Beautiful game, retarded mechanics

stoicijn

Just played through the game on grounded, really shows how much ND dropped the ball on AI, stealth mechanics, combat.

Enemies getting stuck in the ground/ behind walls, being able to sprint through whole sections because the enemies didn't load in yet.

With stealth sometimes you can just sit there and not move the controller yet be detected. Also walking into certain areas just breaks stealth because it's scripted, wth..

Don't get me started on the AI/ combat, just play the section where you're stuck in the cabin with the guy after shooting the deer fending off hordes of infested (grounded difficulty).

less graphics and a bit more attention to gameplay would have been nice in my eyes

• 2 weeks later...
Just played through the game on grounded, really shows how much ND dropped the ball on AI, stealth mechanics, combat.

Enemies getting stuck in the ground/ behind walls, being able to sprint through whole sections because the enemies didn't load in yet.

With stealth sometimes you can just sit there and not move the controller yet be detected. Also walking into certain areas just breaks stealth because it's scripted, wth..

Don't get me started on the AI/ combat, just play the section where you're stuck in the cabin with the guy after shooting the deer fending off hordes of infested (grounded difficulty).

less graphics and a bit more attention to gameplay would have been nice in my eyes

I have to disagree a bit. I felt Grounded mode made me appreciate some of the finer details of the mechanics. I never noticed how to really use the auditory cues to help with enemy placement while I was playing through on easy and normal. I also loved finding out different ways to approach a situation or take out enemies.

-As far as enemies getting stuck or not loading, that sounds like more of a bug/glitch rather than a flaw in game mechanics.

-If you leave a character sitting in one spot, it's not surprising that an enemy on their route might spot you.

-I personally like the scripted moments where you have to fight. It keeps me on my toes and makes me choose between if I should fight, hide, or flee if possible.

-I also never had a problem with the AI/combat in the winter section. Knowing what weapon works best for which enemy was key. I also liked finding alternative ways to kill enemies so I could conserve ammo.

The retarded mechanics only appear on Grounded Mode. I have played the game on Normal and Easy also and the game runs perfectly, but when I went to grounded there we´re a lot of pop ups including Joel weapons, enemies, and I noticed a constant lag making it impossible to play some parts leading to turn off the console and turn it on again so I can play normally...

• 2 weeks later...
The retarded mechanics only appear on Grounded Mode. I have played the game on Normal and Easy also and the game runs perfectly, but when I went to grounded there we´re a lot of pop ups including Joel weapons, enemies, and I noticed a constant lag making it impossible to play some parts leading to turn off the console and turn it on again so I can play normally...

Does this include the updates? Or are you guys playing it on version 1.00to avoid trophy glitches?