TLOU 2 - Confirmed

Combatting

I am afraid of this one. It might be as epic as the first one, however I do not have any hope that it will actually be. I wished they created a new IP, a new universe so that the first game could remain a single masterpiece.

Still, I want more info on this. Surely I will be purchasing this, and I would love it to be as better as the first one.

Nolan North should stop talking about those things... I want to see a proper announcement of this now. Maybe we will hear it at Gamescon?

I don't think Nolan North would lie about it but him "confirming" it isn't good enough for me. I'll wait for an official announcement but until then, I won't be expecting it. I'm perfectly okay with there being only one game in the series.

it was inevitable anyway. sony registered the domain for 2 and 3 plus why wouldn't there be a sequel. ellie will be in her 20's in this game
You're assuming she will be in the game at all and you're also assuming you know when it'll take place. You don't know any of these things.

• 2 weeks later...

If it's true (and I don't doubt it is), how much flak do you think Nolan North is getting from Naughty Dog for that slip?

I do lament the fact that there aren't more "one and done" masterpieces anymore- everything has to spawn 2,475,209,384 sequels and spin-offs. Uncharted has that vita game and I was disappointed they were making a 4th and not leaving it off with the trilogy.

Of course I would play The Last of Us 2. I'd be excited about it, even. I just kind of like new IPs, and the idea leaving a perfect game in peace.

• 3 weeks later...
If it's true (and I don't doubt it is), how much flak do you think Nolan North is getting from Naughty Dog for that slip?

I do lament the fact that there aren't more "one and done" masterpieces anymore- everything has to spawn 2,475,209,384 sequels and spin-offs. Uncharted has that vita game and I was disappointed they were making a 4th and not leaving it off with the trilogy.

Of course I would play The Last of Us 2. I'd be excited about it, even. I just kind of like new IPs, and the idea leaving a perfect game in peace.

I can understand your point on The Last of Us but Uncharted is about a treasure hunters adventures. The possibilities are endless. If they want they can continue with a different hunter. That series can be never ending I wouldn't mind see new adventures and awe inspiring landscapes textures and hidden treasures. I hope there are at least two more Uncharted games on the PS4 and see just how far ND can push the boundaries and limits.

Now back to The Last of Us I don't really see them calling it that I mean The Last of Us 2 does not sound well. I'm thinking it will have a different name but be in the same universe. Also they said that anything could happen and that they would like to revisit Joel and Ellie but that they want to start with new characters. So maybe the new characters will run into Joel or Ellie at some point in the game but either way the storytelling for the Last of Us can do one or two more sequels to wrap up the story. Maybe a cure is found.