Officially Cancelled - RUMOR

Wow this is huge news! How many years has it been? Still not surprising, though it is disappointing. It's crazy that after all this time, they would just cancel it. Sony must have lost so much money making this failed game.

My life is over. :(

Not really. But, after waiting so long it was almost inevitable. Hopefully Team Ico has actually been working on something else this whole time. One can hope.

Edit: Rumors, wat. My poor heart can't take this.

Edited by Gage

Yeah, I caught up on the tweets and such following the article. Damn it's amazing the world we live in...in less than an hour, probably even 30 minutes, this went from panic among fans to a bullshit rumor based on their "little sources".

I'll just say ;>_> don't shoot the messenger...IGN's usually pretty good about their news coverage and claims on stuff being cancelled...but I should have been wary when they didn't hear it straight from Sony's mouth. So any further "cancellations" they report I'll take with a grain of salt unless there's an actual announcement from the developer or Sony.

I've changed the thread title since it appears to be a rumor (it better be)... and if it is, this will be closed.

Gotcha. Yeah it better be a rumor after all this ._.; gosh darn it IGN, way to freak out the fanbase. Surprised they haven't taken the article down or at least edited it yet...the writer's probably getting chewed out :whistle:

Yeah, I caught up on the tweets and such following the article. Damn it's amazing the world we live in...in less than an hour, probably even 30 minutes, this went from panic among fans to a bullshit rumor based on their "little sources".

I'll just say ;>_> don't shoot the messenger...IGN's usually pretty good about their news coverage and claims on stuff being cancelled...but I should have been wary when they didn't hear it straight from Sony's mouth. So any further "cancellations" they report I'll take with a grain of salt unless there's an actual announcement from the developer or Sony.

I blame Colin Moriarty for "me shooting the messenger". The IGN article says "claim and internal source" then Moriarty tweet "its OFFICIAL, Last Guardian is cancelled"

So that's why i say "GG, IGN". Needed those hits badly. Don't worry though i know they're usually accurates with their news.

Edited by Shanoa

Seems they finally edited the article. Still, I believe this is the appropriate sound effect for IGN's reporting this morning:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8XTpCwicwE]wah wah sound effect - YouTube[/ame]

If it's just a rumor, hallelujah! Here's to hoping something nice at E3 in light of this mishap ;)