Help with the conversations (36/37)

Agios19

So every other trophy popped when it should, except for the conversations one.

I finished the game -twice- and I'm stuck in 36/37, second time did all the conversations. So before I lose my patience I have a couple of questions:

-Can anyone confirm if chapter select works for this?

-Do I have to repeat every chapter up the last conversation of it then move to the next, or do you suggest starting a new game (0/37 count, easier to track).

-Also, after hearing a conversation, can I return to the menu and load another chapter or do I have to reach a checkpoint for it to unlock/save/count?

-Is there any chance that although I listen to the glitched conversation, it may not count -again-, therefore I will move on and ignore it?

-People who fixed this, do we have any clue about the most elusive of the conversations so that I focus on them first?

(I checked the university firefly graffiti one, that's not the buggy one)

Yes I know it's been stated again and again and I am sorry but I can't find a solid answer, and frustration has taken the best of me. Please help. :(

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, I'm in the same boat my friend... I'm going through my Normal++ playthrough (I stupidly left my weapon upgrades to the El Diablo so I have to play all the way to the Hydroelectric Dam in order to get the weapon upgrades trophy) and I'm also using this as an opportunity to re-do all the convos...

...however, I'm already past Pittsburgh and nothing yet.

I was first stuck at 35/37, and I got my 36th in the big shootout area in Pittsburgh (where Ellie is using a rifle for the first time up above) and after it's cleared, you have to approach a dead man hanging from a tree. I somehow missed that on my first playthrough. The rest, I have no idea if I've missed any. I don't think so. I'm hoping it's not a glitch...

I posted this in another thread, but I would suggest trying to do the 29th one from the guide over again. It worked for me. You can trigger it at 2 different locations. One is featured in the video and another is not. On my first time through, I did the one on the right which is not in the video and it didn't count. I went back through and did the one on the left (the one shown in the video in the guide), and it unlocked the trophy. I did this via chapter select.

I don't know if it would be worth the effort, but it seems like we should compile a list of the most commonly missed/glitched conversations. Mine was number 29 at the university. I've seen others mention the dead body by the car in Pittsburgh and the dead body by the elevator in the winter chapter.

And I would just like to say that these collecting/conversation/locked door trophies added absolutely nothing positive to the overall experience. People who don't care about trophies ignored them and people who do care had a pretty lousy trophy hunt in a game that deserved better.

But can you use Chapter Select? I have finished my NG+ run through and too on 36/37 conversations...thankfully I know which one I missed...it's the two bodies in the bathtub in the Hotel Lobby...I jumped through the window before opening the safe and the window closes up after you jump through it meaning you can't backtrack...missed Ellie's joke there too...

But can you use Chapter Select? I have finished my NG+ run through and too on 36/37 conversations...thankfully I know which one I missed...it's the two bodies in the bathtub in the Hotel Lobby...I jumped through the window before opening the safe and the window closes up after you jump through it meaning you can't backtrack...missed Ellie's joke there too...

yes you can, at least for the jokes. I did, so I know that works. I don't see why it wouldn't work for the convo's too. I suspect you will need to play to the last checkpoint as long as its not your last one

I don't know if it would be worth the effort, but it seems like we should compile a list of the most commonly missed/glitched conversations. Mine was number 29 at the university. I've seen others mention the dead body by the car in Pittsburgh and the dead body by the elevator in the winter chapter.

This would be nice. The one in Pittsburgh with the body by the car glitched on me.

Thanks for the answers guys, I guess I will try the dead body by the car again and if this doesn't work I will start an easy speedrun on a new save file, checking again and again the statistics after every conversation.

Okay, so I had this same problem too of 36/37. My first playthrough I was not following a guide and missed like 8 of them or so. I then did new game + on survivor and I followed the guide, so I was positive I got every single one of them, but no trophy popped. I did chapter select and eventually found my glitched conversation to be in the boy's room with Ellie during the Bill chapter. I'm positive I got it the second playthrough, but I also know that I missed it my first playthrough. I can confirm though that chapter select works for it. It really sucks that this trophy seems so glitchy.

Okay, so I had this same problem too of 36/37. My first playthrough I was not following a guide and missed like 8 of them or so. I then did new game + on survivor and I followed the guide, so I was positive I got every single one of them, but no trophy popped. I did chapter select and eventually found my glitched conversation to be in the boy's room with Ellie during the Bill chapter. I'm positive I got it the second playthrough, but I also know that I missed it my first playthrough. I can confirm though that chapter select works for it. It really sucks that this trophy seems so glitchy.

That is not a glitch, if you rush in and then out ellie will still ask to talk however joel will say "not now ellie" I missed this one too because of this

That is not a glitch, if you rush in and then out ellie will still ask to talk however joel will say "not now ellie" I missed this one too because of this

Can you elaborate a little more on that specific conversation? I'm in the same boat... first playthrough I only missed 10 of them, followed a guide for my 3rd playthrough and I know for a fact I got all of them but my counter still shows 36 for some reason... this really sucks.. I only need 4 trophies for the platinum..

Can you elaborate a little more on that specific conversation? I'm in the same boat... first playthrough I only missed 10 of them, followed a guide for my 3rd playthrough and I know for a fact I got all of them but my counter still shows 36 for some reason... this really sucks.. I only need 4 trophies for the platinum..

After you escape the high school you will come to an alley with some sleeping runners directly in front of you. As you make your way through this area eventually you will across a house with an empty pool in the backyard as you enter the house and search it go upstairs. In the room with the bunk bed and the little boys diary you need to stop in there and wait for ellie to talk to you. If you rush joel just brushes her off, this conversation is about Tess death.

Skip to 3:00 in powerPyx's guide video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk1M3dr7OjM]The Last of Us - All Optional Conversations Locations (I want to talk about it Trophy Guide) - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by dz06lt

After you escape the high school you will come to an alley with some sleeping runners directly in front of you. As you make your way through this area eventually you will across a house with an empty pool in the backyard as you enter the house and search it go upstairs. In the room with the bunk bed and the little boys diary you need to stop in there and wait for ellie to talk to you. If you rush joel just brushes her off, this conversation is about Tess death.

Skip to 3:00 in powerPyx's guide video

Mhm, I may have to check back for that one... I have to do a NG++ to upgrade my Shorty anyway so >.> ugh, stupid glitches and shit...

Yeah that's what he said my first playthrough, but the second playthrough I am 100% positive I got the conversation to properly activate, yet it still did not count toward the trophy, so there must be some sort of a glitch in the stats tracking.

Well I completed my NG+...then loaded up Chapter Select and went to the Hotel Lobby section and got Ellie's last joke...trophy popped for that...then a bit further the one conversation I missed was the bodies in the bath which I did and the trophy popped...

Glad that glitchiness is over! Still haven't upgraded all guns yet though and I've done two playthrough's...thankfully it is just the hunting rifle left to upgrade so don't need to go far in a third playthrough...then I can move onto Survivor...

Well I completed my NG+...then loaded up Chapter Select and went to the Hotel Lobby section and got Ellie's last joke...trophy popped for that...then a bit further the one conversation I missed was the bodies in the bath which I did and the trophy popped...

Glad that glitchiness is over! Still haven't upgraded all guns yet though and I've done two playthrough's...thankfully it is just the hunting rifle left to upgrade so don't need to go far in a third playthrough...then I can move onto Survivor...

Good luck w/ that... I just fully upgraded my Shorty and the trophy appears to be glitched for me... luckily I didn't save just in case I end up finding a fix...