The Fort Co-op Adventure - Trophy Guide and Roadmap

dovkOWy.jpg 

Thanks to aka dave for the trophy guide banner

Not a registered member of playstationtrophies.org? Found this guide via a Google search?

You should consider joining the forums. If you do join the forums due to this guide, it would be greatly appreciated if you would give the author, dcollins22, a referral.

http://i.imgur.com/VdFuiJ6.png

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 6/10
  • Offline trophies: 9 (7 (B), 2 (S))  
  • Online trophies: 1 (1(S)) - Unobtainable
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 15-20 hours, potentially 100+ due to the Hoarder (S) trophy
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: Many matches.
  • Number of missable trophies: None
  • Glitched trophies: None
  • Do trophies stack?: No
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available.

Introduction

This is not a hard DLC, the trophies that may cause some trouble take a lot of time as opposed to being difficult. The Hoarder (S) trophy will be by far the longest trophy to achieve, and may require several hundred games of Co-op Arena or Hunter. Refer to the trophy description for further information. My advice would be to mix up the modes, maps and spread out this grind with other DLC trophies and games. As you may potentially be playing this for a long time. The co-op trophies can be obtained offline, however, I advise playing online and getting a few partners from the boosting and co-op threads from this site:

Walkthrough:

These trophies can be obtained in any order along with the other DLC trophies. If your new to the game, I would check out co-op first to learn the mechanics and basics of the game before jumping into online competitive. For a complete roadmap of all the DLC in the game, have a look at the following thread by trophyhunter50: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Complete DLC Roadmap - PlaystationTrophies.org

Even though the servers have closed, you can still get all bar Hoarder (S) in Splitscreen or LAN mode but all stats have to be tracked manually - because the in-game stat tracker was online only so no longer works.

Edited by Viper
Updated the server closure notices.

RwEE4f5.png 

66.jpg  Team Player (S)

Win 50 matches of Team Objective

Note: Due to the servers closing, this trophy is now only obtainable in Splitscreen and LAN mode.

This trophy is straight forward, just keep playing the Team Objective game mode and eventually you will get the required number of wins.

Some general tips include:

- Focus on the objective for the type of round you are playing, rather then just trying to kill the enemies (these can include Multi-Marked Man, Turf War, King of the Hill, Chain Reaction, Treasure Hunter and Deathmatch).

- If you're playing with a friend (or even with randoms) stick with your team mates and try and work together on the objectives (for example, in treasure hunter have one person hold the treasure whilst your partner covers you).

- Use whatever Kickbacks and boosters you feel most comfortable with.

67.jpg  From All Angles (S)

Get 25 Triple Threat Medals

Note: Due to the servers closing, this trophy is now only obtainable in Splitscreen and LAN mode.

Triple Threat Medal - Kill three enemies with long guns, 3 enemies with pistols and 3 enemies with explosives.

Triple Threat medals gave me a lot of grief in Uncharted 2, however I found them much more manageable in Uncharted 3. Plunder is by far the best mode to earn these medals on purely for the reason that they are often the longest rounds (20 minutes). My advice would be to focus on the pistol kills first as they are the more difficult kills in my opinion. I use Talbot's Arm Micro as my pistol due to its rapid rate of fire, reload speed and clip size. During these kills you can also try and get explosive kills if the opportunity presents itself.

Tips to help get these kills include:

-Equipping the revenge booster (if you have unlocked it) which will drop a live grenade once you get killed and if you get meleed, the chance of getting the kill is quite high.

-Choose an explosive related Kickback, for example, the rocket launcher, quick boom, clusters etc

-Remember where the rocket launcher and grenade launchers are located in each map and race to get them first or keep checking their location as you work for your other kills.

Once you have got the other 6 kills its time to start working on your long gun kills, which I prefer to use the M9 with the rate of fire upgrade.

Note: These kills are not accumulative, meaning you have to get all 9 kills in the one match.

68.jpg  Hoarder (S)

Complete the Artifact Treasure Set

UNOBTAINABLE DUE TO SERVER CLOSURE

This is by far the longest trophy of the DLC. It can take a long time to complete each treasure set as the drops are completely random, with the rare treasures being the bottom treasure in each set.

The treasure locations are spread across 6 game modes:

- 2 from Team Deathmatch or Elimination

- 2 from Team Objective

- 2 from Plunder

- 13 from Co-op Adventure on Hard or Crushing difficulty

- 38 from Co-op Arena or Hunter Arena

I'm not going to discuss all the theories surrounding where treasures are more likely to drop etc as what may appear as a rare treasure to one person, may actually be quite common to another so there seems to be no pattern of drops in this game.

Here are some general tips that may help you:

- If playing co-op arena play on either Hard or Crushing as for me I got a higher drop rate as well as more rare items then on easy or normal.

- You can farm kills in co-op arena with a partner by getting Siege on round 1 and constantly killing enemies outside the current territory.This is really easy to do, even on crushing with three people, on Village or Château as the spawn locations of the enemies are quite close to one another.

- Splitscreen Hunter is the most popular method. I won't detail the methods as to how this can be done as there is enough information on this site and on the web, however, it is important to remember to pick up the treasure chests when they appear as many rare items are found inside them. Also, vary up the way you kill your opponent (if boosting as its much easier) as some people suggest that the drop rate of treasures will increase. using explosives, melee etc are good options. Also, vary who kills who. I found killing the heroes whilst playing as the villains sometimes dropped better treasures, and I got many rare items in a row from the treasure chests as a villain.

- When playing Co-op Arena, vary up the maps you play and don't just stick to the one map you know well, as again people have suggested that drop rates and rarity can very depending on the map your playing on.

- The treasures from the Co-op Adventure levels are dropped by 2 or 3 different bosses (e.g. Kickback bosses, known character bosses or Brutes). If you don't get the one you are after from each boss, suicide to verse him again without having to replay the entire level.

- The following thread may help you track down some of your last few rare treasures by seeing where they dropped for other players. However, like I said before, the drop location is completely random-

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/uncharted-3-drake-s-deception/203736-co-op-arena-treasure-sightings.html

The full list of treasures required for this trophy can be found under your Profile in the multiplayer menu and then navigating to the Records tab.

69.jpg  Look Out Below (B)

Get 10 Detonator Medals while on Hard Difficulty

Detonator Medal - Destroy a truck in Co-op - Adventure - Fort Level.

This is pretty straight forward if your doing it with a few buddies to help you out. Not far into the level a cutscene will start and two truck will appear with mounted turrets, these are the trucks you want to explode. I recommend equipping an explosive Kickback, such as a cluster bomb, carpet bomb or meg bomb, and saving it until you reach this part. Using normal grenades, machine guns and propane tanks can also help. There is a rocket launcher enemy located above the entrance of where the trucks emerge from which can also be handy. Let your friends take care of the enemies whilst you focus on the trucks. Once you have destroyed them, all players suicide to replay this section of the level again. You can change whose turn it is so everyone has the chance of getting these medals.

70.jpg  Wild Wild West (B)

Get 50 Gunslinger Medals

Gunslinger Medal - Kill 3 enemies using any pistol or pistols in a single Competitive game.

These need to be done in either Team Deathmatch or Free For All. You won't get a Gunslinger medal for your 3 pistol kills if doing Triple Threat medals in plunder.

As with the pistol kills required for a Triple Threat medal, I found the micro to be the best weapon because of its rate of fire, reload speed etc. However, this is just my preference, use whatever pistol you are most comfortable with.

71.jpg  Eyes on the Prize (B)

Earn 3000 Objective Points

You should easily obtain this trophy whilst going for your 50 Team Objective wins.

Some helpful tips include:

- Focus on the current objective, as simply killing enemies (unless its Deathmatch or Multi-Marked Man) won't net you any points.

