XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 07-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #1
Agios19

Default Help with the conversations (36/37)

So every other trophy popped when it should, except for the conversations one.

I finished the game -twice- and I'm stuck in 36/37, second time did all the conversations. So before I lose my patience I have a couple of questions:

-Can anyone confirm if chapter select works for this?

-Do I have to repeat every chapter up the last conversation of it then move to the next, or do you suggest starting a new game (0/37 count, easier to track).

-Also, after hearing a conversation, can I return to the menu and load another chapter or do I have to reach a checkpoint for it to unlock/save/count?

-Is there any chance that although I listen to the glitched conversation, it may not count -again-, therefore I will move on and ignore it?

-People who fixed this, do we have any clue about the most elusive of the conversations so that I focus on them first?

(I checked the university firefly graffiti one, that's not the buggy one)

Yes I know it's been stated again and again and I am sorry but I can't find a solid answer, and frustration has taken the best of me. Please help.
Agios19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:01 AM   #2
dz06lt

Awards Showcase 10,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

watch the video to try to see which one seems out of place. Honestly I missed 5 my first playthrough I could tell exactly which ones they were. With the last one you will not need to go to the next checkpoint.

9 PS4 Now Playing Destiny; 101 PS3 Now Playing None; 90 Xbox360 Now Playing None. 1 XB1

dz06lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:32 AM   #3
Vanquish23

OP, I'm in the same boat my friend... I'm going through my Normal++ playthrough (I stupidly left my weapon upgrades to the El Diablo so I have to play all the way to the Hydroelectric Dam in order to get the weapon upgrades trophy) and I'm also using this as an opportunity to re-do all the convos...

...however, I'm already past Pittsburgh and nothing yet.

I was first stuck at 35/37, and I got my 36th in the big shootout area in Pittsburgh (where Ellie is using a rifle for the first time up above) and after it's cleared, you have to approach a dead man hanging from a tree. I somehow missed that on my first playthrough. The rest, I have no idea if I've missed any. I don't think so. I'm hoping it's not a glitch...
Vanquish23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
trent82

I posted this in another thread, but I would suggest trying to do the 29th one from the guide over again. It worked for me. You can trigger it at 2 different locations. One is featured in the video and another is not. On my first time through, I did the one on the right which is not in the video and it didn't count. I went back through and did the one on the left (the one shown in the video in the guide), and it unlocked the trophy. I did this via chapter select.

I don't know if it would be worth the effort, but it seems like we should compile a list of the most commonly missed/glitched conversations. Mine was number 29 at the university. I've seen others mention the dead body by the car in Pittsburgh and the dead body by the elevator in the winter chapter.

And I would just like to say that these collecting/conversation/locked door trophies added absolutely nothing positive to the overall experience. People who don't care about trophies ignored them and people who do care had a pretty lousy trophy hunt in a game that deserved better.
trent82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #5
8BitArtist

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

if thats your last trophy for plat, id just delete your game data. no point in doing a 3rd play through if its already glitched. might as well start fresh on an easy run.

CHECK OUT MY ART:
follow me on instagram http://instagram.com/8bit_artist

like me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/8BitPixelPaintings
8BitArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #6
homerjnick

But can you use Chapter Select? I have finished my NG+ run through and too on 36/37 conversations...thankfully I know which one I missed...it's the two bodies in the bathtub in the Hotel Lobby...I jumped through the window before opening the safe and the window closes up after you jump through it meaning you can't backtrack...missed Ellie's joke there too...
Old 07-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #7
dz06lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerjnick View Post
But can you use Chapter Select? I have finished my NG+ run through and too on 36/37 conversations...thankfully I know which one I missed...it's the two bodies in the bathtub in the Hotel Lobby...I jumped through the window before opening the safe and the window closes up after you jump through it meaning you can't backtrack...missed Ellie's joke there too...
yes you can, at least for the jokes. I did, so I know that works. I don't see why it wouldn't work for the convo's too. I suspect you will need to play to the last checkpoint as long as its not your last one

9 PS4 Now Playing Destiny; 101 PS3 Now Playing None; 90 Xbox360 Now Playing None. 1 XB1

Old 07-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #8
graffix13

Quote:
Originally Posted by trent82 View Post
I don't know if it would be worth the effort, but it seems like we should compile a list of the most commonly missed/glitched conversations. Mine was number 29 at the university. I've seen others mention the dead body by the car in Pittsburgh and the dead body by the elevator in the winter chapter.
This would be nice. The one in Pittsburgh with the body by the car glitched on me.
graffix13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #9
Agios19

Thanks for the answers guys, I guess I will try the dead body by the car again and if this doesn't work I will start an easy speedrun on a new save file, checking again and again the statistics after every conversation.
Agios19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #10
dz06lt

I had an issue with the "dart" conversation not saving the first time