Rate the trophy difficulty...  

646 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_6.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.90

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I don't think that achieving Platinum will be that hard. I have already completed the game on Survivor as of last night, and I'm currently working on Survivor+.

The only in game trophy I'm also working on is the 'Everything We've been through'.

I achieved most of the other ones, mainly the collectables, in one playthrough.

Other than those two, the only others I need are the online ones and thats it.

Side Note: This game is amazing, so its well worth the multiple playthroughs to achieve the desire plat.

I am very interested to start seeing these votes. I am about ready to start this but I am waiting to find out what kind of time commitment is needed :D

Took me 17hrs on normal, but I was using the guide to get all collectables/shivs

I assume about the same on survivor since you prob have to do 90% of the game on stealth. So 40-50hrs just on single player?!

Took me 17hrs on normal, but I was using the guide to get all collectables/shivs

I assume about the same on survivor since you prob have to do 90% of the game on stealth. So 40-50hrs just on single player?!

Took me 11 hours on easy while collecting everything/opening shivs/all jokes/35 conversations, I'm on chapter 5 on survivor at just 3 hours and 16 minutes, so I would say survivor will take about 10 hours tops, then survivor plus about 8 since you are upgraded, then depending if you have to do another playthrough to upgrade everything, you can get through that in about 6 hours, so yeah, 40 to 50 singleplayer, and then the online will take about 30 hours, so we are looking at a 70 hour platinum I believe.

So I'm just at the epilogue now on Survivor plus. (8 hours/15 minutes)

I have to say though, that even with all the upgrades, stealth still plays a huge part.

Ammo is a little bit scarce (unless I wasn't looking hard enough) so you have to try and avoid combat as much as possible, which can be hard.

Now just have to get MP trophies and I have Plat.

Game was totally worth three playthroughs.

So I'm just at the epilogue now on Survivor plus. (8 hours/15 minutes) I have to say though, that even with all the upgrades, stealth still plays a huge part.

How much are you avoiding combat, if I may ask? I'm currently doing my NG+ on Normal for all the collectibles and I feel like I'm going through it pretty quickly, but I'm about 8 hours in and just arrived at the Dam. If you're at the Epilogue within 9 hours... then I almost have to assume you are bypassing a lot of areas with enemies (and therefore skipping a lot of items, too). Am I right?

How much are you avoiding combat, if I may ask? I'm currently doing my NG+ on Normal for all the collectibles and I feel like I'm going through it pretty quickly, but I'm about 8 hours in and just arrived at the Dam. If you're at the Epilogue within 9 hours... then I almost have to assume you are bypassing a lot of areas with enemies (and therefore skipping a lot of items, too). Am I right?

If you skip enjoying scenery and just do objective plus mashing triangle to collect items than you can complete it even in 7 hours.

And i think he does/ you dont need items when you skip fight on survivor :)

I didnt vote yet but it will be something around 5, but one thing can do the differnce . multiplayer, if you do it without game over the platinum difficulty should be 5 for for you ( survivor included) but if you die somewhere in week 10-12 it should make your difficulty rating much higher.

I barely did any fighting.

Correct. I rarely fought at all during Survivor+, except where necessary.

I have to say though that I should have collected more items when playing it. By the time I got to the Firefly lab, I had barely any items; enough to make 2 health packs and shivs when necessary.

Stealth was what I used alot, and Joels hearing. By this time, my hearing had already been maxed out so I could easily detect enemies and this allowed me to find alternate routes.

Glass bottles and bricks served me well throughout this difficulty too. I would throw them to gather clickers and runners to them, then unleash either Molotov's or nail bombs to kill all in one go, but only when I had no other choice.

I barely did any fighting.

Correct. I rarely fought at all during Survivor+, except where necessary.

I have to say though that I should have collected more items when playing it. By the time I got to the Firefly lab, I had barely any items; enough to make 2 health packs and shivs when necessary.

Stealth was what I used alot, and Joels hearing. By this time, my hearing had already been maxed out so I could easily detect enemies and this allowed me to find alternate routes.

Glass bottles and bricks served me well throughout this difficulty too. I would throw them to gather clickers and runners to them, then unleash either Molotov's or nail bombs to kill all in one go, but only when I had no other choice.

Strange.. does Survivor+ unlock Joel's hearing, because on survivor.. I have no hearing....

No. I got confused lol. :p

I meant on the other difficulties I used his hearing.

I used Stealth constantly. That and my upgraded melee weapons etc to cause max damage when forced too.

But seriously though, it does take a lot of concentration to avoid fights. Like when sneaking past clickers/runners.

In the University where the Bloater is. It kept on catching me whenever I tried to sneak past. I finally figured out that I was pushing the analogue stick too hard when crouching, so I was gently pushing it forward.

Side note: Has anyone noticed how the human enemies are alot harder to beat that the runners/clickers? Even on the lesser difficulties, they were the ones that kept killing me.

Side note: Has anyone noticed how the human enemies are alot harder to beat that the runners/clickers? Even on the lesser difficulties, they were the ones that kept killing me.

Humans tend to call in TONS of backup if you get into a brawl with them, while the runners/clickers just come with what was in the area, and have no long range attacks. Beyond the bloater, but they're so rare they won't be mentioned.

Humans are just harder because even walking up behind them, sometimes they'll still trigger the alert, even though they made no sounds.

I give it an 8 even though the collectables are easy there's just so many of them, and the games is quite hard on survivor in my opinion, multiplayer isn't to much of a challenge, it's actually quite hard to loose everybody but none the less it take around 30-40 hours just on multi than another 45- 60 on single player

I'd say a 7 since the game isn't that difficult survivor is difficult in a few parts and needs to be done with stealth or your putting alot of hardship on yourself.

It is more time consuming more than anything. Multiplayer isn't too hard either. The main problem is the collectible glitches.

Kind of shocked at all the 10's that were given out.. might be due to the glitchy trophies. But hell, even survivor is jokingly simple to beat.. beyond the tons of collectibles, this game hasn't been very difficult to finish, still need to start MP, but currently the game is sitting at a 3 or 4. Time consuming, but simple...

Kind of shocked at all the 10's that were given out.. might be due to the glitchy trophies. But hell, even survivor is jokingly simple to beat.. beyond the tons of collectibles, this game hasn't been very difficult to finish, still need to start MP, but currently the game is sitting at a 3 or 4. Time consuming, but simple...

Pretty sure most of those 10s are just people either trolling, or just want to see what other people voted. Sadly ruins the whole idea.

But i voted a 5. The game isnt too difficult. It takes time to (P) it cause of all the playthroughs you gotta do, unless you do the 2 Playthrough glitch. And the MP potion takes some time. Only really difficult part is the fact all trophies are glitched. But its far from hard.

I'm nowhere near platting this yet, but I'm kind of pissed that collectables don't carry over to new games like they did in Uncharted. I did a nice easy run on Normal my first time, picking up what I found but really just enjoying the game on its own terms. The I started a Hard playthrough to do the collectables and get more familiar with the trickier areas. I just got to Pittsburgh and only just now realized that my collectable stats got reset.

This kind of sucks. I don't want to have to worry about gathering every little thing on Survivor -- I just want to savor the challenge of beating it -- so that means I'm going to have to screw around with chapter select just to pick up random stuff. Downer.

7/10

i don't have platin but i only missing 1 trophy (which is hunter mp) and that is no prob any more because its the copy of another i already done ^^

hardest part is of course survivor (+) i had realy hard time with this mode especially with the ellie parts.

/edit platin now achieved ;D

Edited by Kakyochan