All jokes told, no trophy!

BunterJung

The collectable trophies are infamously buggy, all you can do is redo the game from scratch and pray it pops :(.

I feared that...well than it is 3 trophies short of Platinum :(

I tried to replay the suburbs to see if Ellie repeats their jokes. It seems like she doesn't if you already triggered them!? Right!?

Edit: No, not right, jokes are told again and although i heard joke #3 in the bookstore the first 2 playthroughs, it somehow registered after chapter select! So just the weapon upgrade to do...well...the El Diablo *sigh*

Edited by BunterJung

• 4 weeks later...
Hi. I am portuguese i have the game in two weeks , i have the patch 1.09 and i had my frist trophy problem, i got all ellies joke and the trophy don't pop. But i didn't finish the game yet. Somebody can help? Thanks

You can try replaying the sub-chapters that have the jokes. I would suggest starting with the bookstore.

Damn was hoping to see that by the time I bought this game (yesterday) the bugs would have been fixed. Thankfully no updates have been installed.

You're better off playing fully updated. I would absolutely install all updates.

Damn was hoping to see that by the time I bought this game (yesterday) the bugs would have been fixed. Thankfully no updates have been installed.

Patching or not patching won't make a blind bit of differance to if you glitch or not as it will happen regardless so you may as well just play with the patches installed. Each of the 9 Patches has made a single insignificant change to the Campaign, ranging from fixing minor texture issues and lighting problems, through to rubbing out X-Rated phone numbers but absolutely nothing to fix the trophy problems :(.

Thanks for the reply. I Will continue the game looking to have all colectivas, hope the trophy pops and in the end of the game the dificult trophy as well, than i Will try that chapter. I read that if we play offline it helps the trophys to pop it is true? It is really a shame that this Amanzing game have this problem with the trophys :-(

Thanks for the reply. I Will continue the game looking to have all collectible, hope the trophy pops and in the end of the game the difficult trophy as well, than i Will try that chapter. I read that if we play offline it helps the trophies to pop it is true? It is really a shame that this Amazing game have this problem with the trophies :-(

Playing online or offline makes absolutely no difference to if the trophies will pop or glitch.

Ok, thanks i Will try. Today i Will finish the game on normal. Than i Will can choose chapter and try the trophys like ellies joke and shiv Doors right? Or do in another play trought? I apreeciat the help.

If you have to do another play through anyway I would wait and do the jokes and doors on that run. If you choose to use chapter select before starting NG+ just be sure to replay Jackson to make sure your upgrades carry over.

I finish the frist walktrought, i don't know how i miss one shiv door but i do all with a guide, and i saw by chapter select that miss only one artifacts, for what i see in a video of powerfix we must see and turn all objects that ellie have that 's true? And are you telling that if i choose chapter in game +i Will lose all upgrades? One more question i finish in normal, easy and normal trophys pop, what you advice to do that now i finish frist walktrought? I miss the shiv doors trophy and all artifacts trophy knowing that artifact that i miss is see and turn all objects of ellies in winter. What you advice to do now?? Thanks a lot

Edited by Chanoca69

I finish the frist walktrought, i don't know how i miss one shiv door but i do all with a guide, and i saw by chapter select that miss only one artifacts, for what i see in a video of powerfix we must see and turn all objects that ellie have that 's true? And are you telling that if i choose chapter in game +i Will lose all upgrades? One more question i finish in normal, easy and normal trophys pop, what you advice to do that now i finish frist walktrought? I miss the shiv doors trophy and all artifacts trophy knowing that artifact that i miss is see and turn all objects of ellies in winter. What you advice to do now?? Thanks a lot

For Ellie's collectibles in the Lakeside Resort chapter you do need to use :triangle: to flip items and use :cross: to zoom in on both sides of the artifacts in her backpack for some of them to count.

When you use chapter select you start the chapter with whatever upgrades you had when you last played that chapter. When you start New Game+ you begin the game with whatever upgrades you had the last time you played. So if you chapter select back to an early chapter and then jump straight to NG+ you will lose a lot of upgrades. As long as you replay Jackson before starting NG+ you will have all of your upgrades carry over.

If you want to cut down on the number of play throughs you need to get all of the difficulty trophies you should use the NG+ glitch and jump up to Survivor+ (or Grounded+ if you want the dlc trophies too). I would pick up any collectibles and open any doors you may have missed during this play through. Read http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-last-of-us/243684-faq-howto-2-playthrough-new-game-glitch.html for complete details on how to use the glitch.

Frist of all, thanks a lot for the help. I think i Will do the glitch to play survival plus, but the upgrades carry over right? I miss all shiv doors, all artifacts, all conversations, all jokes, and all upgrades i can do that in survival plus? Is not hard is possible? If not than i try the last one walktrought in easy right? What you think? Many thanks.

Some good advice here. I think when I start I will do a normal play through just to get the glitch for + and once survivor+ is done I will do a new easy game and focus on clean up with it.

A bit more time consuming? Yes, but I think the hardest one for me will be survivor+ and I want to just beat that then make the cleanup run as easy as possible.

Frist of all, thanks a lot for the help. I think i Will do the glitch to play survival plus, but the upgrades carry over right? I miss all shiv doors, all artifacts, all conversations, all jokes, and all upgrades i can do that in survival plus? Is not hard is possible? If not than i try the last one walktrought in easy right? What you think? Many thanks.

All of your upgrades and collectibles will carry over even if you use the glitch to jump up in difficulty. If at the end of that play through you still missed a collectible or door you can then go back to chapter select and get whatever you missed.

If you don't get all weapon upgrades done you'll need to start another NG+ (on any difficulty) and play as far as when you pick up the last gun you need to upgrade. To save yourself time be sure to fully upgrade the guns you get late in the game during your second play through. Upgrade order should be Flamethrower, Diablo, Shorty, Shotgun, Bow, Rifle, Revolver, Pistol.

As soon as I finish up tomb raider (won't be long) is there anything I should know before I start my first game to really pay attention to? Easily missed? Or does the plat guide cover all?

The trophy guide should get you through, although the NG+ glitch is covered a little better in this thread: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-last-of-us/243684-faq-howto-2-playthrough-new-game-glitch.html. I would also ignore the bit about not updating.

For what it's worth, I would play through your first time without a guide and worry about collectibles on a later run.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Keyser Soze finaly i finish game on survival plus and got ellie joke trophy on library. Got all dificult trophy too. Only miss online and i wanna talk about... Have 35 of 37 i allready try chapter select some conversations and nothing... What you sugest? Begin a New game and look allways to statistics?? Thanks