to start a new character and probably won't start the Dead Kel DLC with it just yet, or keep a seperate save file for whenever Dead Kel is getting trophies.

Thank you, sir(?). You made my day. I was about to patrol the Amalur forums again for any signs of trophies. I gave up hope on Dead Kel DLC, and have just been parading for whatever the new city's DLC will be called.

Ok thanks. I'm gonna get this game soon, might get these DLCs, what do they cost?

The House of Valor (no trophies) DLC comes with the Online pass. (Kinda weird, since there's no online.) So if you buy your copy new, you get it for free. You'll also get the N7 inspired (Mass Effect 3) armor with it.

The first DLC, The Legend of Dead Kel is $/€9.99. (As mentioned, trophies will come later on.)

There are also 3 weapon/armor packs (finesse, might & sorcery) for I think it was 1.99 each, or 4-5 for all 3. They're useless though. (No trophies.)

Thank you, sir(?). You made my day. I was about to patrol the Amalur forums again for any signs of trophies. I gave up hope on Dead Kel DLC, and have just been parading for whatever the new city's DLC will be called.

Yes, you may call me Sir :p

Edited by Vuule

I believe Dead Kel was $10. They haven't formally announced the next DLC yet.

Good to hear Dead Kel will be getting them also. I have completely finished the game, but since the decided to make the "beat on Hard" trophy a hidden trophy I don't have the Plat.

I will wait for the next DLC and start a new character and play it all the way through. I'm thinking I might go with a more "magic" type build this time.

(...) though guess microsoft is now paying to get achivments and have them hold back on trophies now or something idiotic.
My suspicion is that EA carved the DLC date in stone and 38S/BHG didn't have enough time to finish localization for the trophies and so were forced to turn them off.

My suspicion is that EA carved the DLC date in stone and 38S/BHG didn't have enough time to finish localization for the trophies and so were forced to turn them off.

Nope. Both achievements and trophies were done already. They had to leave them out due to 'certain constraints'.

Nope. Both achievements and trophies were done already. They had to leave them out due to 'certain constraints'.

I seriously would love to know what these legal issues were. I'm happy the product is getting the trophies, just for the sake of being equal on all consoles.

Off topic but now i'm thinking they will release a GOTY edition. I love the game however I really enjoy having my dlc on my disc. Do you fellas have a preference ?

Curt himself replied in a post of mine on official boards.
Are you talking about where he said this:
And I'll end one potential path of this conversation by telling you had we designed the DLC without achievements or trophies, we'd have made sure users of the Xbox and the PS3 knew that.
That certainly says nothing about whether or not the trophy support was fully implemented---just that it was designed.

Are you talking about where he said this:That certainly says nothing about whether or not the trophy support was fully implemented---just that it was designed.

They had the DLC finished well before the release of the game itself. So it's safe to assume they also included both achievements and trophies. (That's not something they can just add in whenever they feel like. It needs QA testing etc.) Also..

Why do you think there is no mention, by us, of there being no trophy support?

If they hadn't designed any trophies, they probably would've told us well before the DLC's release. Apparently, they also got struck by surprise and had to leave them out for some reason.

If they hadn't designed any trophies, they probably would've told us well before the DLC's release. Apparently, they also got struck by surprise and had to leave them out for some reason.
Yes, there's no question that the DLC was designed for trophies.

The question is whether they were fully implemented/localized/finalized and then subsequently removed.

As Curt said, if they knew about no-trophies, they would've informed us. But they didn't inform us in advance, which means they expected DLC to have trophies and were surprised by it.

Now, one could say it is just lies, but I'd give them benefit of doubt.

Reading between the lines, I get the impression they couldn't enable trophies in ALL regions and Sony's policies might say it needs to be present in all regions. Remember, Asia PSN didn't get DLC till much later. In fact, not sure if they still got it. Also, trophies must've been turned off really REALLY late, maybe by EA folks, that is why they ended up glitching achievements too.

They had the DLC finished well before the release of the game itself. So it's safe to assume they also included both achievements and trophies. (That's not something they can just add in whenever they feel like. It needs QA testing etc.) Also..

As I never have been in this situation before, what will happen when the trophies are released for Dead Kel? After fully completing the content, will I get screwed out of the trophies on my one and only character? Or will they all just activate when I initiate the game?

Strange circumstance.

As I never have been in this situation before, what will happen when the trophies are released for Dead Kel? After fully completing the content, will I get screwed out of the trophies on my one and only character? Or will they all just activate when I initiate the game?

Strange circumstance.

My guess is no. It sort of goes back to Fallout 3 and GTA 4. When both came out, they did not come with trophies. When patches later added them, the trophies that I would have gotten did not auto-unlock.