Is this game worth it?

Hiafolks

OK, so i wanted this game for a while, but not so much as i wanted to spend $60 on it. But now that i figured the price has gone down, is it actually a good game?

I do seem to enjoy games where you get stronghold and upgrade, ect.

Well, what do you guys think?

Edit: I just checked on EBgames.com and it says its $19.99 new. lol id say that just being $20 is a good reason to get it!

Edited by Hiafolks

OK, so i wanted this game for a while, but not so much as i wanted to spend $60 on it. But now that i figured the price has gone down, is it actually a good game?

Edit: I just checked on EBgames.com and it says its $19.99 new. lol id say that just being $20 is a good reason to get it!

I thought this game was excellent. Its a really fun game and i'm a fan of the Godfather films aswell (who isnt?) so that was a bonus. Really easy trophies but its not terribly long.

$20 is too much for it. You can probably find it for $10 or so. The game is really bad. It looks/feels/and plays like a early PS2 game.

There is little to do besides shoot things, travel, and attack/defend your properties - and thats done by hitting a few buttons.

If you're getting it for trophies, then by all means pick it up on the cheap. You can rent it and get platinum in 12/15 hours.

I got it for $10 from gamefly, platinumed it, and i couldnt have been happier when it was over - not because I enjoyed, but because I would never have to play it again.

I really enjoyed it - just plat'ed it at the weekend. It's good fun taking out rival families, blowing stuff up and smashing property. I rented it but if you can pick it up cheap I'd recommend it.

Well ive never been one to rent games personally, if i wont like it enough to buy it(or borrow it from a friend) i simply will foget about it :D

Well ill see when i get to the city, i dont think it could be that bad that $15-20 would be a waste :p

hmm i didnt know there was nudity in it...

There is a few times in the clubs. I'm not sure if you can turn it off in settings. I remember hearing something about it near launch.

I think it's worth it, like others have said I liked the strategy element in the game(controlling crime rings and controlling your crime family)

It's something that gave me my fix of GTA.

I think it's a game you should rent. You can get the platinum easily and you won't play the game much after you beat it. It is fun as hell as you're playing through it but after you play through it there's a boring multiplayer mode. I wouldn't pay more than $20 for it. I agree with dz though the first one was better.

• 2 months later...

Good game just to short!

Hey ya'll!!! I hear you want to know if this game is worth it. It is!!! Even if you beat the game and become godfather, you still have a posse, collect money, execute people, and you still have all your bonuses!!!!! If you or anyone else thinks this game is trash, I give them a :doh:. Peace.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I borrowed it from a friend, and it was good. Not excellent, not even very good, but still better than average. The game is ok while playing it, the trophies are fun, but as soon as I beat it, I stopped playing it and now I'm searching for my next platinum. ^^

My suggestion: If you really want it, $20 isn't a bad price and it would be okay, but it isn't worth it any penny more.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bit repetative, controls are difficult in places and it's showing it's age. But overall I'm enjoying it and, yes, it's well worth a play.

Not sure about the 15-20 hours to plat quoted in the trophy guide. Maybe just me being slow but I'm past 20 hours and still a good way to go.

Edited by Claret1858