Rate the trophy difficulty...  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.82

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 4 weeks later...
dude this aint no freakin 5. at the least its a 7, if youre real good at this type of game, but more like 8.5. S ranking all levels is NOT easy.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmry588b9O1qcj6di.jpg

You should take a look at the crysis 1 platinum difficulty thread, it's common to down-rate a game to act like a pro gamer ("oh god game is soooo easy" "ain't even try to get it :coolface" etc )...

• Like 1

Having just technically gotten the platinum (and by technically, I mean every trophy except Yakuza because I don't have a Move), I'm gonna also give it a 8. You need to memorize the layout of every level and know when its safe to reload in order to get high enough streaks for S ranks. I can't even count the number of times the screen would pan to a zombie who was camping the screen, and if I didn't shoot him within half a second, he would bitch-slap me, which is incredibly frustrating if you were reloading at the time.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think its an 8

the hard ones are challenges for the last two chapters (highscore and combo)

the Perfect Victory is actually not that hard

play story mode with extra mutants and perform just like when you did the challenges, you'll get it in no time :D

• 3 months later...

I don't actually have the Platinum because I don't yet own a Move Controller so as to enable me to earn the 'Yakuza' trophy, but I HAVE beaten every credible challenge that the game throws at you though.

I am going to vote a solid 9 for THOTD:Overkill. This is a Platinum challenge that demands a great deal of commitment and dedication.

The most difficult part for me was beating 'Jailhouse Judgement' in Classic Mode.

I had never previously played an on-rails arcade style shoot-em-up before this, but I enjoyed it so much that I'm now contemplating buying THOTD 3 & 4, as well as Resident Evil:The Darkside/Umbrella Chronicles.

In my opinion, this joins the ranks of Catherine, Silent Hill 2, Vanquish, as one of the most underrated games out there for the PS3. An undiscovered gem.

Edited by WarriorAngel706

Well, after playing this game for 5 days everydays for 6-7 hours can say that is NOT MUCH difficult as it seems to be. First, the roadmap and the trophy guide sucks, it has a lot of wrong and incomplete information and that create confusion in the users . Second, this game at the first and second playthrough can be thought, but it cames considerable easier after you get the mini-gun. Nobody says it (not in the guide or on the forum), but you can miss A LOT using it (I finish some levels with 60% accuracy and with S rank). Also, the collectibles are important since each one give you 2k points, so if you pick up only 10 and save all the civilians you will get around 50k per level (even more if you get all the civilians and the collectibles, like 80k). Also, I have to say that I sucks at this type of games (but I really enjoy them) but if you replay them again and again you will know where the bad zombies appears and the game comes very easy. My conclusion is that is not a very difficult game, I find others games MUCH MORE difficult like Gran turismo 5, Catherine, Shadow of the colossus or even Dragon Age origins were you have to replay it a lot and its very time consuming (ok, here you have to play the game like 11 times, but its an On rails game).

I recommend everybody to play the game, I give it a 6, the game can be a little harder if you never played an on rails game and in times frustrating but its a very good game.

PS: I don't know why so many people put it a 10 and haven't palyed the game...

PS2: My playthrough was: 1 normal, 1 director's cut, 1 doing all the challanges on DC, 1 doing all S in DC, and after that Hardcore and classic. Remember that the game comes considerable easir with the mini-gun (this help me A LOT), hardcore mode can be done with the 2 weapons mode (if you have 2 moves) and classic can be done with 2 players (this mode is by far more easy with this...)

Edited by GabriellRam
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

6.5-7/10.

It really is not as difficult as people are making it out to be. The minigun makes hardcore mode a breeze and the challenges are doable with both the SMG and automatic shotgun. Just memorize the enemy layouts and collectibles.

The game itself is quite short so it's not that time consuming either.

I'll give it an 8. I didn't find perfect victory that hard as long as you use the minigun because use can miss a few shot with out losing your combo so you can spray a bit to knock the zombies back then pick them off. Do you feel lucky was the hardest one for me as I couldn't do the last two levels with out dying. Had my mate play as player 2 then and it was a breeze B-).

Just takes practice and patience and you'll get there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I gave this game a strong 6.5 for difficulty (rated a 7). It's pretty lenient with chaining combos, accuracy, and the S rank requirements. If none of the above mentioned didn't exist then this game would be rated higher and be absolutely hell. The mini gun, hand cannon, and auto shotty are your best friends. Patience, practice and ability to withstand re-doing levels over and over are key. Absolutely love rail shooters, so i had a blast playing this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...