|July 23rd, 2013, 10:10 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2013
The Flying Hamster HD Trophy guide & Roadmap
Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.
This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.
*Direct link to stuck guide*
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 9/10 (My opinion 7/10)
- Offline: 15
- Online: 0
- Approximate time to 100%: 15-40 hrs, HIGHLY depend on skill.
- Glitched trophies: No one detected so far.
- Hardest trophy: 1 Credit Hard Mode (Gold)
- Does cheat codes disable trophies: No cheats! (As far as I know)
(First of all, I haven't got all 15 trophies yet - But im very close though.
Im only missing 1 trophy, wich is to clear the HARD MODE without using a credit.
I will try to give you all some tips on how to do this tough one.
P.s I actually got a membership to this site JUST to write this guide.
So this is my first guide ever, I hope it will be fine!)
Welcome to Flying Hamster!
Finish Stage 1 (Normal Mode)
- Very easy, just finish the first stage obviously.
Finish Normal Mode
Clear game in Normal Mode
- You have to clear all 5 chapters in one go in order to unlock this one.
You have 5 credits from the start, but as you unlock trophies you will get 1 more credit, each trophy that you unlock. So if you having trouble, try to unlock some easy trophies before you do this.
1 Credit Normal Mode
Clear game in Normal Mode using 1 credit
- This is the second hardest trophy in the game. You cannot use ONE SINGLE CREDIT what so ever! You have to make it through the whole game without dying. My tips is just to practice, learn the pattern of the stages and bosses, it didnt took me so long to get this trophy. Also, every 100.000 points you get, you will get a health item appearing on the screen.
1 Credit Hard Mode
Clear game in Hard Mode using 1 credit
- This is definetly the hardest trophy in the game. I will give you some hints about this. First of all, DO NOT try to do this before you have completed the hard mode. Because when you just finish hard mode you will get "WEAPON CHANGE". You can change between every weapon as soon as you start a new game without even picked them up. Change it with touchscreen or "L" and "R" button. For example, for using the bananas, you can simply reload by switching weapon and switching back - Then your ammo will reloaded. This is extremly useful!
In other words, unlock all trophies before except this one of course - That will gives you a total of 19 credits, very useful.
The hardest boss when you first play through this is the Octopussy in level 4. It's really annoying, try to learn his pattern and just practice and practice.
When you have completed the hard mode for the first time, the bosses isnt so hard as they were before. I will now tell you wich weapons I use for each bosses.
Stage 1: Mushroom - Any of the 2 bombs.
Owl - Bananas
Stage 2: Pinguin - Bananas
Stage 3: Fox - Bananas
Stage 4: Octopussy - Bananas
Stage 5: Mini Ship - Bananas
Here im flying in the middle of the screen and as far up as I can. Be prepared to move up above the Aliens head. Cause when the ship does the beam attack and fire some balls, you can easily avoid it by doing that. Sometimes the beam goes down, but its better to safe NOT to get hit by flying up.
Alien - Fire... Here im trying to stay at the bottom of the screen all the time in the left corner. I just spam the "X" button and when he relases the minions I kill the one that is on the bottom the next ones is easy to avoid. Just dont stand in the corner when the upper-one is done running, because he will fall down so just move a little to the right and then back again. Also, be aware of his MEGA BEAM!
Best of luck with this one!
Reach first position in the local Hi-score table
- I actually just got it by accident. I think you need like 200.000 points or something like that. It's not a problem to get this one anyway.
Score 1.000.000 points
- This will come naturally when you go for the 1 credit trophies.
Screen clear using a berry
Kill hen and all crows in Stage 1
- This is easy. After the section with the bees and the goat a swarm of crows and a rooster will appear. Just hold the "X" button to fully charge with the berry weapon equipped and then blast them all.
Screen clear using a berry #2
Kill all bats using a berry on the wall in Stage 2
- You can get this after the part were the ghosts appear. You will flying through a "maze" with a couple of bats there. Just charge and blast this berry shot on the wall behind them and the small berries will hopefully kill them and you will get the trophy. You don't have to do it with just one shot. But you have to charge and make the bats killed by bouncing-wall-shot. At least I did!
Destroy all columns in Stage 2 (Normal Mode)
- An easy one. Once you get into the pyramid you just have to blast through every columns as it says.
Kill that ram!
Kill jumping ram from stage 1 (Normal Mode)
- I think its the 3.rd one, but im not sure. Anyway, just kill ALL goats in the first part of stage 1, before the Mushroom boss and you will ge the throphy.
Kill that robot!
Kill jetpack robot from stage 3 (Normal Mode)
- There is only 1 robot on this stage (at least in the Normal Mode). You will get some bombs a bit before this one appear. Try to save them and just shoot him with those ones when he appears. Trophy unlocked!
Avoid them all!
Finish any level without firing (except for the boss) with 1 credit
- I did it on the first stage. Not so much to say, just learn the pattern and DO NO DIE!
Finish any level using spit weapon only
- Just dont pick up or use or whatever any other weapon than the regular one, finish 1 level and you'll get it!
Go through Stage 5-2 (Normal Mode) without losing any HP
- Not a major problem! I flied at the bottom of the screen the whole time through the maze. You will get this pretty easy... Hopefully!
Destroy secret passage from stage 2 (Normal Mode)
- After you get into the pyramid you will soon get to a point where you can choose to go up or down. It doesnt really matter wich way you take, but be aware if you go up you need a another weapon then the regular one to destroy the columns. Anyway, after the big "Columncity" this SECRET INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE PASSAGE appear. It's mark with and X on the wall further down on the screen. Just blast it with bananas, bombs or any other HARDCORE weapons. /Duke Nukem
I hope this guide helps you all!
Last edited by Puzzler; January 13th, 2014 at 09:41 PM.
|July 23rd, 2013, 12:32 PM||#4|
Join Date: Jun 2009
Signature by TheFlyingToaster
|January 13th, 2014, 09:36 PM||#6|
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Yorkshire, England
Another guide has been selected for the sticky.
Please continue all future discussion here:
The Flying Hamster HD ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap