Rate the trophy difficulty...  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_85.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.58

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

OK, now that i've got the 200 trials trophy, there's a few things I want to say.

First, the fact that you only have to complete 60% of the trials drastically drops the difficulty of the plat. At least by 2 points. If you just try to complete 200 trials with 33 characters, you will probably get to around 170 without a problem, but then you will have to buckle down and really put in some effort as you try to crawl your way to 200.

But lets be real here...by the time the DLC characters come out, that's at least another 15 guaranteed trials, possibly more depending on how hard they are. If DLC counts toward the trials trophy, then i'm subtracting another point from the plat difficulty rating.

Online trophies are a breeze. If the 10 wins in a row trophy had to be done legitimately, I would keep the rating where it's at. But since it can be obtained by disconnecting, i'll subtract another point from the difficulty of the plat.

Everything else that is done offline, besides the trials, is just a grind. Nothing difficult.

So my final rating, not including DLC, is an 8. With DLC, a 7, maybe even a 6, depending on the difficulty of their trials. So I will withold my vote until then.

OK, now that i've got the 200 trials trophy, there's a few things I want to say.

First, the fact that you only have to complete 60% of the trials drastically drops the difficulty of the plat. At least by 2 points. If you just try to complete 200 trials with 33 characters, you will probably get to around 170 without a problem, but then you will have to buckle down and really put in some effort as you try to crawl your way to 200.

But lets be real here...by the time the DLC characters come out, that's at least another 15 guaranteed trials, possibly more depending on how hard they are. If DLC counts toward the trials trophy, then i'm subtracting another point from the plat difficulty rating.

Online trophies are a breeze. If the 10 wins in a row trophy had to be done legitimately, I would keep the rating where it's at. But since it can be obtained by disconnecting, i'll subtract another point from the difficulty of the plat.

Everything else that is done offline, besides the trials, is just a grind. Nothing difficult.

So my final rating, not including DLC, is an 8. With DLC, a 7, maybe even a 6, depending on the difficulty of their trials. So I will withold my vote until then.

How many times did you disconnect in obtaining the trophy? or what was your match complete percentage after?

When you break it down like that, I understand. I was looking at the Trophies today and thought that the only one I'd have a problem with is the ten consecutive wins, that's because of the quality of matches I've experienced, I'm still training in this fighting system, I hate having my disconnection percentage lowering.

I haven't completed the game so I'm not going to rate it yet but from completing other fighting games and analysing the trophy collection, I feel comfortable with completing it, once I can obtain the ten consecutive win trophy I can take my time.

Edited by jojo.ag

How many times did you disconnect in obtaining the trophy? or what was your match complete percentage after?

When you break it down like that, I understand. I was looking at the Trophies today and thought that the only one I'd have a problem with is the ten consecutive wins, that's because of the quality of matches I've experienced, I'm still training in this fighting system, I hate having my disconnection percentage lowering.

I haven't completed the game so I'm not going to rate it yet but from completing other fighting games and analysing the trophy collection, I feel comfortable with completing it, once I can obtain the ten consecutive win trophy I can take my time.

I didn't disconnect to get the trophy. I got 44 consecutive wins before I even lost. lol. I'm just saying that even if someone is bad at this game, they could still get 10 wins in a row by disconnecting.

• 3 weeks later...

So I didn't get the platinum for this game, and I don't think I ever will. And it's not because I am a retired platinum whore.

I love fighting games, I really do. I have been playing fighting games since my youth, beginning with Street Fighter to Tekken, to Mortal Kombat, to King of Fighters.

I am also fairly decent at fighting games, I'll be arrogant enough to admit that. When I first got Street Fighter IV and then Super Street Fighter IV, the trials completely overwhelmed me, but they were doable. If I were to rank the difficulty from 1-10, with 1 being easiest, and 10 being the hardest. Both games were a solid 4 or 5.

I thought nothing could top it, until I played BlazBlue, and I never even bothered trying to do the trials, since they were ridiculously hard. Blazblue is probably an 8 or 9.

Once again, I thought nothing could top THAT....until I played King of Fighters XIII. My goodness, the trials are ridiculous. I have never raged so much at trials in my life. My cousin was lucky his TV didn't have a gigantic hole in it, because I was considering tossing my controller at his TV. The trials require timing, and memory. The memory because the combos are at times 20 inputs long, worst than Marvel VS Capcom 3. On top of that, they sometimes toss a 1-frame link to you in the very first trial, which isn't fun at all. The other trophies are a joke, but the trials will keep you frustrated.

