Getting all Challenges does NOT give you S Rank

If you were like me and hoping that getting all the challenges would give you an S Rank in an episode, it does not.

I was hoping that hitting the score requirement in Naked Terror was enough to get S Rank in that episode but it was not. I had 140,000 in that episode and only got A rank. I was using the maxed out Auto Shotgun and I did not miss ANY attacking enemies. I had a perfect game, no misses and no hits. If I had gotten more headshots then maybe I would've got it or I need to kill more of the standing enemies that don't attack.

I had a perfect game, no misses and no hits. If I had gotten more headshots then maybe I would've got it or I need to kill more of the standing enemies that don't attack.

:eek: zomg this is gonna be tough as hell if you did that good and didn't get S. My best level i got an A rating, and was just 5k under the high score mark. I was also hoping S rank would be just the highscore but it looks like it'll be harder than that.

I've had this one idea to maybe get a high score. All normal zombies pretty much line up to attack you, as in, the closest zed will attack, all others will continue walking closer until they are right behind each other. So, my idea is, playing director's cut-hardcore with two players, the second player only focuses on stunning the zombies so they cannot attack, giving player one the time to line up headshots. It would take quite a bit of teamwork/practice, and i know, sometimes things like that can be even more frustrating than doing it on your own.

Did you "add" more enemies on your playthrough?

I haven't gotten the high score challenge, but it might help.

I'm going to try that. It is weird that you can't select it on Director's Cut but if you select it on Story Mode and then go to Director's Cut, it is still selected.

I also noticed that head shots give you 200 and body shots give you 100. I am trying to work on getting more head shots but that is killing my combos lol.

:eek: zomg this is gonna be tough as hell if you did that good and didn't get S. My best level i got an A rating, and was just 5k under the high score mark. I was also hoping S rank would be just the highscore but it looks like it'll be harder than that.

I've had this one idea to maybe get a high score. All normal zombies pretty much line up to attack you, as in, the closest zed will attack, all others will continue walking closer until they are right behind each other. So, my idea is, playing director's cut-hardcore with two players, the second player only focuses on stunning the zombies so they cannot attack, giving player one the time to line up headshots. It would take quite a bit of teamwork/practice, and i know, sometimes things like that can be even more frustrating than doing it on your own.

That's good info. The real frustrating thing is that we won't know the exact score needed for S Rank without a lot of trial and error. If I knew what the scores were, I could tell if I want to put anymore time into this thing lol.

Right now I'm focusing on "Shoot the Sh*t" mode because I believe that will get the last unlockable I need for the gold trophy.

Edited by shoe478

I thought the only weapon unlocks were the mini gun and crossbow? I only say this because the devs had only mentioned one new weapon from the wii release. I haven't finished classic mode yet but I think the only thing I cannot select is the Profanity! Button.

Well you've seen the unlock screen after you beat the game then. Those blank spaces aren't for show lol.

Finish Classic mode and you'll get another gun. The profanity option will be unlocked when you do something with shoot the sh*t mode. I thought maybe you had to finish the game with that mode but it unlocked after I beat the slaughter house level for some reason.

So far I've purchased all the guns, found every pick up and everything on that black screen I've mentioned is unlocked. Right now I'm trying to buy all the gun upgrades and see if that unlocks Be My Valentine, Jill.

I'm still going to try go get 100% in Shoot the Sh*t mode and see if finishing the game in that mode does anything for me. Unlocking the profanity option like it did may have been a glitch.

Edited by shoe478

I just "S"ed Papa's Palace Of Pain (Director's Cut.) My stats:

Score: 250,265

Accuracy: 100.00%

Shots Fired: 427

Kills: 276

Headshots: 56

Best Combo: 88

Goregasm: 177.25

Player Deaths: 0

I was hit several times, missed a few shots though my multi-hits made up for the accuracy, and failed to grab all collectibles (I got most though.)

Naked Terror (DC of course) "S"ed:

S: 151, 075

A: 97.26%

SF: 219

K: 145

H: 47

BC: 91

G: 298.75

PD: 0

This time I don't think I got hit (maybe once), saved all civilians (oh yeah I did do that on P'sPOP too), grabbed most if not all collectibles, and nailed a bunch of extra zombies. Obviously, I missed (shots) a bit though. I'm no mathmatician but there's my stats if anybody can extrapolate from it.

Just got a star rank of pappa's palace. Just on normal story mode not directors cut. Didn't even have a perfect run through. 155,673 score. Also only got 27 head shots! hope this helps :)

Edit:

Just S'd naked terror on normal to. I rarely hit collectables and never get perfect run through's. Score of 124,908

Edited by iChrisx

My scores for S Rank:

Story Mode

Papa's Palace of Pain - 117,111

Naked Terror - 128,033

Ballistic Trauma - 136,299

Carny - 255,728

Creeping Flesh - 121,807

Scream Train - 128,677

Fetid Waters - 242,677

Jailhouse Judgement - 211,000

Overkill - 263,000

Director's Cut

Fetid Waters - 261,989

Overkill - 370,675

Both are standard games; no extra enemies, hardcore mode, etc.

