Last Guardian Still in Development

CookieOnFire

¡ÎE3 2014¡ÏSCE WWSµÈÅĽ¤Ê¿¥×¥ì¥¸¥Ç¥ó¥È¥¤¥ó¥¿¥Ó¥å¡¼¡£Project Morpheus¤«¤é¡Ö¿Í¶ô¤¤¤ÎÂçÏɥȥꥳ¡×¤Þ¤Ç¤µ¤Þ¤¶¤Þ¤ÊÀÚ¤ê¸ý¤ÇÏäòʹ¤¤¤Æ¤­¤¿ - 4Gamer.net

In an interview with Yoshida Shuhei yesterday, he mentioned that 人喰いの大鷲トリコ aka The Last Guardian is still under development, with the nuance that people shouldn't worry about it.

When asked if it will be a PS4 title, Yoshida did not reveal any information either way.

Well, at least we know it will be coming...eventually. Unless they decide to cancel it later on :p

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
At this point, most people don't care any more. It's the principle of false promises.

No offense, but please don't count me or many of my friends amongst your "most people don't care any more" comment. We certainly do still care, and await playing this game — or any Team Ico title — whenever it finally sees release.

If the game was truly cancelled, I highly doubt they would have bothered to correct the false cancellation stories that circulated last summer. Unlike the far-too-many games rushed through development these days and released with tons of bugs, glad to see some dev treats who still won't release something until it's completed to their satisfaction and timetable. Just our thoughts on all that…

I can feel for the fans that want this game. I really want a Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Ditto that! I'd also love to see Psychonauts 2 finally get underway. (My other big want, a reissue of Grim Fandango, just became a reality. Yippee!)

Cheers all!

I really hope this game ends up being worth it for people, and doesn't end up like another Duke Nukem Forever. I never really knew much about this game...my interest is only generated from the years of development and people wanting to play it so bad (there must be something there)...so I really hope it see's the light and blows everyone's minds.

Edited by TheViper4Life

I really hope this game ends up being worth it for people, and doesn't end up like another Duke Nukem Forever. I never really knew much about this game...my interest is only generated from the years of development and people wanting to play it so bad (there must be something there)...so I really hope it see's the light and blows everyone's minds.

I agree, I have faith that they will make it good but the amount of time they are taking is rather worrying. :o

Duke Nukem is different because it seemed like a game that hadn't progressed since the 90s, so it was never going to be as good.

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus are nothing like Duke Nukem. I can't imagine The Last Guardian being anything but stunning, just like it's predecessors.

I wouldnt get too hyped up about this totally real game currently in active development.

Im like 1000% sure that if it wasnt for fans never letting this go and the cancelation rumours etc that Sony would have quietly killed off this project and hope nobody noticed.

They've pretty much stubbornly lied themselves into a hole now where they have to release a game called 'The Last Guardian' for PS4 but what that could be now is anyones guess. The lead director and creator of SOTC hasnt even been a Sony employee for several years now and many others have left for other projects and left Sony altogether. Chances are this game will be weak and also nothing like what was shown however many billion years ago it was now.