- The best modes to accumulate the most points are Turf War, King of the Hill and Treasure Hunter. For Turf War, capture a territory away from the main action and as long as you remain in the area you will continue to accumulate points, even though you have already captured the territory. For Treasure Hunter, you earn points the longer you hold onto the treasure. Get a friend to cover you whilst you hold it or stand near your team mates for some protection.

72.jpg  You're Out! (B)

Get 50 Strike Three Medals

Strike Three Medal - Kill three enemies without being killed.

This can be easy or difficult depending on your level of skill. It will come with time but will be faster for some then others.

Some helpful tips include:

- Use the weapons/boosters/Kickbacks that work best for you and that you are most comfortable with.

- Don't play reckless and run into the middle of the battle all guns blazing. Play smart and strategic by staying back and picking off a few enemies that are already engaged within someone else.

- Lean the layout of the maps, spawn points and locations of power weapons as this can all significantly help in stringing multiple kills together.

Edited by Viper

73.jpg  It's Good to Be King (B)

Get 50 Three Kickback King Medals

Three Kickback King Medal - Use 3 Medal Kickbacks in a game.

The cheapest kickback is the Cash'em In Kickback which only requires 4 medals to be obtained. Using the Bargain booster will reduce this down to 3. Play in whatever competitive game mode you like, however, Team Deathmatch or plunder are best due to their longevity. Remember to always pick up the medals from the treasure chests when they appear as this will instantly give you your Kickback (if you have the Bargain booster equipped and Cash'em In Kickback). Also, remember to activate your Kickback as soon as it's ready so you can start earning medals towards your next Kickback.

74.jpg  Key Master (B)

Get 100 Gate Keeper Medals

Gatekeeper Medal - Kill a Co-op boss.

You are rewarded a Gatekeeper medal when you kill a kickback boss in either Co-op Adventure or Co-op Arena. Note: In Co-op Arena they only appear on Crushing difficulty and from round 2 onwards. This is the best place to earn these medals due to the sheer number that spawn, especially in the later rounds.

This will come naturally as you play Arena for treasures and other DLC trophies, however, here are some general tips to help you earn them:

- Aim for the chest or legs as its much quicker to kill them then aiming for the head.

- Have an explosive Kickback equipped, such as the cluster bomb, which will kill them in one hit.

- Memorize the locations of power weapons, such as grenade launchers and snipers as these are very effective against these guys.

75.jpg  Hanging On (B)

Get 3 Hang In There Medals while on Hard Difficulty

Hang In There Medal - Complete the key puzzle with enemies still alive in the Co-op - Adventure - Monastery level.

This only needs to be done on Hard, however, if you have the Drakes Deception Map Pack DLC then you can do it on Crushing and earn both trophies at the same time.

JK1011 explains a good method of doing this in his guide for the Drakes Deception Map Pack DLC:

Recommended Kickbacks: Team Medic

This trophy can be hard to get because of the structure of the room. The area where the keys are is one of the most exposed parts of the room however the real challenge is getting to the keys without dying.

Please note that deaths do not effect the outcome of the situation as long as you have enough lives to respawn again. I recommend killing every enemy except one, that one I would suggest being a G-Mal enemy as they have the lowest rate of fire meaning less damage. When I did this trophy, we left a few enemies behind, not just one but I recommend leaving just one.

The two players with team medic should both take different routes to the keys, this means that only one of the players will be attacked by the enemy instead of both simultaneously. Don't use your team medic here. If you die then no worries, as fate should have it your other teammate should have reached the keys. Then all you have to do is spawn on your teammate, jump to the middle chandelier and jump to the other key. Now is the time to use your Team Medic but for yourself, don't let yourself become downed. The reason I don't recommend Protector is because it will not reach both teammates on both keys, just yourself thus rendering it useless when you can use Team Medic.

Once you get the medal, you cannot kill yourself and start the key puzzle again. You will have to start the chapter again. Just repeat another two times and you have the trophy.

Note: This trophy is cumulative meaning you can gain the Medals over several matches.

Edited by Viper

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...