Goregasm + Yakuza Trophy

I just finished the story playthru and was wondering how to trigger a goregasm and how to maintain it for 2 minutes.

Also i dont know how to hold guns sideways "gangsta style" for the trophy.

Please help guys :)

edit: im playing with standard controller, no move

Edited by Sssnake777

I just finished the story playthru and was wondering how to trigger a goregasm and how to maintain it for 2 minutes.

Goregasm just means, 25 shots in a row on targets without a miss. You need to get familiar with the scenario you're playing and the appearance of mutants :D

If you are having trouble: pick up a friend and give it a try. Once one of you achieved a goregasm, just be careful in shooting and let the action led by your partner. 2 Minutes is not that long ;)

Anyhow, in order to achieve the Challenges, you must get high accuracy(90%) and Combo (60-120 hits in a row, depends on the scene you're playing) + a few other things. So it's key to get precise!

Honestly speaking, this game is much easier with move controller. And seriously, a lot more fun!! I played both ways, but with ds3 is more difficult to achieve a goregasm then playing with Move.

Yakuza trophy...no idea without Move

I was looking at the guide on PS3 Trophies - Trophy Lists, Trophy Guides & Trophy Cards - PS3Trophies and I don't think you can get the Gangsta Style trophy without a Move controller.

• 2 weeks later...

i played this game once with the standard controller holding it sideways and nothing played with the move held it sideways and the trophy popped after about 3 levels i'm sure this trophy can only be done with the move

• 2 weeks later...

Goregasm is actually 25 kills in a row without missing or getting hit, not just 25 shots that connect. You will know you are working towards it when the bullets show up in the revolver at the top of the screen. Every five will give you a bonus such as "Extreme Violence", "Hardcore Violence", "Ultra Violence", and "Psychotic." Then comes the Goregasm bonus.

I find the DS3 easier to use for Goregasms and collectibles then the Sharpshooter.

Edited by bigdrama

• 2 weeks later...
goregasm - much easier with a fully upgraded smg, it allows a couple of misses before resetting the count, unlike the ams magnum where you need to be 100% accurate

I noticed this too. Except it seems to me you are a free to miss as much as you like without penalty as long as you only fire ONE (and possibly 2 or even 3; of course this may just be a glitch since this happens with other weapons sometimes) bullet at a time. I intentionally missed repeatedly with no penalty. Whenever I fire a burst and miss even one single bullet, it always penalizes me.

I wouldn't exactly call it a great idea since consistently firing just one bullet at a time isn't easy (unless there's a gun shell that can limit your trigger pulls to just 1 bullet) and the weapon is woefully inadequate for multiple zombies (it doesn't even make them flinch) so you'll likely get hit.

ALTHOUGH it might be good if you're JUST trying to get the Goregasm challenge. Scoring high? Forget it. Goregasms are strictly time-based; you don't have to shoot anything to keep it going. So just let things drag out... Don't shoot distant zombies- let them slooooooowly shamble up to you and your timer just keeps on rolling.

Maintain goregasm for 2 mins just need to do the KILL combo continuously,feel free to do until you unlock the minigun,the best weapon for keeping combo。

About gangsta style ,turn your move controller for 90*(dual shock can't get this thropy)

I noticed this too. Except it seems to me you are a free to miss as much as you like without penalty as long as you only fire ONE (and possibly 2 or even 3; of course this may just be a glitch since this happens with other weapons sometimes) bullet at a time. I intentionally missed repeatedly with no penalty. Whenever I fire a burst and miss even one single bullet, it always penalizes me.

I wouldn't exactly call it a great idea since consistently firing just one bullet at a time isn't easy (unless there's a gun shell that can limit your trigger pulls to just 1 bullet) and the weapon is woefully inadequate for multiple zombies (it doesn't even make them flinch) so you'll likely get hit.

ALTHOUGH it might be good if you're JUST trying to get the Goregasm challenge. Scoring high? Forget it. Goregasms are strictly time-based; you don't have to shoot anything to keep it going. So just let things drag out... Don't shoot distant zombies- let them slooooooowly shamble up to you and your timer just keeps on rolling.

well had a little play with it and if you fire short bursts ie. 2-3 bullets it doesnt seem to penalize you ... whereas if you fire a string of bullets and miss after around 5-6 bullets it will reset the counter

as for prolonging the goregasm, it is a good idea to drag the counter out, but dont forget the score challenge and the combo kill challenge, the goregasm plays a huge part in both challenges so its always a good idea to keep a trigger happy finger ready incase of a short outburst of zombies ( or if your names"G", mutants)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Wait...move CONTROLLER?..you mean the one with the analog stick??..because i tried holding the gun 90ª with the pink ball aiming to the left or right,and the only thing it made is to aim outside of the screen...i tried pulling the trigger but nothing was killed...

I've seen a video where it shows the aiming circle,killing everything in the way and getting the trophy...

Can somebody put a photo of how to hold the controller correctly??..thanks in advance...u.u..

EDIT: Neeeevermind,i finally got it..you just have to aim to the screen normally but turn your hand so the TRIGGER looks ti the RIGHT and the Move button to the LEFT..but the light bulb TO THE SCREEN.

Edited by DV2FOX

• 6 months later...
Wait...move CONTROLLER?..you mean the one with the analog stick??..because i tried holding the gun 90ª with the pink ball aiming to the left or right,and the only thing it made is to aim outside of the screen...i tried pulling the trigger but nothing was killed...

I've seen a video where it shows the aiming circle,killing everything in the way and getting the trophy...

Can somebody put a photo of how to hold the controller correctly??..thanks in advance...u.u..

EDIT: Neeeevermind,i finally got it..you just have to aim to the screen normally but turn your hand so the TRIGGER looks ti the RIGHT and the Move button to the LEFT..but the light bulb TO THE SCREEN.

seriously? you were trying to aim to your left or right?

Dude, gangsta style, don't tell me you have no clue what it means.

• 2 months later...

Just for clarification it IS possible to get yakuza without the move. I don't own any move controllers, just two DS3s. I was playing co-op with a friend and it popped around the 3rd level, all we did was play the game normally. So, not sure what the exact parameters are, but I would definitely try co-op to see if it works for you.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Just for clarification it IS possible to get yakuza without the move. I don't own any move controllers, just two DS3s. I was playing co-op with a friend and it popped around the 3rd level, all we did was play the game normally. So, not sure what the exact parameters are, but I would definitely try co-op to see if it works for you.

I can confirm that a move controller is NOT required for yakuza trophy. I got it by tilting ds3 sideways.

If this is true, then there must be some precise parameters to it. I've tried it at many different angles with the controller, with different weapons, with different playable characters, any variable I could think of. 2000+ mutant kills and haven't gotten it. If people have gotten it with a controller, I assume it's either a) a glitch, b) extremely particular, or c) requires a Sixaxis controller as opposed to Dualshock 3 (which still has Sixaxis function). Looks like I'll have to buy a Move after all.

• 3 years later...