Easiest way to get the MP Trophies (Fireflies & Hunters)

DeGarmo2

8/4/14 EDIT: Other users have confirmed that this method also works on PS4. I have not had the time to confirm it myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My apologies if this has already been mentioned. I did a quick check and haven't seen this mentioned anywhere.

ADDED EDIT: Some people have complained about my explanation of this method as being confusing. I admit I was a little wordy in trying to explain it, so here are the very basic steps.

1) Play a full game online to build up survivors.

2) "Skip a day" - Go into another online game. Once you are playing in the online game, hit start and select "Leave Game". When you get back to the online menu, you'll notice the time on your MP journey has advanced one day.

3) Keep skipping days as long as you have 5 or more survivors (but be careful if they're all sick)

4) When you have under 5 survivors, play a full game to build up survivors again.

5) Keep repeating

NOTE: When a 'mission' arises, do NOT complete it. The only missions you should attempt to complete are the missions that have a 100% population risk, because if you fail these, you have to restart.

And when attempting the 100% population risk missions, only select the easiest missions, like 3 downs (overall or with any weapon you're good with) or marks or heals.

See below for a further explanation of this method...

Yesterday, I started working on the MP trophies and I didn't realize until I read into it that the Fireflies and Hunters trophies are LONG DAMN TROPHIES! Typically, they take 84 matches to achieve each, but I have found a way to cut this down to about 30 matches.

As you all know, you must have at least 1 survivor in your clan at all times or your game will restart back to Week 1, Day 1. This is only 1 real threat to losing your entire clan - those 100% population threats. So, the only thing you have to focus on is making sure you succeed in those missions. So, how do you cut it down to about 30 missions? It's simple:

Whenever you leave a game, it skips a day! (EDIT: by leave, I mean hit start and select "Leave Game". You do NOT need to quit out to the XMB). So, all you have to do is build up your supplies (and thus, survivors) in one day, then skip 3-4 days. Now I'll admit with the long startup time to each match, it's not perfect, but it's MUCH faster than playing through every match. (I felt like one time when I left a match immediately, it didn't count as a day, so from then on I always made sure to wait 5-10 seconds into a match before quitting)(but I honestly don't know if it made a difference or not).

Also, this is pretty important: Whenever you have any mission that is NOT the 100% population threat, do NOT use an 'easy' one. I actually skipped all (except the 100% pop. threat) missions as they aren't important at all. (Remember, all you need is at least 1 survivor at all times!) The reason you want to save the 'easy' missions is so you guarantee that you don't lose 100% of your population and have to start from Week 1. Also, I found the 'marking' task to be the easiest for me, seeing how marking someone is crazy easy., even if you aren't the best at multiplayer.

I hope this helps everyone!

Edited by DeGarmo2
Adding clarity, & updating info for PS4 version.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tip DeGarmo2! I'll definitely try this out when I get the chance.

Just one question though; when you say "quit" the match, you mean to go to the XMB and quit the game from there right?

Razkal is right. Don't quit the game out to XMB. Just once you are in the game, hit start and select Leave game. When you get back to the MP screen, the time will have advanced one day, but your survivors will go down (but it doesn't really matter as long as you have 1, altho I never went lower than 4, just to be safe).

lol, this method is gonna piss off a lot of people online...but I'll still do it. Thanks OP!

Lol I thought of that, but that's more on Naughty Dog forcing us to play 168 matches! But I don't know if it'll piss people off. I never got all that upset when someone left a game I was playing. The slot is usually filled pretty quickly.

But if i have only 1 survivor on 100%threat the game leave 20% for sure, is game over? Sorry but i don't understand :D

No, you have to play at least one of the 100% threat challenge matches anyway, at which point, if you only have 1, or a few people in your clan, just finishing the match/matches will give you a pretty big increase so by the time the third day comes up, you'll have more than enough people to lose.

Thanks for the find OP, almost done my Firefly journey, will be doing this with Hunters.

Edited by Arcade23

No, you have to play at least one of the 100% threat challenge matches anyway, at which point, if you only have 1, or a few people in your clan, just finishing the match/matches will give you a pretty big increase so by the time the third day comes up, you'll have more than enough people to lose.

Thanks for the find OP, almost done my Firefly journey, will be doing this with Hunters.

Thank's :)

Lol I thought of that, but that's more on Naughty Dog forcing us to play 168 matches! But I don't know if it'll piss people off. I never got all that upset when someone left a game I was playing. The slot is usually filled pretty quickly.

You'd be upset if that person was the host and you weren't ready or expecting to advance a day with no supplys... Killing your clan and starting you back at week one. This is probably why I've lost connection so much recently...

You'd be upset if that person was the host and you weren't ready or expecting to advance a day with no supplys... Killing your clan and starting you back at week one. This is probably why I've lost connection so much recently...

Good point, maybe I won't be doing this on my hunters run, never know if I'm the host or not.