am i dead yet

dittyeating

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like a mixture of both, as well as something new, but yeah overall I preferred ICO. SOTC is still a damn good game but it has its faults [like AI, it was a PS2 game though], I'm just finishing up Hard Time Attack on SOTC and I have to say I enjoyed the ICO platinum a lot more.

I'd like a mixture of both, as well as something new, but yeah overall I preferred ICO. SOTC is still a damn good game but it has its faults [like AI, it was a PS2 game though], I'm just finishing up Hard Time Attack on SOTC and I have to say I enjoyed the ICO platinum a lot more.

Really? You find SotC to have a problematik AI and ICO not? Yorda has to be one of the most frustrating AI's I've experienced in all my decades of gaming. And going buy what I read in the ICO subforum I'm definitely not alone on that one. Still a very great game though but Yorda's AI was terrible.

I'm both feelings were strong on the field of isolation. In Shadows you had a huge large world that was basically empty except for the colossi you had to find, with your horse being the only companion you have. ICO however had a smaller environment with the castle, you've been constantly hunted by shadows and Yorda was a companion who even if you couldn't understand at least was human.

On the other hand it was Wanders own choice to go to the Forbidden land and he never actually gave the impression as if he want to escape it asap, while Ico on the other hand was brought to the castle against his will and wanted to get out as quickly as possible. So in the end I think the level of isolation is basically the same but definitely two different feels of it which makes the experience all the more unique for those two beautiful games.

I'm really curious what the Last Guardian is going to be like. I want to try this out more than the new God of War and for me to say a statement like this it means something.

Really? You find SotC to have a problematik AI and ICO not? Yorda has to be one of the most frustrating AI's I've experienced in all my decades of gaming. And going buy what I read in the ICO subforum I'm definitely not alone on that one. Still a very great game though but Yorda's AI was terrible.

From what I can remember, yeah. I remember Yorda being a complete pain in the ass wandering off all the time but nothing on the scale of Argo, he has to be the worst companion I've encountered in any video game I've played. But I did play ICO first so maybe because I'm currently playing SOTC I could be paying more attention to the AI in that, than ICO I guess. I probably thought Yorda was the worst, the Argo took my mind of it.

i enjoyed the whole feel of ico better. the feel of isolation was magic i thought.

does anyone think we will hear somethink at e3, didnt the devs say the game was totally playable now and just needed polishing?? if i heard that right then maybe an xmas release this year???

I'm not sure about e3, I hope so but I heard the game had come to a halt because of the director quitting or something? This could have been sorted out by now though, as I read about it a while back.

Edited by SMITH_UK85

From what I can remember, yeah. I remember Yorda being a complete pain in the ass wandering off all the time but nothing on the scale of Argo, he has to be the worst companion I've encountered in any video game I've played. But I did play ICO first so maybe because I'm currently playing SOTC I could be paying more attention to the AI in that, than ICO I guess. I probably thought Yorda was the worst, the Argo took my mind of it.

Really? I guess I was really lucky then because I had no AI problems with Agro at all. I had only problems to steer him in a small couple of situations but that doesn't fall under AI.

think i know the bloke you meant who left,fumida somethink, cant think of his name, but appaprently he only left so he could then work on a temp contract with them ,(maybe better pay) he started the very next day back there. he was the main bloke he created ico i think.

it has been that bloody long now with this game that im wondering what the hell it will be like

Yep, that's Fumito Ueda you're talking about. The creative genius behind both ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. It's mainly due to his vision that both games are the art we know and love so much.

If I remember correctly he quit at the Studio only to work as a freelancer. No idea what the reasons were though. Either way, I really hope that he'll be involved in the process until the end because without him I really doubt that the Studio could pull the game to be artistically beautiful as the previous two games were.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Really? I guess I was really lucky then because I had no AI problems with Agro at all. I had only problems to steer him in a small couple of situations but that doesn't fall under AI.

Yes... really. Do you want me to keep saying the same thing in different ways so you can keep saying "really?"

