A note for platinum seekers

christoff_22

Having recently obtained my platinum for the game, I would like to share some thoughts regarding trophies, specifically "For emergencies only" i.e. to fully upgrade weapons.

I am sharing so that hopefully what happened to me does not happen to you. Having played though the first time on NORMAL, I scavenged for everything, including parts, supplements etc. I knew I would not upgrade everything fully the first time. That being said I assumed that there would be enough parts on my SURVIVOR+ play through. This was not the case, I ended up being 20 parts short! Can you believe that! 20 stupid parts short of upgrading my last weapon (which having done things kind of in the wrong order, my last weapon upgrade was El Diablo, not available until Tommy's Dam).

So, I ended up starting another play through on EASY (which was almost a joke it was so simple compared to SURVIVOR).

My advice: Play your first play through on EASY, there is a ton of parts, supplements etc. this will definitely take some of the stress off of having to find everything on your SURVIVOR+ play through. (For example, playing on EASY and not even really looking all that hard for parts I had well over 1000 by the time I got to Tommy's Dam).

Also, this way on your survivor plus play through, you can easily sneak through certain areas because you wont be in need of the potential parts in that area (i.e. on such area that comes to mind is the subway tunnels part full of clickers).

With that being said, you should NOT do what I did and upgrade guns randomly, you should follow what is outlined in the Trophy guide (something I did not do, and which I payed for afterwards).

Hope that this helps at least someone.

Have fun collecting your platinum trophy, and don't forget to enjoy what is actually an extremely awesome game in the process!