TLOU:R / TLOU Bitching Thread

swotam

OK, so not a whole lot to complain about in TLOU, but you know there's always something...;)

The game can be pretty janky sometimes, lots of graphical and AI behavioral quirks. Maybe not surprising given the complexity of what ND is trying to pull off, but still annoying when it happens.

A couple of examples from TLOU:R so far.

In the first chapter you get to the point where Tommy holds a door closed in the restaurant. In my case, there was no door, so what I got was a bunch of infected holding their arms out like they were pushing on a door, and Tommy holding his arm out like he's blocking the door. However, no door. The game glitched a bit at that point and then continued. No biggie...

The other one that I find more distracting / stressful than anything else is when your AI partners start running around like crazy people, often at high speed, during encounters with enemies. I had one issue last night when I was quietly hiding in a corner waiting for some clickers to go away, and Tess and Ellie were running around like crazy mere inches from the clickers while (luckily) being completely ignored. Compare this to other times when the AI is not ignored and you can understand why I might get tense. Crazy AI + 3 clickers within 10 feet = potentially bad day for Joel.

Mind you, I saw exactly the same behavior in the PS3 version, so obviously the next gen hardware doesn't translate into less insane AI when things get crowded.

It sure looks pretty though, and photo mode is fun.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't encountered any problems in sp yet but the mp match making is pretty annoying right now.

There's been times when I've waited five minutes to get into a lobby. Once I'm in a lobby I don't have anymore problems but that first wait is always a pain in the ass. Last night I had another issue where the supply boxes didn't show up for me. Everyone else on my team could see and open them but they just weren't there for me. I had to close and restart the game to get them to show up.

Other than that I haven't had any problems yet.

Only had 3 issues.

Is 1 being black shadows near objects, walls, characters when moving the camera around fast. Pretty annoying, but after a while i just tried to ignore it.

And 2 issue is stiff characters. Its like they get stuck, so they move forward, but arms and legs are stuck in 1 position, so they kinda like slide across the ground instead.

And 3rd is almost the same as Keyser Soze. Long waiting times to get into MP matches.

I've not experienced any glitches, gameplay or trophy, in the PS3 version. Only two days until I play Remastered so hopefully I'll have the same experience.

Although, I regularly play with friends and it's incredibly annoying when we keep disconnecting. It might be our internet connection, but it's happening in this game. And for some reason, sometimes I can't hear some people and they can't hear me, even though we have our mics on. Incredibly frustrating that one.

Crashed on me after meeting Ellie the first time, after the Cutscene and it goes yo black screen with the particles, it just stayed there for over 5 mins so I just restarted and is fine now.

What do you guys think of the 30 or 60fps?

For me 60fps is loads better, I find it jarring going back to 30 and it seems to stutter and jump when turning camera quickly. You do get better shadows though in 30fps, I was on a walkway when I turned back to 30 to see what it was like and could see in the image from the pause menu lots more shadows appear.

Also they are smooth, on 60fps there is still some jagged shadows.

But I'll take the minor shadow details over the jarring of the camera at 30fps, 60 is the way to go.

Oh and I would have liked all the trophies to be required for the plat, it would have made it much more rarer, but i suppose Sony have their limits on how many trophies can be in one platinum, thus it basically same as ps3 version and split into DLC.

And... I think Ellie and Joel's models in the cutscenes look absolutely fucking amazing, it's pretty incredible when you think this is really just a upscaled ps3 game, wait til' ND drops Uncharted 4 or TLOU2!

Edited by BaSHee26

1.- Trophies too long in Multiplayer

2.- For some reason, my 2 runs in Grounded/Grounded+ were so glitched that it was not funny, it was like if the DLC was done in hurry and didn't tested as it should.

3.- The long wait in the MP for the matches to begin.

4.- Glitches like the Graveyard and some jokes/items didn't being considered as they should.

As you can see, my struggles are more with the long MP and some glitches in trophies and Grounded mode.

The game itself is pretty good and highly recomeandable

Not a whole lot to complain about, but...

- Even on normal mode, shooting a 'Clicker' with a revolver in the chest does not slow it down most of the time

- Can't pick up ammo/weapons off of dead NPCs that were just shooting at you -_-

- No story related trophies (other than difficulty related)

- AI that stand in doorways and at times trap you in a small space with enemies

-AI that run around

- Shooting in general is very sloppy/heavy. Guess I've been playing too many FPS'

Haven't hopped into MP yet, trying to finish the story at least once.

Edited by GuNz_52

I found that getting Ellie to tell her joke in the bookstore is still a monumental pain in the ass. Had to clear the place 3 times before she finally did it, and even then I had to use the save / reload trick to get it to trigger.

And as has been mentioned, getting into MP seems to take way longer than it should.

Edited by swotam

I found that getting Ellie to tell her joke in the bookstore is still a monumental pain in the ass. Had to clear the place 3 times before she finally did it, and even then I had to use the save / reload trick to get it to trigger.

And as has been mentioned, getting into MP seems to take way longer than it should.

