Videos for level 3, 4 and 5 hard mode?

janzor88

I would get this for you, if the damn vita had a video capturing app... But since you're required to play & record both at once, it's extremely difficult and annoying to record difficult trophies' vids on it, with the completely weird hand and screen positioning.. So yea, sorry but this isn't happening xD

However, check out my hard mode tips in the trophy guide, I think with the strategy all laid out, the only boss that could give trouble is the Octopus, because of randomness. The other bosses are simple.

Edited by Zongorillacska

Yeah you're right, it really sucks that you can't record directly from the Vita.

I managed to complete normal mode with 1 credit, and can come to level 4 in hard mode relatively easy.

But there the difficulty rises exponentially, and it becomes extreme hard to focus with all those enemies around you.

The thing I have the most problems with, is where to place myself at the Octopus boss, so I don't get shot.

5-10 hours practicing level 4 and 5 should do it I reckon.

I just really suck at these type of games. But it's really addicting. :D

Yup, the Octopus was the longest to figure out.

Stay around the middle of the screen whenever he's hiding. When you see he appears, try to react quickly and move under or over him. That's the strategy. If you see he appears in top left, move to bottom left. If he comes from top right, move to bottom right. If bottom left, move to top left, if bottom right, move to top right. If you can get used to this and react quickly enough, the tentacles will never hit you, you only have to worry about the bullets. These are usually fairly easy to avoid.

Practise him in stage select, and once you got used to this pattern, start also shooting bananas on him. Basicly all you do is WHILE you are moving to one of the corners, shoot the bananas, obviously trying to hit him. But don't get greedy, it's worse to lose a life than to miss one opporturity to shoot him.

Thanks for the reply.

I actually managed to get to level 5, for about 4-5 times now.

So it's just a matter of time before I get the last trophy.

The last level is so hectic, that it's pretty hard not to lose 1-2 lifes before reaching the final boss.

A shame that there isn't a video walkthrough for this last level.

Oh well. Back practicing!

just think about giving it a shot - not sure if its worth the time/efford i gotta put into this game xD

If it wasn't a hamster i guess i would, lol

The difficulty for both WipEout games, is nothing compared to this.

But it's pretty fun, and you get used to the difficulty after some time.

You should definitely try it, as I can see that you've completed plenty of hard games.

I reach the last level 1-2 times per day, so it's just a matter of time before I complete hard mode without any continues.

Wipeout HD is much harder than this imo...

Honestly the only really difficult part was the Octopus and the second half of level 5, but it was more difficult to figure out the positions than to actually execute the dodging. And stage 1-2-3 were also very easy to memorize.

I'd give this game 5/10, it's really not more than that. Obviously it helped that I've done much harder shmups than this before, but I still don't think this game deserves more than that. The main reason is that it doesn't require much reflexes, it simply requires you to memorize 100% of the game. There are very few enemies that actually aim with their bullets at you, most of them just shoot in a fixed position.

Oh one more thing: I notice you said you keep getting to level 5 1-2 times per day.

Not sure that you didn't yet, but if you didn't, I'd advise you, practise stage 5 in stage select. Get to the point where you can pass stage 5 two or three times in a row, and only then play the whole game from the start.

Edited by Zongorillacska

You are 1 out of 13 people who completed Sine Mora 100% so your difficulty rating might be pretty biased in these type of games. :p

I can beat the Octopus boss almost every time now, so it's just a matter of perfecting level 5.

But I always lose my health to completely random events, like the smaller flying Octopuses who shoot lasers in all directions.

But you're right - I just have to practice level 5 over and over again, instead of wasting time on level 1 to 4.

I actually didn't have any big problems obtaining the platinum in WipEout HD/2048.

I just suck at this type of games. Too much happening on the little screen, while I'm dodging 20 different things and shooting at the same time.

Yeah my opinion miiight be somewhat biased but I'm still pretty confident in saying this isn't harder than Wipeout HD...

I'm not really a pro in racing games. I actually suck at them, but Wipeout wasn't that hard for me either... xD I rated it 8/10, only Zico was really troublesome for me, I found ECL very luck based and not really that hard.

And I'm saying Flying Hamster is easy compared to that. It really isn't much of trouble, it's completely memorization dependent so you never really have to react quickly to anything sudden, if you practised the stages. Well the Octopus is the only exception but he's not soo hard to master.

Just remember every enemy spawn & where to stand for them and you will be fine. I hated stage 5 too, don't assume that I just breezed thru it xD It's just that, compared to the games I rated 9-10/10, I really can't give this a higher rate :p Those games required both memorization and extreme reflexes to beat.

I got 100% at last!

Thought I was fucked, as I lost 2/3 of my health before reaching the final boss.

The mini ship boss is pretty easy with bananas, so I replenished my health before the main boss - and it went pretty well.

It helped practicing level 5 till you could perfect it 2-3 times in a row, as you said.

And thanks for the trophy guide!

How much harder is Sine Mora?

I got 100% at last!

Thought I was fucked, as I lost 2/3 of my health before reaching the final boss.

The mini ship boss is pretty easy with bananas, so I replenished my health before the main boss - and it went pretty well.

It helped practicing level 5 till you could perfect it 2-3 times in a row, as you said.

And thanks for the trophy guide!

How much harder is Sine Mora?

Congrats on the 100% :) Wasn't that harder after practising stage 5 after all, was it? xD

Sine Mora... I wouldn't even compare them. They're a completely different league. Sine Mora is the hardest game of vita atm, no question about it. Try it, but it's really trillion times harder than Flying Hamster xD Arcade is 1 hour long and basicly every part of it (with only primary fire) is harder than the hardest parts of Flying Hamster.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Is this game bugged in any way as i just compeletd the game on hard mode without using a single continue and trophy did not pop. i skipped credits at the end but that didnt stop me from getting the normal trophy.

Im fuming as it took me so long and i had such a good run on stage four underwater where i struggle.

can anyone please help why i may not have got the trophy

Hi,

Is this game bugged in any way as i just compeletd the game on hard mode without using a single continue and trophy did not pop. i skipped credits at the end but that didnt stop me from getting the normal trophy.

Im fuming as it took me so long and i had such a good run on stage four underwater where i struggle.

can anyone please help why i may not have got the trophy

Please be aware that this trophy is glitched, i had to complete for a second time before trophy registered