Difficulty Setting

BTox

I'm playing on very easy and find the game itself to be ridiculously simple. However, I am coming just short of getting rank SS for the final trophy. Just wondering what others have had the difficulty setting on when they received the SS overall ranking?

I wonder if it will be easier to get SS on a tougher difficulty? Are the specifications more leniant on harder difficulties?

For me, one thing that makes easier to get SS rank is to put only 3 lives. usually when I put three lives only, I get an S or A. but when I put 9, it seems that it is harder to get those ranks.

try to put three lives, nine credits and very easy and see what happens

saving G every time and getting bonus scores helps too

Wow, thank you so much for pointing this out! This was the last trophy I needed for 100%, and I had been trying for days on very easy with 9 lives and coming up 1 s-rank short every time. Don't know quite what the difference was, but some enemies seemed to go down easier, particularly the birds, which I think were what kept me from s-rank times on chapters 2 and 4. Anyway, I can confirm this definitely works, thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, thank you so much for pointing this out! This was the last trophy I needed for 100%, and I had been trying for days on very easy with 9 lives and coming up 1 s-rank short every time. Don't know quite what the difference was, but some enemies seemed to go down easier, particularly the birds, which I think were what kept me from s-rank times on chapters 2 and 4. Anyway, I can confirm this definitely works, thanks again!

Does using a continue affect the rank? This is the last trophy I need.