I rated this game a 10 on platinum, and rated the trials a difficulty of 10. They are doable, but prepare to have some spare controllers around.

If you bought this game for the platinum, I recommend buying Clannad instead.

So I didn't get the platinum for this game, and I don't think I ever will. And it's not because I am a retired platinum whore.

I love fighting games, I really do. I have been playing fighting games since my youth, beginning with Street Fighter to Tekken, to Mortal Kombat, to King of Fighters.

I am also fairly decent at fighting games, I'll be arrogant enough to admit that. When I first got Street Fighter IV and then Super Street Fighter IV, the trials completely overwhelmed me, but they were doable. If I were to rank the difficulty from 1-10, with 1 being easiest, and 10 being the hardest. Both games were a solid 4 or 5.

I thought nothing could top it, until I played BlazBlue, and I never even bothered trying to do the trials, since they were ridiculously hard. Blazblue is probably an 8 or 9.

Once again, I thought nothing could top THAT....until I played King of Fighters XIII. My goodness, the trials are ridiculous. I have never raged so much at trials in my life. My cousin was lucky his TV didn't have a gigantic hole in it, because I was considering tossing my controller at his TV. The trials require timing, and memory. The memory because the combos are at times 20 inputs long, worst than Marvel VS Capcom 3. On top of that, they sometimes toss a 1-frame link to you in the very first trial, which isn't fun at all. The other trophies are a joke, but the trials will keep you frustrated.

I rated this game a 10 on platinum, and rated the trials a difficulty of 10. They are doable, but prepare to have some spare controllers around.

This story basically applies to me as well. Just take away the Tekken reference, as I never played that as a kid, and take away the opinions on Street Fighter IV/Super Street Fighter IV trials, as I never did get around to playing either game. But I'd say I'm fairly decent at fighting games, especially since I've been playing them for so long and I love them. But these challenge/trial modes are a different story. I really struggled with Continuum Shift's challenges. If the trophy was for doing 50 of them, I probably could have pulled it off. But 100... I really had no chance. If you're in the same boat, don't even think about doing 200 trials in King of Fighters. They're definitely more difficult. I'd say all of the other trophies are easy, with the possible exception of winning ten in a row in ranked matches. Even if you're really great, there's no telling who you'll end up fighting against. And even the absolute best players lose every now and then even as a fluke. I haven't actually placed a vote, but as far as the platinum trophy goes, if any game gets a ten, I'd say it's something like this.

I agree with you, the trials are among the hardest I've seen so far. The main reason being that the frame rate allowing you to link some moves is ridiculously small.

If clearing 100% of the trials was required, I might have agreed on a '9' or a '10' plat difficulty rating.

Yes some trials are hard, very hard, but dont let this be a factor to skyrocket the plat difficulty, because you are offered a LOT of space to skip some trials, compared to SF4 or SSF4 (which you only rate a 4 or 5?) requiring you to clear 100% of them.

I personally gave SF4 and SSF4 a '9' back then, and yes I havent plat KoF13 yet...

Therfore I didnt vote yet, but I'm pretty sure that, once I do post my vote it wont exceed the vote I gave to SF4 or most of the other fighting games out there.

Edited by Guykilt

Having acquired the platinum trophy about a week ago, I would have to give this game a solid 8 in difficulty. Getting 10 consecutive wins wasn't as tedious as I thought. Learning the game's movement options along with basic combos for your 3 characters gives you a better chance at dealing with the players in ranked who do nothing but spam the same two moves with kyo/robert/athena, etc.

On the other hand, completing 200 trials is another matter altogether. It can discourage a lot of players in forcing you to memorize inputs that would sometimes require hours of practice to get the timing down. Some of the trials have links that are completely impractical in casual play. One of the more challenging platinum trophies to get.

• 3 weeks later...

Just earned platinum and votes to 9, as it was hard for me and especially with the combos, because everything I've done on the controller with the ps3 and I have to say that it took me some time ... it was hard but I scored 200 but for that exhausted my limit ... and begin to play the arcade stick from today ha ha. and generally all wish you good luck and especially to people using the ps3 controllers ;), do not give up just a little patience ,practice and perseverance .And as for the rest of the trophies is just one hate You can not compare to me! very tedious and time consuming and Yeah! I did it! does not write about it because you can use the disconnected all the rest was rather simple.

