100% risk missions How to replay them?

waltdisneypixar

Disclaimer: I never had to resort to this, so have not tried it myself.

I believe that if you hold the PS button and choose 'Close Application' the day you are playing will not count so you can play it again, next time you load. You have to do this before the mission ends and can do it on day 1, 2 or 3 of the mission. You will only get to replay the day you do this for, not the ones tried prior (i.e. if you do it on day 3 you only replay 3, not the first two). Do NOT use the pause menu and quit - that will count as a failed day and move you to the next day (which is another trick some people use to accelerate their progression throughout the journey).

Edited by smconnor1

Have a look at this link: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-last-of-us/206843-i-made-last-us-multiplayer-mission-checklist-you-guys.html

Or this one (which is clearer): The Last of Us - Multiplayer Missions Guide - PSNProfiles.com

They both explain it well. Essentially each time you attempt a mission you have three days to do so and three possible goals. Meeting the easiest criteria (2 executions, in your case) will get you through, with minimum award. Meeting the higher two criteria will improve your reward. Doing better still makes no difference. For 100% risk missions you only have to get the lowest tier of reward but doing better you can try to save more of your clan, if you want.

If you then play the same mission again the easiest criteria is removed and everything becomes one step harder. It doesn't matter how well you beat the mission last time, it only jumps up by one tier, even if you got all three on the previous go. For executions, on the second try, you would need 4 (over three days) to just pass the mission and 12 to get the highest tier of reward. The table on the links above shows this well. I THINK that if you completely fail a mission then you get to do it again at the same difficulty, if you replay it later. This only works on the less important events as if you completely fail a 100% risk event then that is journey over!

For this reason, save the missions you think you will be good at for the 100% risk scenarios (all after week 6) and do tricky missions for the others (10% gain and 60% risk), as failing them doesn't really matter (though you should be able to pass many of the 'tricky' missions with ease).

I would strongly recommend the Healing missions. Just make sure you have the First Aid 2 skill equipped (or choose the right pre-set loadout). On the table it sounds hard to get but healing a badly wounded teammate can count for several heals so it is easy to get 80+ heals in a trio of days. On my second play through I did Healing for all 5 of my 100% missions, without any sense of panic. Crafting is also easy, at least for a couple of tries. Again, make sure you equip the correct loadout.

If you find yourself nearing the end of a match, without enough of your mission objectives completed, that is when you would use the PS button quit method to replay the day. You could do it if you failed to get 1/3 of the criteria on any given day or just carry on and hope you do better in the next two days. Just bear in mind you can only replay the day you are currently playing, not the one you stuffed up previously. If you get to day three with 0 executions you have to keep replaying day three until you get ALL of the first tier of mission goals. You can't go back and spread the work over three days again.