Trial/Mission mode tips

Tizoc

Hope it's OK to make a thread about this.

OK so I've spent like 2-3 days doing as much as I can in Trial mode and here are some stuff that'll help:

0- Watch demo play to first get a glimpse of what you are requested to do.

1- Maxima is the easiest character IMO whose 10 Trials can be completed easily. His only combo into HD mode is also very easy, the only hard part about it is canceling his super into NEOMAX, but with practice you'll nail it.

2- One of Ash's trials requires you to do:

Back+LK-->flash kick

THIS IS NOT A CANCEL; IT'S A LINK. Charge moves in KoF 13 take at least 1 second for them to be ready; in other words, with Ash you can hold Back for one second or so, then press Fwd+Punch for his projectile attack. This applies to every charge move in the game.

At any rate, those stumped by that one trial just need to quickly hold down after doing Back+LK then perform the special as Ash recovers.

3- One of Raiden's trials require you to do his LP tackle and cancel it into his EX tackle. This is rather easy with practice:

Simply do the motion for the first tackle as such-

Hold Down-Back then press Fwd+(Down-back+LP)

This'll make it so that you'll immediatly continue charging for the EX tackle.

Furthermore, KOF 13's input is a bit leinient (sp) so it's possible to wait a split second after letting go of Fwd to hold Down-Back and then press LP.

4- You can add as many attacks or special moves as you want or can to any trial; the game only wants you to do the commands it shows in each trial.

An example of such is this Raiden Trials:

Cr. LP, Cr. LP-->Grab super

Alt. you can do it as:

Cr. LP, Cr. LP-->Activate HD mode-->St. HP (2 hits)-->Grab super

Practice these til you get the hang of them then try those trials.

If anyone needs any more help ask away and I'll see what I can do (though I'm pretty sure I haven't done 200 trials yet =P)

EDIT: Wait sorry, tried it again and all I did was:

Dwn-Fwd+HP-->QCB, HCF+P

Note that the motion for the P. Geyser will work as QCB, HCF+P

This is something that's really normal for me to do since I just move my thumb to do the cancel =/

Edited by Tizoc

Not really a Trial from the Mission mode, but: How do you beat the Tutorial? Kyo's d, hcb + P to qcfx2 + PP ? I don't get it and it's kinda pissing me of that I'm not able to beat the freaking Tutorial :mad:

nvm: I did it... I have no idea what I did differently this time compared to that 209 inputs, but I did it. :)

Edited by GoodNewsOke

• 3 weeks later...
How are they compared to SF4/SSF4/BB:CS trials ?

I borrowed this off my mate for a few days, and let me tell you this, the trials in this game shit all over other trials from other games. If you had to get 100% trials in this game, I'd rate this harder than NGS2.

Some of the juggles can be really long like MvC3 but still have strict timing and difficult inputs like SSF4, I wouldn't even attempt these without a fight stick either, broken controllers are guaranteed :D

I borrowed this off my mate for a few days, and let me tell you this, the trials in this game shit all over other trials from other games. If you had to get 100% trials in this game, I'd rate this harder than NGS2.

Some of the juggles can be really long like MvC3 but still have strict timing and difficult inputs like SSF4, I wouldn't even attempt these without a fight stick either, broken controllers are guaranteed :D

But still, is completing 200 trials and all trials for 1 character harder than completing all trials in SSF4? or 100 challenges in BBCS?

why u compare NGS2 with KOF13??still there some fighting games harder than NGS2 and my optional NGS2 overrated.

But still, is completing 200 trials and all trials for 1 character harder than completing all trials in SSF4? or 100 challenges in BBCS?

Yes, there are some character's that get as difficult as the hardest trials on SSF4 by their 5th or 6th trial.

Harder than SSF4's trials. As for BBCS, I'd say it's about even though tilting on KOF13 being harder. Unless you include having BBCS DLC characters to help in getting the 100 challenges. Then it would be harder.

It's BBCS length combos, with SSF4 timing basically so... yeah. That pretty much sums up the difficulty.

I haven't been playing much but I did all trials for Kensou, so I could just hop on anytime and do the farm to 200. So I've seen enough the trials to make this judgement on it.

Edited by CogniVision

Hi guys, I m founding a lot of problems with kof xiii trials. I have to say that I m new of this type of games, my first was blazblue and in bb with a little of patience a did 100 challenges, but those of kof are very painfull for me, expecially the moves where there is a charging time.. some helps (I use a normal pad, don t have a fightstick)? thanks

• 4 months later...