Edited by Krzywy_87

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with you, the trials are among the hardest I've seen so far. The main reason being that the frame rate allowing you to link some moves is ridiculously small.

If clearing 100% of the trials was required, I might have agreed on a '9' or a '10' plat difficulty rating.

Yes some trials are hard, very hard, but dont let this be a factor to skyrocket the plat difficulty, because you are offered a LOT of space to skip some trials, compared to SF4 or SSF4 (which you only rate a 4 or 5?) requiring you to clear 100% of them.

I personally gave SF4 and SSF4 a '9' back then, and yes I havent plat KoF13 yet...

Therfore I didnt vote yet, but I'm pretty sure that, once I do post my vote it wont exceed the vote I gave to SF4 or most of the other fighting games out there.

Having acquired the plat recently I can say that I still stand with my previous post above and I'm gonna give this a 7.

The 3 extra DLC characters gave way too much breathing room for the 200 trials to be of much problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am new to the KOF series, so those 200 trials were insanely hard on me, and more so since I refused to get any DLC unless I thought I was absolutely stuck. The difficulty I felt when doing them was not as bad as UMVC3, but then, in that game, you need to do all 480 trials, which is definitely worse. Not having to do all 330 trials drops the difficulty just like in BBCS.

I have mass vs boosting and the online trophies left, no difficulty there if I can find a boosting partner. I'll re-vote when I finish, but this is an 8 or 9 I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my plat. I'll give it an 8. I just can't fathom why they made online matches so much of a chore (in terms of how many different inputs you need to do to get into a match and end one, and lack of turboability).

I didn't buy the DLC, but I bet that if you had any of it, the difficulty would drop down to like a 6 or so because of how many extra trials you get.

Edited by Akari

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've voted an 8 mainly because of the trials, as I didn't bother with the dlc characters. Thankfully we weren't forced to do the full 330. I firmly believe that if we had, this would have been a straight 10/10. The hardest trials i've come across so far in any fighting game.

• 3 weeks later...

I rate 10.

It took me 6 days to get the plat but it was very difficult. The combo challenges however were easier than SF4 in my opinion because you can add any move you want as long as you do all the moves they ask you to do. I've posted a few tips here if it can help http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/king-fighters-xiii/136722-trial-mission-mode-tips-3.html.

The game was not that great, the animation is not smooth compared to sf4 or blazblue, which makes the combos kinda hard. The audio is also poor quality for a next gen game. And the online sucks even with a very good internet connexion. I miss KOF98 which is my favourite fighting game so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got the Plat a couple of hours ago, i'm giving this an 8. I didn't have too much of a problem getting the 10 ranked win streak since i focused on that when the game was just released. The trials are a different matter, for me SF4 & SSF4's are much easier. i had to get the 3 dlc characters bec i really couldnt squeeze any more combos out of me once i cleared 170 trials already. but what made the trials doable is that you can abuse HD mode, add special and EX moves into the combos to make it more manageable

• 1 month later...

I only have 150 more matches online to grind for the plat so here is my vote... As Setsuna said in the Trophy Guide, it's a 10/10 for people that really aren't into fighters, but easier for someone with some experience.

Personally hate Custom Combos so I completed few trials involving HD :p. While I got the 3 DLC to start with, I reached 200 trials without touching two characters at all (them being Kensou and Chin; no particular reason since I just went team by team and the Psycho Soldiers ended being last) so there is plenty breath space. There are also many dirty tricks (like holding a punch to not activate Vulcan Punch with Ralf, or pressing 6 after a 623 to cancel without doing a super) or plain mashing that work in some trials.

Judging by PSNp more people have trouble with the Time Attack than the Trials... Wonder why is that.

All in all, if Persona is a 10/10, this rates a 8/10 in the controller flinging scale.

Almost done.. just need to finish the 300 matches; gonna take some time, since i'm doing legit.

the trials are really hard, but u just need to do 60% , i did 64% without dlc,

also i did the 10 in row trophy legit, a lot of low lv players now, since the game become free for psn plus.

The 3 most difficult trophies: 10 in a row, trials and 35 survivor.

I voted 8... way easier than SSF4 or UMvC

Edited by Kaneruk

• 4 weeks later...