My scores for S Rank:

Story Mode

Papa's Palace of Pain - 117,111

Naked Terror - 128,033

Ballistic Trauma - 136,299

Carny - 255,728

Creeping Flesh - 121,807

Scream Train - 128,677

Fetid Waters - 242,677

Jailhouse Judgement - 211,000

Overkill - 263,000

Director's Cut

Fetid Waters - 261,989

Overkill - 370,675

Both are standard games; no extra enemies, hardcore mode, etc.

So S-Ranks are score dependent?

So I've beaten the Story Mode to unlock the Director's Cut, then I kept playing this mode for some time. Now I wanted to unlock the challenges in Story Mode as well. I completed the game on hardcore mode, thinking that would do the trick... but it didn't, the challenges on Story Mode are still locked for me. What do I have to do to unlock them?

• 3 weeks later...

top score, save all civilians, precition and a good goregasm time are the keys, even if u already picked up all collectibles, getting them again will give u almost 2000 points each.

Don't reach zero bullets, always reload manually. Don't use granades. Best weapon choise revolver, autoshotgun. don't waste shots, try to use always the revolver, when u are running low of bullets, don't reload, change to auto shotgun (those weapons must be fully upgraded).

Edited by omenvegetto

Rectifying post. For S rank you need to: Try not to be hit, you´ll be ok if you are hit only 3 times (three healt slots lost), more than that the S rank will be compromised, finish the level without picking up healt packs and no more than one slow motion pickups (i recomend no slow pick ups); SAVE ALL CIVILIANS, reach the combo challenge; reload manually with move button, don't reach zero bullets and shoot again to autoreload. I did this and the S rank showed up, i´m missing just one level S rank (jailbreak) for the last 2 levels i recomend revolver and minigun; the other levels revolver and autoshotgun, use the revolver as main weapon, and the minigun when you are running low of bullets with the revolver.

Um... I'm pretty confident that "S" ranks are exclusively score-based, and not performance-based (although the 2 go sorta hand-in-hand.) What definitely gets points:

Shooting enemies

Shooting enemies in head (if applicable; more points than a bodyshot)

Combo bonuses

Saving civilians (by the way, shooting one is a huge penalty!)

Picking up collectibles (that is, unlockables; powerups (health, grenades, cash, and Slow Mo-Fo Modes DON'T count))

Shooting certain objects (fake zombies and skeletons in the haunted house of Carny... is there anything else?)

None of these are required by themselves (you don't have to rescue all civs or grab all collectibles for example) but obviously the more you do, the better your score, and you really do need all the points you can get on some stages.

I am utterly certain grabbing powerups doesn't count against you. However, trying to pick them up is a risk since they're small so you can easily miss and lose your combo. I'm also certain getting hit doesn't directly affect score (dying halves score in Story Mode though), however it DOES take away your combo, which is important. However, should you be hit twice in a row (easy since enemies do windmills on your ass) the second hit won't hurt your score since you have no combo to lose anymore. In other words, getting hit when you don't have a streak going is A-OK, although certainly not ideal. I'm also certain your reloading habits are not factored in either (although reloading on your own accord is necessary at times to avoid getting hit.) I am confident this is true although I put away my game to play my Black Friday purchases so I'm out of the loop now.

Key to scoring high: GOREGASM GOREGASM GOREGASM. 1,000 extra points per kill? OH HELL YEAH GIMMIE! This is a HUGE source of points. Keeping a Goregasm going for a long time is critical on most stages. In particular, Creeping Flesh requires you to do so for most of the stage since it's so short. The best I've managed thus far is the beginning up to the Gregs. You can keep a Goregasm going by hitting enemies, powerups, or destructible objects (I think; usually not worth points though.) Choose your powerups carefully though like I said- are they worth risking your streak for?

Edited by stickghost

Key to scoring high: GOREGASM GOREGASM GOREGASM. 1,000 extra points per kill? OH HELL YEAH GIMMIE! This is a HUGE source of points.Keeping a Goregasm going for a long time is critical on most stages. In particular, Creeping Flesh requires you to do so for most of the stage since it's so short. The best I've managed thus far is the beginning up to the Gregs. You can keep a Goregasm going by hitting enemies, powerups, or destructible objects (I think; usually not worth points though.) Choose your powerups carefully though like I said- are they worth risking your streak for?

Having just S ranked all the story mode stages less than an hour ago, the bolded really pissed me off. I missed just one shot throughout the level on my first try at it, and even though I got half the collectibles, a score of 112,000 apparently wasn't enough for an S rank.

i have done the last level with more than 450000 points (the score challenge was for 300000) but never reached de combo challenge, save the civilians and only an A, if u do just as i said, the S is yours, before i do this i was missing 4 S, doing it i ve got 3 in a row, the one i still miss is because i ve got to work and i need to sleep. Follow these tips or not, is your choise.