Is it the least interesting and imaginative trophy list?

Xogador

I too agree, i think even those in-game achievements are better than the trophies themselves, like say, the one to kill 5 Clickers with one shotgun shot or to kill a Stalker stealthily with a Shiv.

But, you never know what was going on behind the scenes, maybe they didn't have the time to think about better trophy ideas and just decided to put the 1st thing that'd come in their minds, hmmm... the typical ones... like finish the game a million times and collect everything.

I too agree, i think even those in-game achievements are better than the trophies themselves, like say, the one to kill 5 Clickers with one shotgun shot or to kill a Stalker stealthily with a Shiv.

But, you never know what was going on behind the scenes, maybe they didn't have the time to think about better trophy ideas and just decided to put the 1st thing that'd come in their minds, hmmm... the typical ones... like finish the game a million times and collect everything.

Yeah, I really liked the in-game achievements better than the actual trophy list because some of them were really more satisfying to get and earn. I remember one of them I didn't even realize completing was shooting and killing a bloater from close range with a shotgun. If Naughty Dog can take some more time and have trophies for the second game more like those, then that trophy list will be much better and more satisfying for the platinum.

I kind of like the clean list, it's not as bad as some games which are like over 50% "Complete 'x' level"... "Complete 'y' level"... -_-, those AREN'T even achievements... that's just normal story progression.

This may be a little uncreative compared to some games but it is far far from the worst, I'd even say it's above average.

maybe they streamlined the list so we can focus on the game a bit more (except for the collectibles).

games with too many/very different trophy list, i tend to read the guide more than i play the game

I'm pretty sure that was the reasoning behind it, so you don't have trophy pops interrupting you all the time. Other than the multiplayer trophies I like the list a lot, because it doesn't get in the way of you playing the game.

I'm pretty sure that was the reasoning behind it, so you don't have trophy pops interrupting you all the time. Other than the multiplayer trophies I like the list a lot, because it doesn't get in the way of you playing the game.

In most games they're always in the damn cutscenes! It's one reason I decided to turn off the notification... >_< They're not too distracting since it's only a small 'ding' along with a tiny box in the corner but when I'm in some kind of serious scene and that comes up it's really distracting.

Im not a fan of collectibles trophies all that much. For me it takes away concentrating on the game it self. Instead I find my self looking behind every nook and cranny instead of actually playing the game. Worried that I missed something. Glitched collectibles trophies are the worst. Spend all that time finding everything then the game is like screw you try again buddy.

Terminator Salvation I think is worse. Beat the game on hard, you're done. At least TLoU has collectible/upgrade trophies.

That game didn't deserve a trophy list any more interesting than that. :p Would have been more trouble than it was worth if you actually had to do more shit than just finishing the game.

Im not a fan of collectibles trophies all that much. For me it takes away concentrating on the game it self. Instead I find my self looking behind every nook and cranny instead of actually playing the game. Worried that I missed something. Glitched collectibles trophies are the worst. Spend all that time finding everything then the game is like screw you try again buddy.

Ditto - Characters talking to you while you're across the map looking in bushes, staring at trees. The area with a horse - I think you could look for an hour and not find a useful item (excepting 2 well hidden Pendants and the tents).

I agree the first time I played it through I ended up with 3% lol.

The collectibles don't add much to the game and I'm not sure what you get out of beating NG+ a thousand times. The first thing I thought was the list was completely uninspired.

Doesn't change the fact it is a great game though.

• 2 weeks later...

Very surprised we're talking about an unimaginative trophy list and no one has mentioned Telltale Games; The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands, Game of Thrones. Complete the game and that is it. No difficulties, no collectibles, no miscellaneous tasks. Definitely the most boring lists.