What the Hell - Harvester on Hard Mode

eburkulosis

Anyone have a FOOL PROOF strategy for this? Like just stand in 1 spot and eat a sandwich while simultaneously owning the Harvester?

I have a level 34 Warrior and I think I'm screwed because its basically impossible with a Warrior, I reset my stats and made a 100+ constitution tank and I hit that damn switch every time the room goes Red Light District but near the end of the 1st form the Yellow Skullies appears too fast and frequent and rape me.

A question:

If I start a new character or import a different character - do the enemies scale to whatever level I am?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same here, although i'm a mage I just get owned every time (not by the harvester but the skeletons). The golem (fully upgraded) which i thought is supposed to be the tank falls like a chicken

Could someone give more tips, i.e. is it better to create a new char from the start rather than importing your exisitng one?

Can someone go into more details what the various colors mean, like normal, red etc... seems the harvester and / or the skels inflict more damage at various phases?

Yeah, your party is pretty useless. If you can make it to the second form of the Harvester, then I can give you a tip:

Move over one of the bridges (they are blocked with fire at the beginning) and head to one of the corners near the entrance. If you are in the right position, the enemies will follow you, but can´t attack you. So they are an easy prey :D

When you got rid of the skeletons, you can lure the Harvester to the corner and attack him or do some distance attacks on him.

It takes some time, but this is a pretty sure method of killing the annoying Harvester.

Just completed it with a warrior. After struggling for an hour with a 2H warrior, I respecced to 1H+Shield. Had about 75 points in constitution, 25 in dex, the rest (50 or so) in strength. I activated Threaten, and basically just used Taunt and Grievous Insult to keep the boss on me. Every 30 seconds or so get the Golem to use Group have, and have Flaming Swords on until the dwarf tells you to remove it. With this setup, I was pretty much the only one taking damage and the Cleansing Aura + Group Heal kept me above 60% health at all times. When the skeletons start piling up, switch to the rogue and hit the switch. Make sure you 'save' a switch until the boss is at about 10% health, so you can destroy all the skeletons right before phase 2.

Phase 2 wasn't really anything special for me. Never even had to heal, he attacks once or twice and jumps around, but did next to no damage.

ok thanks PassiveGear for the answer, i actually found out by chance 5 minutes after posting. Strange that this must be used under potions, maybe to make sure that players don't clikc on it by mistake...

Anyway, I resetted my stats according to some advice i found on xbox achievements but still get owned big time. Guess i'm gonna restart the whole thing

I just did it with my 33 Rogue. Went full blown on him from the start.. Coated blades with Elemental poison, and then engaged. Weak Points, Mark of Death, Shadow Form, Twin Blades, and Unending Flurry until I was out of stamina. Got him about 65% of the way down, spent the rest of the time running around stabbing at him and letting the skeletons beat on me, and ran away around 25% health, used the radial dial to heal, and then went back to him until his first form died. Repeated for part 2, a winrar was me.

I finally got him today, got at him right at the start (it DOES help casting Combat Magic, Shimmering Shield and all the other protective spells then drink some Lyrium to replenish before triggering the cutscene).

When he went to 2nd form i was alone and basically ran around, casting Waking Nightmare and the skeletons took a good chunk off his health.

Mas that was a glorious moment giving that little ugly fat bastard the killing blow and seeing ti-ding 'Grim Reaper' pop up....

now on to the next boss...Witch hunt

I struggled for a bit before realizing something: Golems of Amgarrak gives you the Memoirs of the First Wardens, which lets you essentially reset your character. I went in with my Arcane Warrior mage, played through right up to the Harvester as-is, then activated Memoirs. I did the following:

• Dumped all points into Willpower, Magic and Constitution

• Specialties: Arcane Warrior, Spirit Healer and Battlemage

• Spell trees maxed: Arcane Mastery, Time Spiral, Cleansing Aura, Fade Shroud, Elemental Chaos, Mass Rejuvenation, Crushing Prison, Death Hex, Walking Nightmare and 3/4 to Curse of Mortality.

