Survivor mode - hardest part opinions

Linxleader

The parts I was really worried about weren't actually all that hard. Then again, I was always sure to conserve ammo for when these parts come up and learned better strats than what I had used on normal.

For myself, in the Hunt, the part where you have to sneak past the clickers is really easy if you just run straight for the ladder. The wave of enemies are easy to dodge if you keep moving and funnel them down the long corridor.

For the tunnel, I hit the bloaters with some mollys and finished them off with my rifle, and just climbed one of the trucks and when all the other infected rushed me, just burned them with the flamethrower before they could get up to me.

For survivor mode the parts that were "difficult" were the must fight areas for me.

The school gym was a little tough cause I was really low on ammo, so there was a lot of running around trying to get the bloater, but it wasn't really hard. Just have to be patient.

In the subway in Salt Lake, you can sneak past everything. It took some timing to get used to it and where to place the distraction, but I did that part without killing anything but the three sleeping in the one side hallway. It took time to figure it out.

The fight with the cannibal with you. The last part was difficult again because of ammo. I had to do it a bunch of times to get the exact right result so that I had just enough bullets in the rifle to finish off the bloater at the end after I set his rear on fire with a fire bomb.

Those three were the most memorable to me for any difficulty and it was just trial and error till I figured out the right way to get through. The rest lf the survivor was mostly just sneaking around enemies.

P.s. I may have gotten lucky on the part where you are with the other kid. There was a lot of infected in there but from the start, I just ran straight to the ladder and up. I never even got touched.

Edited by Etchesketch

Kind of shocked at all the people that have issues in the underground tunnel. You don't have to do a whole lot of shooting, in fact, with just 1 arrow. you can EASILY get past it.... I even wrote an entire how to in that tunnel. 2 arrows is preferable... but 1 is doable.

Honestly. hardest part of survivor... Hmm that's tough actually, since it was all pretty simple to get past..

Think really the hunt zone's attack waves were the biggest pain, and even then it was only a few extra tries.

I struggled on the Pittsburgh level where you start off behind some cover and there's a man hanging from a tree. You've pretty much got to do it all stealth.

For this part i just stealthed my way to the back of the stage where you get to leave in the end. Stayed behind the crate where you get the parts and i was stealth killing one by one. I found this spot after many tries in my first survivor run and worked very for my second run.

Also about the subway tunnel i stealthed all the way to the end, staying in middle at first part, then to the left and moving very slowly past the bloaters.

The part with henry i had a lot of trouble first run. My second run just killed everyone with shotty and shotgun.

The hunt in the end i died some times but the trick is to survive to the bloater with one molotov and one nail bomb. It takes those 2 to die, so make sure you have one of those or 2 molotovs and you are ok.

I had serious problems with firefly lab at my first run because i didnt have ammo and there were so many enemies to stealth kill and the checkpoints are kinda far. At my second run i stealthed all the way to the end without killing anyone except some guys before last door where i just run for it.

I just finished on Survivor about 10 minutes ago myself. It was frustrating in some parts but not near as hard as I imagined. Since this game is from ND I was expecting Survivor to be like the Uncharted's Crushing which is freakin insane. By far the most trouble I had on my playthrough was playing with Ellie in the Mine area. I don't know if I just had bad luck panicked in such a small space or what but I think during the entire time I died like 50-60 times. Granted about half those were because I missed a few shots and just decided to die because ammo was so scarce. The hospital was about 1000% easier than I thought it would be.

I died once and the first floor because I was stupid and not at all on 2nd. I see people having trouble with the tunnel before the hospital. And I don't know everyone's situation but I blew through that place easily. I hope people aren't forgetting about the Flamethrower. Even on Survivor it just owns the Infected. Will kill any of in one burn except Bloaters and they take 3. But while they are flailing around they won't throw bombs so you can just light them on fire again when they stop burning.

I've not played Survivor yet but the sewers were a pain in the arse on Hard, I'm really dreading doing that on Survivor. Up to the University now I imagine there's not much left at this point so I'll probably finish it tonight (unless I'm wrong) then I'll start on Survivor.

Edited by mememe223

I recorded a video for TheFlyingToaster and BreadSkin for their guide which highlights what I found to be the more difficult sections. http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/last-us/201751-last-us-trophy-guide-road-map.html#post3695893

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIg-ahjhfSs]The Last of Us ~ Survivor Tips and Strategies for the Most Difficult Sections - YouTube[/ame]

Chapter 2 - Docks Area (0:11)

Chapter 3 - First Downtown Building Encounter(3:24)

Chapter 3 - Capitol Building (5:39)

Chapter 4 - Outside school (7:56)

Chapter 4 - School Gymnasium Bloater Encounter (10:15)

Chapter 5 - Hotel Rooms (10:50)

Chapter 5 - Beginning of Financial District (13:37)

Chapter 5 - Spotlight area (22:53)

Chapter 6 - Large area with tons of enemies in Sewer (25:31)

Chapter 6 - Final defense in the sewers before escaping (26:25)

Chapter 6 - Sniper Section(27:23)

Chapter 9 - First defense area with David (29:26)

Chapter 9 - Defense at elevator (32:12)

Chapter 9 - Beach area (35:08)

Chapter 9 - Resort Lodge (37:21)

Chapter 9 - Ellie Snow Area (39:03)

Chapter 10 - Tunnel section (41:47)

Chapter 11 - First floor of hospital (44:22)

Chapter 11 - Top floor of hospital (48:14)

i'm stuck in the tunnel when it's spring... there is 3 blowers. and I don't have ammo to kill them

All I used against the bloaters was a molotov. Seriously. Threw a bottle, and they all gathered together, then I chucked a molotov at them. One or two of the clickers/runners died, one bloater went down, and the others were mostly wounded. Threw another bottle to the side and snuck past. :)

I struggled on the Pittsburgh level where you start off behind some cover and there's a man hanging from a tree. You've pretty much got to do it all stealth.

Go to the building on your right from the start. Go upstairs, go outside, kill sniper, go back into previous building. Kill enemy with brick/bottle/fists/gun upstairs.

Hide behind couch. Enemies come up 1 by 1 until they're all dead.. you take 0 damage, waste 0 supplies. This area is so jokingly simple, I wonder if the AI is completely braindead... Hmm pile of 10 of my buddies.. better investigate... alone, y'all wait here.

On that part,... I actually think of the AI as very equivalent to this wonderful scene...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCeD2gF9jUo]Light Grenade - YouTube[/ame]

Absolutely, without a doubt, the part in chapter five where you start outside 3 three enemies and then have to clear an entire 2 floors of bad guys to hear Ellie's joke. This was the only time I missed the hearing ability. I went like +20 mins without a checkpoint during this section.

Absolutely, without a doubt, the part in chapter five where you start outside 3 three enemies and then have to clear an entire 2 floors of bad guys to hear Ellie's joke. This was the only time I missed the hearing ability. I went like +20 mins without a checkpoint during this section.

i hated that part, it was annoying.

That is precisely why its much easier to do that trophy on an easier difficulty. If you already have that, you just need to sneak up behind the lone guy guarding the back entrance bypassing everything else.