Rate the trophy difficulty  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.50

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

After playing the XBOX version 6 years ago, i'll say this game is damn hard without a Move.

With Move it won't be easy, either.

:eek: :think:

Six years already! Damn

I already beating the game with the controller & I found it easier with it. I die once with the Sloth boss & twice with the final boss. Maybe it might be easier with :move: if I try it tonight. BTW, my time was 27+ minutes.

i voted a 5 in trophy difficulty.

a few tricky trophies but nothing impossible, if you dedicate yourself to the game.

using your DS3 controller is by all means easier than using the move or the sharpshooter because you can spam the L2 and R2, well even all 4 shoulder buttons if you really wanted to, which makes everything much easier.

• 2 weeks later...

This game its not difficult... I have 2hrs aprox. playing and I only need one ending more (the daniel zombie ending) and the SS Rank trophy... Time attack mode its easy, you only need to know where are the hidden clocks and not to fail rescuing your partner and you will reach the bosses with a lot of time. I read people beating this mode with 400+seconds remainging.

The difficlut i think its 4, I have a 2-3 years without playing a on rails games and its not SO difficult. I remember tHOD 2 more difficlut than this one.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This is a tricky one to rate because it seemed really difficult to get the SS rating, and also the game itself can be tough because of things like The Fool (I don't think I ever beat him on the arcade machine :mad: though I never continued on that lol, always trying to 1CC). On the other hand I did 100% it on a day, so it can't be THAT difficult. :confused:

In end as a tiebreaker between 5 and 8 for the vote, I went to PSNp and it has 91 of 7,971 people 100%ing so that makes it a legit 8 in my eyes. If you have a lot of experience with these, it will be around 5, but it's not a freebie.

• 1 month later...

gave it a 3 as the only trouble i had was with the SPECIAL AGENT trophy. god knows how i did it as i never got an S rank on the 0 chapter once until my final try, plus i never got an S rank on Chapter 1 either and i couldn't understand how to. everything else was trial and error. used my move as it seemed alot easier when aiming, but i never tried with a normal controller anyway. i mean what's the point, it's meant to be fun! :cool:

a proud 100% to be sure. good luck to anyone trying, it's defo a deserved gold trophy.

• 7 months later...

If you do not know what to do this game is nearly impossible. But with memorization/reactions and using the 4 shoulder button trick this game is very doable. Of course I am referring to the only thing making this game hard (the SS rank).

With the proper approach I'm saying 6/10 for people experienced with rail shooters, if you don't have experience with rail shooters but know how to approach the game then it's a 7 or 8. Without knowing what to do it is easily a 10/10 as it was impossible for me to even get an A rank of Curien when I was going in blind and I consider myself decent with rail shooters, been playing them since the 90s in the arcades.

Edited by QuantumMercury

• 2 weeks later...

I rate this a 4 outta 10 but only coz i been playing this 4 the past 10 years at arcadez. but yh everything what Sajiko said i agree with. Veteranz of rail shooters a 4 - 6 if your new 2 RaiL ShooTerz a 9. But the playing with a Contolla is Stupid. RaiL ShooTerz are ment to be fun with a gun in your hand.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted a 6, it was definitely harder than THoTD4, but at least the criteria for certain endings was clearer than in the next game. Saving my partner every time proved to be a challenge as there were a few tricky scenes which required very very quick shooting to succeed even on very easy. But the trophy that took me the longest was getting an SS rank. I was grinding it with a friend in coop but I was always at least one S rank shorter. Once we found a good tacti we succeeded on the first try (but the previous rounds were needed as practice of course). My friend stopped shooting at all and only intervaned when I was in danger and also when he had to save me. And he went full out on the bosses (if you do it with two controllers alone, the bosses will hit you many times thus lowering your rank). This way I managed to get SS rank with 5 S and an A without too much effort. We played so many rounds that after this, getting the time trial was easy, I did it on my first try. I got hit only a 2-3 times by zombies and many times by fool, the plant boss and Curien, but I managed to get through with 20 sec remaining even with that. I used a Move.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

5/10. This was easier than I went in expecting it to be. Using multiple triggers simultaneously definitely helped. Played it through twice to get a feel for it, then 3 more playthroughs for the other endings and SS rank. Final one for Time Attack which was incredibly simple after learning the whole game. If you have no experience with rail shooters however, it will be harder.

• 2 years later...

I don't remember 6 years ago i voted how much for the difficulty, but today after becoming the #8 fastest 100% achiever, i would say it's a 4 for THOD3.

I used a turbo controller which is really powerful to sweep all the zombies, even it lowed the accuracy. The bosses except the final boss are jokes if you know their pattern.

I recommend setting difficulty to very easy, 3 lifes and 9 credits. I've gotten 5 or 6 times special agent rank on VE, and often 6 s rank for all stages.

Basically you need get famliar to the stages you want to play. I don't think the route can affect you rank but the endings.

The trophy guide...Meh. If you know reading Japanese, there is a Japanese guide which explains how to get the 4 endings.

• 3 years later...

Going with a 4. It looks harder than it actually is.

SS Rank and Time Attack is the the only challenge with this 100%. The four endings can be easily done on Very Easy with 9 lives and just alternating the final mission before Chapter 5. Easy with a Dual shock by spamming L1+L2+R1+R2. However it does hurt your hands after a playthrough due to the rapid spamming lol