I mix it up a bit:

Yorda was more AI than Argo I guess, maybe I'm complaining more about the controls of Argo when you're riding him, guess thats ether down to me or the mechanics of the game... just overall I found Argo more frustrating than Yorda because at least you could drag her around.

• 2 months later...
i dream a dream

The Last Guardian Still Lives, Promises Sony Developer

it will be amazing though hopefully when it comes out.

I'm dreaming the same dream. There's so many games I could live with if they are canceled but not this one. ICO and SotC are the only games that hit a certain spot in me when I'm playing them and I know this game will be able to do the same. That's why I really want to see it being properly finished at some point.

Wait. In SOTC, you're the only human around! xD Ico had a bunch of people ... Yorda, the Queen, the jerks that strand you there...

Anyway, I am craving this game. I'm sad that it's taken so long to develop.

to be totally honest i didnt finish sotc. think i done about 6 bosses and got bored as felt all there was to do in the game was find colossuses and kill them. . tell me im so so wrong and ill go and buy it again. ico on the other hand. i got my platinum. 2 hour speed run was great fun. lol.

ive got this bad habbit of having to many games at once and if im not sure im enjoying a game for whatever reason then sometimes i dont always finish them..

• 3 weeks later...
to be totally honest i didnt finish sotc. think i done about 6 bosses and got bored as felt all there was to do in the game was find colossuses and kill them. . tell me im so so wrong and ill go and buy it again. ico on the other hand. i got my platinum. 2 hour speed run was great fun. lol.

I'm amazed that someone who's able to appreciate ICO for what it is would make such a shallow comment about Shadow of the Colossus. That's like saying "all there is to do in ICO to go into a room, find a way out, rinse and repeat".

Just as ICO is much more than that while this literelly being your only task, Shadows of the Colossus is much more than just killing the 16 colossi though that's literally the only task too. I understand that that might not be everybody's cup of tea but for someone who can see the beauty of ICO I really find it strange that you couldn't feel the same about SotC. You should definitely give it another chance and this time finish the game. ;)

I'm amazed that someone who's able to appreciate ICO for what it is would make such a shallow comment about Shadow of the Colossus. That's like saying "all there is to do in ICO to go into a room, find a way out, rinse and repeat".

Just as ICO is much more than that while this literelly being your only task, Shadows of the Colossus is much more than just killing the 16 colossi though that's literally the only task too. I understand that that might not be everybody's cup of tea but for someone who can see the beauty of ICO I really find it strange that you couldn't feel the same about SotC. You should definitely give it another chance and this time finish the game. ;)

it might not be my cup of tea if what you are saying is that you only find the 16 colosus and kill them. i find that repetative and boring. but if you tell me there is more and you have adventure and discoverys in the world and excitement other than just killing the 16 bosses id be interested.

it might not be my cup of tea if what you are saying is that you only find the 16 colosus and kill them. i find that repetative and boring. but if you tell me there is more and you have adventure and discoverys in the world and excitement other than just killing the 16 bosses id be interested.

As I said before, literally the same would apply to ICO because you repeat the same thing over and over again, which is to get out of the room/area you are in now.

I'm not dissing ICO here, I'm just saying when you can see the beauty in ICO albeit doing just the one task over and over again, then you should be able to do the same for SotC.

I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that there's more to do then slaying the Colossi. But my point is that you cannot reduce neither of the games just to the objective you have to follow. Yet you do that for SotC while you don't for ICO. And this is surprising to me because a person who's seeing more in ICO than the one objective should be able do the same for SotC. It might be required to finish the game to get you there.

Edited by Ivotas

As I said before, literally the same would apply to ICO because you repeat the same thing over and over again, which is to get out of the room/area you are in now.

I'm not dissing ICO here, I'm just saying when you can see the beauty in ICO albeit doing just the one task over and over again, then you should be able to do the same for SotC.

I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that there's more to do then slaying the Colossi. But my point is that you cannot reduce neither of the games just to the objective you have to follow. Yet you do that for SotC while you don't for ICO. And this is surprising to me because a person who's seeing more in ICO than the one objective should be able do the same for SotC. It might be required to finish the game to get you there.

i never once thought that i was repeting myself playing ico. nothink is the same in ico.