XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 07-02-2013, 04:34 AM   #1
Vanquish23

Default I Want to Talk About It Trophy (all optional conversations)

Question:
Do you have to engage in all optional conversations in sequential order on the same save file?

I never received the trophy and so I may have missed a conversation somewhere in Pittsburgh.

This Save Game system is so screwy; I'm using the same save file I got all the collectibles, comics, artifacts, and pendants with but if I jump to an older chapter all the totals get reset so I'm really confused...
Vanquish23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:37 AM   #2
Warbear

Send a message via Skype™ to Warbear

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Platinum   2,500 Posts   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Member of the Month Winner   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Gold   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Helping Hand   Bronzer Than Nothing   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanquish23 View Post
Question:
Do you have to engage in all optional conversations in sequential order on the same save file?

I never received the trophy and so I may have missed a conversation somewhere in Pittsburgh.

This Save Game system is so screwy; I'm using the same save file I got all the collectibles, comics, artifacts, and pendants with but if I jump to an older chapter all the totals get reset so I'm really confused...
Nope. I got my trophy to unlock on my third playthrough on my 3rd save file. I also got it in the University so I didn't do them in order. I'm pretty sure the conversations stack across all playthroughs, but only if it's new game +.

Warbear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:55 AM   #3
Vanquish23

Thanks. Do you guys know if there is any tracking system (as there is for comics, artifacts, etc. in the Chapters select screen) for the Optional Conversations? I have 36 and I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure out which one is the final one!
Vanquish23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #4
jaesub

Awards Showcase THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   1,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Quote:
Thanks. Do you guys know if there is any tracking system (as there is for comics, artifacts, etc. in the Chapters select screen) for the Optional Conversations? I have 36 and I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure out which one is the final one!
As far as I know, there is no way to keep track of the optional conversations. I luckily wrote the 2 I was missing down.

Good Luck!
Old 07-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
Rawanz

Send a message via Skype™ to Rawanz

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
There is no way to know which conversation or joke you have done. If you dont remember, then you have to do them all again for a safety. The tracking only works for comics and other collectibles.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #6
matthew700

I'm missing a few optional conversations, so instead of replying chapters until I might find the missing one, I can continue with another play through ( new game + ) and hopefully get the trophy by pure elimination.

Also, I know this is kind of off topic, but does this work with the shiv doors
matthew700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #7
Rawanz

Send a message via Skype™ to Rawanz

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew700 View Post
I'm missing a few optional conversations, so instead of replying chapters until I might find the missing one, I can continue with another play through ( new game + ) and hopefully get the trophy by pure elimination.

Also, I know this is kind of off topic, but does this work with the shiv doors
It should do, yes.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:58 AM   #8
dz06lt

Awards Showcase 10,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
just watch the video in the guide, I was able to tell right away which coversations I missed

9 PS4 Now Playing Destiny; 101 PS3 Now Playing None; 90 Xbox360 Now Playing GTA San Andreas. 1 XB1

dz06lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:52 AM   #9
Philoctetes

I seem to be stuck on 34 conversations, despite following the guide. I don't get what I'm doing wrong.
Philoctetes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #10
matthew700

I'm exactly at 34 as well and I followed the guide perfectly.

SPOILERS

I think it might had glitched after you start up the car in Bills Town, because when I died the " Note to Bill", came up in the corner. It was like I didn't activate that optional conversation.
matthew700 is offline   Reply With Quote