• Skills: 4/4 for Combat Training, Vitality and Clarity, 3/4 Combat Tactics

I then did some tricking out to the tactics and mapped all the healing spells to my hotkeys. For the first half of the battle, I camped out next to the switch casting healing/stamina spells (and once a Revival), with periodic hexes and entropy spells. For the second half, I switched to the golem -- who gets ANNIHILATED by the skeletons -- and baited them into chasing me around the room while the remainder of the group cornered the Harvester. It was over inside of 3 minutes.

I beat the Harvester on Hard mode with a lv. 34 rouge.

My Rouge had the following classes: Assassin, Duelist, and Legionnaire Scout.

here are the basics:

Rouge talents:

*Maxed out Duel wielding branch

*Maxed out Duel striking branch

*Maxed out Twin striking branch

*Maxed out the Assassin talents

*Maxed out the Legionnaire Scout talents

*Earned all but last of the Duelist talents

*Earned Coup de grace talent

*Maxed out below the belt branch (for the Evasion talent)

Rouge Skills:

*Vitality maxed out

*Clarity maxed out

*weapons training maxed out

Rouge tactics used:

*Unending flurry

*Cripple, Punisher,and Riposte

*used stamina droughts when stamina below 50%

Buffs active:

-Endure Hardship (loses no health when attacked, only stamina)

-Dueling (increased attack and defense)

Golem Tactics used:

*heal the group when health below 50%

*revive fallen enemies

(I was in control of the Golem most of the time and hid in the background, while healing my characters, until they killed the first stage of the Harvester)

Warrior Tactics used:

*use stamina drought when below 25%

*use Grievous insult and Taunt

*use Health poultices when below 50%

Warrior Talents:

*Sunder Arms branch maxed out

*Powerful branch maxed out

Warrior Skills:

*Vitality as high as possible

*Clarity as high as possible

My strategy:

*During the first stage Controlled mostly the Golem (whose abilities I maxed out)& kept him away from the fighting.

*during the second stage of the harvester, I controlled the warden

*Through out the fight I kept on going into the Radial menu and using the Health Poultices on all characters whenever I thought they were too close to death (especially the warrior, since he is your tank, take good care of him)

*Used the stamina droughts on the rouge whenever he was getting pretty low.

Well that is all the advise I can give it took me three tries to beat the Harvester, on the third try I realized that I needed to keep the Golem and the warrior alive, and all when well for me.

Edited by gatekeeper

• 4 weeks later...

it was easier then expected. someone said it was gonna be hard. but it was hard but do able. i used the tactics from trophy guide. and i focused my on the skeletons first. (in second form) and the funny thing is the harvester froze. and he unfrozed when his health was 20 procent. even in full 100 procent he couldnt beat me. in fact the skeletons where the greatest treat for me. i needed 3 tries. the first try i easily get the harvester down but in the second form he owned me. (not the harvester but the elite skeletons). i really dont understand why people say the second form is easier. for me this was the hardest form

in fact i only needed 3 tries because i didnt set the tactics good. first try i used cleansing aura (golem) as top priority (instead of group healing) and the second try i saw i setted the wrong tactics for the tank dwarf. i used ally self. but it was enemy: all (taunt, grievious insult)

also try to use hand of winter to froze al skeletons. and there is a spell that resets al cooldowns. (time spiral i thinks)

Edited by Hogger

• 1 month later...

To be honest I had a REALLY easy time with it, I think I might've just lucked out mostly but perhaps it was skill.. well cowardice really.

I was planning on following the guide but sadly all my characters were destroyed and it was just me (a rogue) and the enemies. I did the only thing I could think of.. I fled! I ran around and once I was able to use Dual Weapon Sweep I used it (since it's rather quick and does good damage) on the boss, ran and repeated. I play on casual just to enjoy the storyline so I had A LOT of healing potions available.

It actually worked out really easy, since the skeletons were the only ones who really damaged me, the boss tended to get stuck around the pillars. If you have enough potions and are having trouble, use this method it worked for me. (Side Note - Same for the Witchhunt boss) I didn't even use the switch til almost done with the first form which made it A LOT easier.