I Want to Talk About It Trophy (all optional conversations)

Vanquish23

Question:

Do you have to engage in all optional conversations in sequential order on the same save file?

I never received the trophy and so I may have missed a conversation somewhere in Pittsburgh.

This Save Game system is so screwy; I'm using the same save file I got all the collectibles, comics, artifacts, and pendants with but if I jump to an older chapter all the totals get reset so I'm really confused...

Question:

Do you have to engage in all optional conversations in sequential order on the same save file?

I never received the trophy and so I may have missed a conversation somewhere in Pittsburgh.

This Save Game system is so screwy; I'm using the same save file I got all the collectibles, comics, artifacts, and pendants with but if I jump to an older chapter all the totals get reset so I'm really confused...

Nope. I got my trophy to unlock on my third playthrough on my 3rd save file. I also got it in the University so I didn't do them in order. I'm pretty sure the conversations stack across all playthroughs, but only if it's new game +.

Thanks. Do you guys know if there is any tracking system (as there is for comics, artifacts, etc. in the Chapters select screen) for the Optional Conversations? I have 36 and I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure out which one is the final one!

Thanks. Do you guys know if there is any tracking system (as there is for comics, artifacts, etc. in the Chapters select screen) for the Optional Conversations? I have 36 and I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure out which one is the final one!

As far as I know, there is no way to keep track of the optional conversations. I luckily wrote the 2 I was missing down.

Good Luck!

There is no way to know which conversation or joke you have done. If you dont remember, then you have to do them all again for a safety. The tracking only works for comics and other collectibles.

I'm missing a few optional conversations, so instead of replying chapters until I might find the missing one, I can continue with another play through ( new game + ) and hopefully get the trophy by pure elimination. :dance:

Also, I know this is kind of off topic, but does this work with the shiv doors :think:

I'm missing a few optional conversations, so instead of replying chapters until I might find the missing one, I can continue with another play through ( new game + ) and hopefully get the trophy by pure elimination. :dance:

Also, I know this is kind of off topic, but does this work with the shiv doors :think:

It should do, yes.

just watch the video in the guide, I was able to tell right away which coversations I missed

I'm exactly at 34 as well and I followed the guide perfectly. :think:

SPOILERS

I think it might had glitched after you start up the car in Bills Town, because when I died the " Note to Bill", came up in the corner. It was like I didn't activate that optional conversation. :confused:

Does anyone know if there is a 'time limit' on how long a conversation will be open?

I only ask because I missed my second one (I missed my first way in the beginning with Tess, before using a guide), which is conversation #14, after getting your first comic book. I was looking at the comic for a minute, and then I decided to get off the bus and Ellie was standing next to the white car with the body but no converstation prompt.

I figured I either took to long to get to her and hit :triangle: or the game just glitched on me. I'll just have to get it on my Survivor+ run I suppose.

I haven't downloaded/installed the patch yet either.

I don't think there's a time limit, but you can certainly miss it if you go to far. The one I had issues getting was the airline billboard in Bus Depot because Ellie would either stop before or walk past it. For some reason I couldn't get her to stop at it. They are only available when both you and the object you are interacting with are together. So if it's another human, such as Ellie, she needs to be at the exact spot.

Edited by PS4Trophies Wozamil