Were you near the exit door when you killed the last hunter? I made sure to be nowhere near the door during the last wave of hunters and got her to tell the jokes first shot. It took several minutes for her to stop wandering around but she eventually went to the camp site and whipped out the book. I always wonder if people just get impatient with this section and don't wait long enough for her to do her thing.

Were you near the exit door when you killed the last hunter? I made sure to be nowhere near the door during the last wave of hunters and got her to tell the jokes first shot. It took several minutes for her to stop wandering around but she eventually went to the camp site and whipped out the book. I always wonder if people just get impatient with this section and don't wait long enough for her to do her thing.

One time I was upstairs near the door, the other 2 times I was downstairs. In all cases I waited around for at least 5 minutes which really should be more than enough time for the event to trigger. I waited around the mattress / fire barrel area upstairs. In the end I just saved and reloaded, went back to the mattress, and she told the jokes within 30 seconds.

It's pretty quirky, I had the same issue on PS3, took ages to get it to trigger. I think it's one of those things where you have to be in exactly the right place at exactly the right time and not moving around. If you miss being in the right spot even by a little then she won't do it, which is annoying to say the least.

Had a similar experience with Joke #3 (Skinny Model). Stood on the sidewalk by the poster and had the optional conversation, stayed there while she wandered around for several minutes. Waited some more, nothing. She just stood on the street with her back to me. Stepped onto the street (1 or 2 feet away) and she immediately started the jokes.... :wall:

I want to bitch about not having enough money to buy and enjoy this before summer ends. :(

Had a 360 before I switched to PS4 so I never got to enjoy this game.

I'm slightly jealous of you. When you do get around to playing it (you are going to get it for PS4 right?!) you get to experience it's awesome-ness for the first time. And nothing beats the first time :D

I'm slightly jealous of you. When you do get around to playing it (you are going to get it for PS4 right?!) you get to experience it's awesome-ness for the first time. And nothing beats the first time :D

That's what everyone says. Indeed I am! I want to say screw it, buy it while I have two straight weeks to play it, and deal with the money issues later. Whether I do or not, my first time playing it will indeed be on the PS4.

Matchmaking and the game crashing...

I'm not surprised that playstation fans are too loyal to the Naughty Dog name to really complain about it.. But, it's fking annoying.

You won't find many people who like TLoU more than I do but I have no problem complaining about the matchmaking on PS4. It's atrocious right now. I started a search, turned away to work on some videos and before I knew its pent 20 minutes had gone by and I still wasn't matched up. Quit the game and got in in about 5 minutes.

You know what has probably annoyed me the most so far about this game.

The fact that so many of the players are so dumb, and I just don't get how they can even understand the story, let alone even turn on a ps4.

There should be automatic bans for anyone who starts another thread asking dumb questions that have been answered in god knows how many other threads. :whistle:

And saying 'I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it in my favourites section of my browser', like it should automatically be downloaded to their browser on purchase of the game, doesn't count!

Anyways, rant over.

Edited by BaSHee26

Okay I'll go, but let me preface this with saying that TLoU is the best game I have ever played, so when I'm bitching it's because I love it so much even though I'm really bad at playing it :D

I was in the infamous bookstore and had to clear the area to get Ellie to tell her joke. It's 3 guys outside, 4 on the bottom floor, 4 on the top floor. I proceed to strangle the guys outside, stealthy, stealthy, then the guys on the bottom floor, still stealthy, no one noticed me. I hate this section because it takes sooo insanely long and I manage to mess it up all the time. This time, I was in 30 minutes to the last checkpoint, but it began to be easy, the guys on the top floor are spaced apart easy enough, killed one with the bow, strangled two others. Then there's the last guy. I may have cackled with glee while sneaking up to him - he suspects nothing, is easy prey. 35 minutes since the last checkpoint. I sneak up to him, grab him... but instead of strangling him, Joel tosses him on the floor/breaks his neck? Ah whatever, I think, he's dead, I only had to use one arrow and saved all other ammunition. YES! :dance:

I proceed to that camp in the middle of the floor where Ellie is supposed to tell her jokes. Suddenly, she cries out, and a hunter is right in front of me, trying to beat the crap out of me :eek: Three friends right beside him, shooting at me from all sides. WTF? I escape, barely, shooting one guy, smashing another with my pipe, patch me up, shoot another guy (who explodes because he was about to throw a molotov, heh), melee the last one to death. Phew. 40 minutes since the last checkpoint, no melee weapon, barely any ammo, no health kit left.

I guess since I didn't take down the last guy stealthily enough, the game decided to spawn four more guys on me? I HATE it when the game does that.

At least, afterwards Ellie promptly proceeded to tell her joke and the trophy popped. But ack, one more hit and I would have had to replay the whole section AGAIN.

Now on to the hotel... :2walls: maybe I can sneak through.

Yeah after further consideration (and watching a walkthrough) I think it's scripted in the bookstore as well. Next playthrough I'll just stealth through the area.

I think that's not good design in a stealth game where knowing where everybody is is so important. Oh well.

Managed the hotel without a hitch, Financial District next. Joy. At least I know about the Financial Disctrict spawn (that part with the rifle) and won't be surprised by them this time - almost killed me the last time as well but that was on my easy playthrough so it didn't matter too much.